Categories > Anime/Manga > Bleach

Post-Mortem Breathlessness

by redex 0 reviews

After the war, walking in the snow in the world of the living is almost too real.

Category: Bleach - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Ishida Uryuu, Kurosaki Ichigo - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2006-02-26 - Updated: 2006-02-26 - 303 words - Complete

1Insightful
It had been a long time since Ishida had seen snow. The first time he had shared the experience with a certain Kurosaki Ichigo.

The earring was a new addition. Ichigo couldn't decide whether he liked it or not.

Something had happened. Long after all the dust had settled, and it was just the two of them, walking down a normal street, in normal clothes, normal living people surrounding them.

"So, what did you call me out here for, Kurosaki?"

Some things never change. They had reached a park, and paused next to a fountain, turned off for the night.

"Just to look at my beautiful face?"

That smirk... Ichigo blushed a little and rubbed the back of his head, looking anywhere but at the skinny, black and white figure in front of him.

"Erm... Well, something like that."

By the way that Uryuu was silent and only moved his hands into the pockets of his coat, Ichigo figured that he was the only virgin here.

When he finally looked up, it was to the silent dropping of snow from the sky. Ishida wasn't even looking at him any more, just staring up at the grey sky, tinted orange from the city's lights, watching the snow fall.

And Ichigo's eyes were hard when he reached out to brush Uryuu's mussed and damp hair, electing a soft smile and eyes framed by what was quite possibly the most beautiful face...

"Took you long enough, Ichigo."

And, yes, Uryuu definitely knew what he was doing, tasting from his mouth, like a connoseur tastes wine - swirl, sip, hold, swollow.

When they parted with a puff of steam into the cold air, Ishida looked back up to the sky, and Ichigo could only follow his gaze, looking up into the cold heaven that they had left behind.
Sign up to rate and review this story