Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Deadlines

I'm so lame

by neve 6 reviews

God you're such a girl.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2008-07-14 - Updated: 2008-07-14 - 2262 words - Complete

3Exciting
Chapter Six: I'm so lame


"Hey what ya lookin at?" Justin asked turning to look at the direction she was staring in."

"Nothing," Jill quickly replied finishing off her drink, "Right we better be going."

Justin shook his head as she changed the subject and looked at the watch on his wrist,"You want to crash at mine?"

Jill paused for a moment,"Nah I'll be fine."

"You sure,"Justin said standing up," it's getting a bit late to get a train."

Jill grabbed her bag, pulled her coat on and accepted the hand Justin held out for her. "Steady now," Justin said gripping her tightly as she swayed slightly.

"You know I think I might be a little tipsy which is so lame since i only had three," Jill said smiling up at him.

"Yeah but they always make them a bit stronger at these things and knowing you, you will have forgotten to eat something."

"When did you get so wise?" Jill asked putting her arm around his waist as he held her tighter.

"Right you. you're staying at my place tonight,"Justin ordered her," and you're drinking lots of water."

Jill smiled at him again with her cheeks slightly flushed due to the alcohol ,"Okay Commander."

Justin helped to steady Jill and grabbed her hand as they squeezed through the crowd to get to the door. Justin looked back to see Jill grinning with the most stupid but yet slightly lovable smile on her face.

"Hey you going already?" Frank asked as he noticed the couple walking towards the door.

"I need to get this little lady home." Justin smirked at Frank as he looked at Jill.

"ohh, had a little too much of the evil spirit Jill?" Frank asked

"Me," Jill replied pointing at herself,"Noooo, I'm just a wee bit merry that's all."

"It was nice to see you again Jill and nice to meet you Justin," Frank said giving them both a hug. Frank looked at Justin again, "Good luck."

Jill looked up at Justin, "What did he mean by that?" Jill asked as she watched Frank walk off grinning. Jill suddenly stopped which forced Justin to stop and look at her, "Hey did I just get a hug from Frank Iero?"

"Yes Jill you did," Justin sighed,"God you're such a girl."


------- Across the room--------


"Bob you really have to stop staring like that?" Ray said over Bob's shoulder.

"What?" Bob asked slightly taken a back, "I wasn't staring."

Ray smiled as he noticed Bob getting slightly flustered, "Course you weren't man."

"When are we leaving?" Bob asked

"Brian said we could head off in 30 minutes," Ray responded noting how quickly Bob changed the subject. Bob was such a private person and rarely opened up to any of the guys about how he was feeling. However Ray could tell straight away that Bob had indeed been staring at someone. "mm Bob,"

"Yeah," Bob said taking a deep breath.

"You should just go and speak to her."

"Who?"

"The girl you've been staring at practically the whole night."

"I have not."

"Yes you have"

"No I haven't"

"Look man, you will probably not see her again so just go speak to her, have some fun before she disappears." Ray said hitting Bob with his elbow to try and get him to move.

"Nah, it's easier this way," Bob replied.

"Okay but you just be grateful that I was the one that noticed and not Frank or Gerard or you would never live it down". Ray laughed.

"You want a drink?" Bob asked making sure the topic was closed.

"I'm fine just now."

Ray watched as Bob walked towards the bar, it had been too long since Bob had shown any interest in a girl, the last girl had broken his heart and for all Bob's tough exterior he had taken it hard. Ray was contented to know that at least the drummer was starting to look again and anyway the girl that Bob had been staring at looked like she was pretty cosy with someone else.


--------- Next Day -----------


"Where the hell am i?" Jill whispered as she sat up and rubbed her eyes. As the blur started to dissipate she slowly hauled herself out of the bed. Jill checked her watch and opened the door to try and find Justin.

"So sleeping beauty finally awakes." A voice called from the kitchen,"How you feeling?"

"I'm fine actually pretty good." Jill replied sitting at the table.

"That'll be the chips you ate on the way home." Justin said as he appeared at the kitchen door," Your belly needed food."

Jill nodded her head, "You're too good to me Jus," she said as he put some toast and a mug of coffee in front of her.

"I know but that's what I'm here for sweet cheeks." Justin replied going back to the kitchen.
"Ha ha," Jill replied starting to eat the toast, "yum yum."

Justin sat down beside her, "So did you have a good time last night?"

Jill looked up at him noting the slightly sarcastic tone of his voice.

"I did have a good time and now I'm itching with ideas of what to write, I woke up last night and scrambled around trying to find my notebook to jot down a couple of things, I swear I'm going mad."

"I was wondering what you were doing but then all of sudden it went quiet."

"I'm sorry if I woke you but it was that catch 22 when you're so tired you don't want to move but then you're fighting the worry of a good idea disappearing out of you head." Jill replied.

"Just think two more days and we'll be standing in the middle of field, probably soaked, drinking slightly warm beer and listening to some kick ass music". Justin said leaning back in his chair and daydreaming.

"Hurrah, I can't wait," Jill replied pushing her hair behind her ears, "I know we're working but I love festivals although I did Leeds last year."

"Oh you'll get to see how real music fans enjoy themselves," Justin said playfully mocking her.

"Fuck off, I think you mean pretentious arseholes." Jill snapped.

"Hey it's not that bad."

"Jus, you know we always have the same argument before Leeds and Reading start." Jill said finishing off her toast.

