Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance

Traveling With You

by KissCollisionCourse 0 reviews

MCR's new friend tours with them in attempts to promote her band. A new love blooms for Ray, but will her reoccurring nightmare stop his love for her?

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Warnings: [V] [X] - Published: 2008-07-15 - Updated: 2008-07-15 - 2768 words

0Unrated
AN: This is my first My Chemical Romance Fan Fiction. I’m trying to make it work so everything fit sort of realistically. This will later become a crossover with Panic! At the Disco but will be more focused around MCR. I welcome constructive criticism and do not welcome flames. Even thought I have no problem with slash there will be no slash in this fic. This Fan Fiction will have Ray/OC because he’s really the only one to not have anybody and no one really seems interested in him. Please give this story a chance thanks and happy reading! Italics means a persons thoughts.

Disclaimer: I don’t own anything except the plot, Lilia, Kathleen, and Lilia’s Band.

Chapter One

It was rather sweet that they promised me they’d take me on tour with then. I was 18 and just graduated from high school. I had long dark almost black hair and brown eyes to match. My hair was currently unkempt because I had just awoke from a rather disturbing nightmare. Gosh I hope I didn’t make to much noise it was two in the morning though sure he would understand with the happenings at the Paramour. Experiencing nightmares would not stop the band from being curious. Instead of restlessly tossing around in the bunk above “big brother” it stared at the ceiling of my upper bunk and tried to lull myself back to sleep. When I say big brother I mean Mikey because we had a lot of things in common, like anxiety attacks for example. Mikey also took an immediate over protection for because mother was very concerned about me going.

I guess I’m quite lucky to be touring with them. You see I’m in a band myself and I was trying to promote my band. Funny how it happened really…

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Flash Back
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Half black half white t-shirt with white writing in the black area and black writing scrolled in the white area. It was my band hopefully some one would ask me about it. I really just needed more people to know. My best friends Kathleen and I had started when we were 15. Now I was 18 and going threw some CD at FYE. It wasn’t my hometown but it was a music store. I flipped threw the M’s trying to find my favorite band and heard a strangely familiar voice but frankly it was faint because of The Used pounding in my ears. I found what I was looking for right in front of me. It was The Black Parade. Macroscopic (bigger than microscopic) needles seemed to be lightly poking my taught leg muscles. Quickly working there way up and down my legs. I heard the voice again this time closer but, saying something totally different. I light tap was set upon my shoulder.

I turned and pulled out my ear bud to make eye contact with one of my idols. His name was Frank Iero and played the base in my favorite band!

If my muscles were tingling before it now seems rather painful with excitement.

“Yes?” I was calm when I spoke and smiled shyly.

“We were just wondering what your T-shirt meant it was causing a lot of conversation between us.” I was Gerard who spoke not frank and I wasn’t surprised.

“Oh!” A blush crept across my face “It’s just a band.”

“Well could you show us where we could sample it?” He was actually interested.

“Here.” I handle him my iPod with one of our songs now playing.

“Isn’t in this store?” Mikey was first to voice this question. I wish it was in the store.

“No.” I was being shy which is very unusual. “Just listen to it…please it’s very good.”
I offered him an ear bud, which he accepted. Ray tentatively took the other. They were thoughtful for a moment, looked at each other and continued to listen. The song finished and they handed the mini speakers over to Bob and Frank. They listened to the next song by the band and half way threw gave one to Gerard.

“It’s a girl singing.” Everyone looked at him an accusingly.“ I’m NOT judging, just with name like that it seems kinda dark for this song.”

The rest of the band was still staring but I laughed. “Yes it is rather dark for her I must agree.” I looked at my watch. “Oh, gosh I’m sorry but I have to go, they’re on Myspace you should look them up. See you.” I scampered away toward the back entrance of the store.

“We really should try to contact the band they sound really good.” I heard Gerard comment.

“Did she know that we were My Chemical Romance?” duh I knew! It was Frank. “She acted normal.” I was out of ear shot in seconds.

Next week we were playing a show at a coffee shop. It wasn’t much but hey it got they’re name out their but then about half way threw the show it happened. My Chemical Romance walked threw the doors and ordered coffee. They must have liked the music. I was so excited! They did a double take when they recognized me. I hadn’t posted any pictures of the band on our Myspace so there was no way to tell that I was in the band by looking at it. We finished playing and hopped off the little platform to get some coffee for the two of us.

