Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Lifeline

Chapter Seven

by BohemianAngel 0 reviews

The band's future is taking shape, but what happens when Valerie sees Gerard with another girl?

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2008-07-16 - Updated: 2008-07-16 - 1085 words

0Unrated
Weeks passed and the relationship between Gerard and I only seemed to grow. Katie and Frank were still going strong as a couple, they went out almost every weekend, and Gerard and I went out as often as we could. Every so often the four of us went out on double dates, which were always a lot of fun. If one couple was making out, the other would always tell them to get a room or whatever, but it was all meant in fun of course.

It was now a week or so since we had gotten back from Christmas vacation. Everybody was back sharing stories of what they did over break, showing off a new cell phone or iPod to friends, and not fully into the swing of things at school just yet.

“Who is that?” Ray asked me as the seven of us camped out at Katie’s locker before the warning bell rang. She was of average height but on the skinny side, wearing a pink sweater and jeans. Her dirty blonde hair was put up in a ponytail which showed off her plain yet naturally attractive face.

“Hmm, don’t know.” I admitted. “She may be new, a freshman by the looks of it.” What I didn’t bother to add was that I thought she had the possibility of becoming the next Bianca Simmons.

**

Mid January was here by now, and we were done with our midterms. Katie and I had plans to hang out at her house after school to celebrate the strain of exams passing. I was getting my stuff out of my locker when Gerard came sprinting down the hall towards me, his face lit up in this huge smile, and I could tell he was excited about something.

“Valerie, you’ll never believe this!” he exclaimed.

“Try me anyways.”

“Okay, I wanted to tell you this in study hall, but you were in the library so I never got the chance. During lunch, my parents called me to tell me they got a call from Reprise Records. That record label listened to our demo, they loved our music and they want to sign us!”

”You’re kidding!” I gasped. I threw my arms around him in a hug. “Oh my God, that’s amazing! This is the real deal, right?”

“It sure is! The five of us and our parents all know about this, and we’re going down to New York City for the weekend so that the label can meet us properly and discuss a few things with us. Eyeball never did any of this for us.” He shrugged and I nodded in understanding. Eyeball Records had signed them before dropping them soon afterwards. It was a huge letdown for them, but they decided to still play despite that. Reprise Records on the other hand sounded genuinely interested in the band, otherwise they wouldn’t have made arrangements to meet with them.

“I need to finish getting my stuff out of my locker, I’m meeting Katie outside so that we can go to her house.”

“Okay, so I’ll see you next week?”

“Yeah.” I hugged him. “Have a good time in New York.”

“I will.” He kissed me. “I love you, sweetheart.”

As I made my way outside I passed by the lockers towards the main entrance, and what I saw there made me freeze. Gerard was there, and so was that new freshman girl that we had seen on the first day back at school after Christmas break. She had him pushed up against the lockers and she was kissing him, really deeply I may add. And Gerard didn’t seem to have any problems with it. He was even kissing her back.

I refused to believe what was happening in front of me. It didn’t seem real at all. I wanted to just close my eyes and open them again to see that girl gone and Gerard alone, but I knew I wasn’t imagining things now.

“Gerard Arthur Way, I can’t believe you!” I exclaimed.

“Valerie, this isn’t what you think it is.” Gerard tried to explain, but I really wasn’t in the mood to hear it. The only thing that answered him was the rapid patter of running feet, and I looked to my right just in time to see the girl running away from the scene. Pathetic.

“No, Gerard! I thought I meant something to you! I thought you actually loved me. And yet I come here and I see you making out with some random girl…” I shook my head and looked at him straight in the eye. “It’s over, Gerard Way.”

I ran towards Katie’s car without looking back at him. He didn’t deserve to be in my life after what he’d just done, and I wanted to get away from him as soon as possible.

“Okay Valerie, spill it. Something really wrong is going on here, isn’t it?” Katie asked once we were in the privacy of her basement.

“Gerard…” My voice trailed off and without warning I broke down. “He’s been…cheating on me with some random girl. I was going to meet you outside and…I saw them kissing.” I managed to say amongst my sobs. I then realized that I was still wearing the necklace that he’d given me for my birthday. I roughly forced it off and threw it across the room and onto the floor.

“Hun, don’t do that.” Katie reprimanded gently. I was still crying, so she wrapped her arms around me in a hug. We just sat on her couch and she just let me cry. “Shh. Go ahead and cry. I know it hurts.”

I really thought that I meant more to Gerard. What really made this sting was that I finally thought that there was a guy who was romantically interested in me, who saw me as more than just an emotional little girl. Some would argue that he still did care about me, but because of what I’d seen him do with that girl I knew that he saw me just like all the other boys at my school. And if he cared about me as much as he said he did, then why the hell would he cheat on me behind my back?

My heart was completely broken, and there was nothing Gerard could say or do to fix it.
Sign up to rate and review this story