"I know but honestly Jill you will love Reading, it's more hardcore than Leeds and the crowd are just mad." Justin said standing and picking up the plates, "anyway you better go and get ready or you'll make me late."

Jill quickly showered and dressed, she paused for a moment as she closed the drawer. It was kind of weird that she had her own drawer at his flat. Justin's flat was in the centre of town and she often crashed there after a night out or a late night working. The drawer had never been an intentional thing but she was always leaving things behind and the next time she came to the flat Justin had washed her clothes and replenished her essential supplies. They had both become a lot closer following the end of relationships. Justin had lived with his girlfriend for 4 years but when it came to taking the next step he found out that she didn't feel the same way. Jill recalled that it had been a mutual separation but he was devastated and it had taken him a long time to get over it. Jill's last relationship ended less than cordially, Justin had warned her about Mark but she never listened and well lets just say he was right on that front. It was a really tough time for both of them and the night she had to call him to get him to pick her up from the nightmare's flat was the time she finally listened and ended it. Since then they had been practically joined at the hip, they had both met other people, Justin more than Jill but it had never amounted to much. Justin was like a brother to Jill and she trusted him more than she trusted herself.

Jill eventually came back into the dining area and waited for him, she was pleased to actually be running before time as this was indeed a novelty.

"You ready?" Justin asked slightly surprised.

"Yep, all done." Jill replied smuggly.

"Let's go," Justin said grabbing the keys.

"Jus, we're not going on that bike again are we?" Jill asked nervously as she followed him down the stairs.

"It's so much quicker and anyway it's too late to even think about trying to fight to get a place on the bus."

Jill felt herself instinctively take a deep breath, it's not that she was terrified of bikes more the way Justin drove his. It wouldn't be the first time she would be found to be chalk white, gripping desperately to his sides with her eyes tightly shut as he dived through the traffic on the way to their work. She gingerly accepted the helmet and pulled it on as Justin jumped on the bike. The roar of the engine was the sign for Jill to pull herself on behind him. Jill grabbed on to him tightly and Justin laughed as he felt her arms around him. All that could be heard within Jill's helmet was a continuous, "damn it."


---------The office---------

Justin parked his bike in the usual spot and steadied it to allow Jill to climb off. Jill stood behind the bike and removed her helmet. She watched as he turned the bike off and removed his helmet.

"God dammit Jus, I thought you were trying to kill us," Jill said in a higher pitch than usual as he took her helmet. Justin reponded by laughing, "Oh you think this is funny, I swear I'm never going back on that thing again." Jill continued.

"Will you shut up and get your arse up those stairs?" Justin replied throwing her bag at her that he removed from the bike bag.

They both quickly ascended the stairs towards the office and they cringed as they saw the first person walking towards them.

"Morning you two," Kate said sarcastically, "Had an exhaustive night have we?" she added looking Jill up and down with eyes that went right through her.

"Jill had a fantastic night with My Chemical Romance and I swear I had to fight to keep them off her," Justin replied making sure to rub salt into Kate's wounds. It was one thing to be a bitch but to be a bully especially towards Jill made him mad.

"Yeah right." Kate snapped snearing at Jill again, "Well I'm off to see Muse tomorrow night in Edinburgh and your friends are supporting them."

"That's nice." Jill replied not wanting to get involved but trying to keep Justin from getting himself fired. Jill had seen Kate at her most evil when she had singled out someone who dared to stand up to her, she didn't want Justin to end up with the same fate.

"It so is Jill," Kate said with such glee,"Tony is taking me and we're going to stay over at the Balmoral Hotel, you know that one Jill, well maybe you do to look at but not to actually go in."

Jill inhaled a deep breath,"I hear it's supposed to be lovely, well have a good time, I need to get on or I'll miss my deadline."

"You get along then and write about your group." Kate said as she sauntered off.

Jill pulled Justin with her,"I swear Jill I will deck her one of these days." Justin said as he walked towards his desk with Jill still pulling him away from following Kate.

"Tony this and Tony that, goddamit we need a new editor," Justin added pulling off a rather good impression of Kate gushing, "How can you be so nice after all she has done to you?"

Jill looked up as she started to switch on her computer,"I've exhausted too much energy on her already and I find looking at her and smiling whilst swearing continuously in my own head very refreshing."

"You want a coffee?" Justin asked.

"We just got here,"Jill replied laughing as he leapt up from his desk with enthusiasm,"Go on then but I better start writing about my little band." Jill added emphasising the word little with finger quotations. "It's a pity the Edinburgh gig isn't on a day we are not working, it would have been good to see and I love Muse plus I could have gone to see my Dad."

Justin quickly walked round her desk and placed his arm around her shoulder, "Ah yes it would have been good for you to see your Dad and Muse," he paused for a moment, "and Bob?"

Jill almost choked, "What?"

"You heard me you so have a secret crush on Bob." Justin laughed moving quickly out of reach as she tried to hit him.

"I do not."

"hmmm." Justin replied going to get the coffee,

"Jus, listen to me I do not." She snapped emphasising the words.

"I think madam protests too much." He replied laughing once more as he left a fuming girl behind him.



I really hope you liked this chapter and I'm sorry it's taken me so long to post. Thank you for the amazing reviews and again I would be so happy if you could give me a wee review/rating (good or bad).
Sign up to rate and review this story