“HEY!” It was one of the guys from My Chemical Romance. We turned to see Ray nearest to us.

“Oh hello nice to see you again.” Kathleen went into a fit of giggles because I told her the about the little encounter. That was only part of the giggles; I had been obsessed with the group since I first heard them.

“Why the hell didn’t you tell us it was you singing?” Frank said his voice brimming with happiness and irritation.

“Lilia’s very modest.” Kat answered for me.

“Well that’s obvious enough.” Gerard chirped in.

“We like your music your should consider going with some electric instruments.” The charming, little-used, voice of Bob chimed in.

“Yeah that might happen when the band hits it good enough to actually buy electric instruments.” I spoke up again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
End Flash Back
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So yeah that’s how it all started. They had to talk some things over and we said we’d meet here tomorrow seeing as we had to get home soon. I was a little worried they wouldn’t show up tomorrow at the coffee shop. The band was actually waiting for us to show up. Funny how it works out really, they actually wanted us to tour with them but Kathleen couldn’t I knew that as soon as they offered. She was studying abroad. I could go because I was only trying to write a book but I had a laptop so touring would compromise my writing that much I mean really I’d be on a bus all day. So I agreed to tour with them. So I’m here on a bus, with my favorite band or one of them anyway.

“Hey Lilia are you up?” The meek voice of Mikey floated threw my curtain. Mikey why are you awake?

“Yeah I am.” I pulled my curtain back.

“What the fuck happened to you? Hot date that snuck out?” I wish! I must look horrible.

“Nightmare…” Please don’t ask what it was about. Please, please, PLEASE don’t ask. His eyes were full of concern.

“Oh are you alright?” That’s all he was going to ask I could tell or at least hoped. I could feel my long side swept bangs tangled over my head. The hairs bound by my no-slip ponytail holder were free and probably resembled Ray’s fro more than anything.

“Yes.”

“Good, now it’s about two in the morning so I’m going back to bed. Are you sure your okay?” I nodded. “Okay well I heard you thrashing around in your sleep it worried me.”

“I’m fine…and tired so yeah g’night.” I smiled and blinked slowly.

He returned my smile and went down to his bunk. I slipped back into sleep; luckily for me I didn’t have another dream.

I awoke to brown curls; Ray was gently shaking me awake.

“That must have been some nightmare last night.” I opened my eyes to his face really close to mine and hot air crawled around my neck. Shutting my eyes I let the sweet moisture envelope my neck, my conscience.

“He told you?” Mikey didn’t look like the person to share that kind of information with people.

“No you woke me up last night too.” A blush crept across my tanned face. I opened my mouth to apologize but Ray cut me off. “No apology needed it’s not like you could help it. Now c’mon lets get you some breakfast.” Then the unexpected happened; he kissed me atop my head and scooped me up in his arms. If I wasn’t blushing before it certainly was now. This affection dizzied me. Never really having a relationship with affection it was a new sensation. He carried my safely to the front of the bus to eat breakfast. The band looked up at me curiously.

“Was that the hot date?” a clever smile played on Mikey’s lips.

“Ha, ha funny. Now lemme eat my breakfast,” Ray let me down and the humiliation was over for now. I rummaged around in a cupboard in search for something edible. I eventually grabbed a piece of bread. A piece of hardly filling but lunch was only an hour away and it would be nice to actually eat real food and the restaurant. I plopped down next to Ray at the tiny table. Nibbling on the bleached flour concoction.

“Good you’re eating.” He pulled his arm around me and squeezed gently.

“Uh-huh.” I responded absent-mindedly because, I was watching life pass out side the bus. Coming to my senses I responded properly. “Why wouldn’t I be?”

“Just I remember the last few times you had a nightmare you had a lose of appetite. Mikey wouldn’t want you malnourished.” I rolled my eyes at this because I really need another mother.

“I don’t want me malnourished.” He chuckled lightly and turned his attention toward Bob. He had just taken the seat adjacent to us. I munched on my bread and listened to their increasingly boring conversation. “I’m going to go get dressed.” It was only mumbled and I shrugged away from Ray’s arm and walked to my bunk.

Meanwhile at the front of the bus
RayPOV

“Geeze Ray you are clinging to her and she’s not getting annoyed.” Gerard poked fun at Ray’s “crush”. Ray had had trouble with his other girlfriends they said he was to clinging or to unaffectionate it. Ray returned Gerard’s statement with a glare.

“Ray you do seem quite attached to her.” It was Bob, his one ally. Bob turned against him.

“Well you can’t say that I’m the only one who’s attached to her. Just the other day you were saying how different it will be when she isn’t with us.” I was getting defensive and why shouldn’t I be? So, what if I am attracted to her?!

“You’re attracted to her,” It was Mikey spoke the truth for the band to hear. Ray was the only one who hadn’t had a steady girlfriend. Mikey and Gerard both married. Frank soon to marry Jamia.

“NO! she’s to young!” Even if I knew I was attracted to her the rest of the band didn’t have to know that!

“I’m eighteen…what are you shouting about anyways?” Lilia reentered the front and entered to conversation. She looked fantastic. Her dark hair was slicked back into a ponytail; in a sleeveless purple shirt that showed off her broad shoulders. The muscularly feminine legs were encased in black tight fabric. This outfit was extremely complimenting to her front and back. Had she always had that big of breast before? Wait… what am I thinking she’s like my sister, or Mikey’s sister. If she’s Mikey’s sister I could date her. WHAT THE FUCK? RAY! You do not like her like that. NO, No, no! I do not feel like that toward a mere girl 10 years younger than me.

“Ray? Are you…are you alright?” That dearly sweet feminine voice questioned.

“What?” My reverie slowed my voice.

“You were just standing there, silent. It worried me for a moment.” Sincere concern gushed from her words.

The bus came to a halt. It was a little roadside Ma and Pop Diner surrounded by a sea of black cracking asphalt. Gerard led the way for our breakfast. Lilia tagged behind them making her height noticeable. Everyone was taller than her…well everyone except Frank. She caught up with us and we proceeded to a corner booth.

Time past and we were waited on. I watch her, Lilia that is, she order hot chocolate, hash browns, and pancakes. She ate so much and still she stayed thin. We all tucked into our lunch or, for Lilia, breakfast. I pondered for a while what the nightmare was about. She paused in her eating and yawned widely her tongue flattening. The remembrance of his last deep kiss flashed in his mind’s eye. How it felt to have another’s tongue in your mouth gave me such a feeling of love. Cupping her breast with our tongues tangled…WHAT?NO, no, no! TO YOUNG.

“Are you going to eat that?” Frank was trying to steal a ketchup slathered fry I had been eyeing before my little day dream.

“NO!” My voice was a little harsh for a fry. Lilia flinched and the band looked up from their plates. “sorry, I was in a daze but I would like my fry.”

“Jeeze Toro you must want to be laid bad. Now I definitely know what you were thinking about.” Gerard was always Frank second when it came to the friendly bullying the made it’s round in the band.

Discomfort radiated from Lilia as she excused herself to the restroom.

“I was just--”

“Watching Lilia?” Gerard continued the dialogue.

“Don’t think she’s vomiting do you?” I changed the subject saying that she might possibly be bulimic. Her plate was clear and she was very thin. It was a very good question that just might save my skin.

“No and don’t change the subject. When are you finally going to be true to your heart Toro?”

I sighed, “What’s up with using my last name?”

“I’m trying to annoy you into agreeing with the rest of the band.”

“Well it’s working.” Anger laced within my words. “She’ll never be my girlfriend there’s no point.”

“Whatever you say Ray, whatever you say.”

With Lilia
Lilia POV

Citrus scent coursed into my nostrils and a lathered the soap on my hands into a think white foam. I’ve never felt so infatuated before. The citrus I hoped would calm me but I was asking an improbable. Citrus wakes one up, refreshes them. I wanted it and I couldn’t believe it. Being on a bus with five, sexually active, guys is affecting me to much maybe I shouldn’t have agreed to this. I’ve never had an urge to just snuggle up to a guy, make out, and touch them. I honestly can say I know what to do so I’m not going to do anything!

I rinsed the lather off of my hands and tried them on my jeans. My hand found my face and rubbed the temples annoyed with this feeling. It is okay to still be a virgin.

Proceeding out of the bathroom door I walked back to our booth and plopped down on my seat tired as hell.

“You feeling okay, kiddo?” Mikey placed a hand on my shoulder shaking me into reality. “You look like you’ve seen your death again.”

Shrugging I mumbled a suitable response and sipped my water.

We paid and went back to the bus back on the road to where ever. I just hope I didn’t have to do much talking.
Sign up to rate and review this story