Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > Of Wolves And Roses

ChapterSix: The First Day

by siyo 0 reviews

Senra and CO. head for Suna. Will Senra finnaly reveal his reasons for hating Sanshimora?

Category: Naruto - Rating: G - Genres: Angst,Drama,Humor - Characters: Gaara,Hinata,Itachi,Tenten - Published: 2008-07-24 - Updated: 2008-07-24 - 1790 words

0Unrated
Of Wolves and Roses
Chapter 6: Delivery




Senra and his team left the gates at 2 A.M. with only Ai to see them off. The trip would be about three days long and the mission itself would have to be over in eight. That would give them about 2 days to look around. As they traveled towards the forest Senra had Yahiko looking at the map to pick out places for them to camp and to look for areas of likely ambush. Despite the hints Sanshimora had dropped about this being good “Training” there was very little action, despite Taki getting hurt every 20 minutes by branches and such.
At the end of the first day, the team came to a cave almost completely blocked by trees. After a quick diagonal swipe from Senra’s sword, and some clever string working tricks from Yahiko, they made camp for the night inside of the cave with the entrance looking as though Senra hadn’t cut it. As they all sat around the fire, Yahiko was the first to break the four-hour long silence. “So, how are you guys holding up?”
“I’m ok.” Senra said with a sigh. “Just thinking about the desert.”
Taki shrugged, checking his cuts. “I’m okay. I’m wounded, but it’s nothing life threatening. I’m kind of looking forward to the desert,” Taki finished looking at Senra.
“Me too… I wonder what it’s like…” Yahiko said getting a far away look in her eyes.
“…It is hot, and has lots of sand. Oh, and the best way to describe the land we’ll be walking on is schizophrenic. Up, down, up, down, up… well, you get the picture. If you get close to a mountain or maybe an oasis, it’s lovely and everything but otherwise it’s just plain bothersome… I’ve only been to the desert once, but I’d rather not be there long enough to remember anything about the first trip.” Senra said looking at the maps and circling a spot on one of the desert maps and sliding it over to Yahiko.
“What’s this? It’s just a dune that drops off into a small cliff… looks maybe only 20 feet tall at the most.” Yahiko said studying the map.
“There is a hidden cave there, and inside it is an underground oasis, it’s a lot like a hot spring this time of year.” Senra said taking a drink of one of the bottles of water that he’d packed.
“Why are we going there, then?” Taki asked.
“It’s the most concealed of all the oasis locations in that region, but it’s about a half hour out of our scheduled path. However, a short walk is nothing in exchange for the guaranteed safety of my team.” Senra stated as he traced a red line on the map with his finger. “Any complaints Yahiko?”
“Does that mean I can wash myself off? You know, get the sand and sweat off of me?” Yahiko asked.
“Sure, that’s fine by me.” Senra said looking back at the maps. With a sigh he looked at some of the pictures of the desert.
Yahiko couldn’t help but remember what Ai had said to her about the chances of getting to a secluded oasis. “You see, all men have the very same weakness. If you can get to a secluded oasis, just ask if you can bathe. Then when they draw sticks to see who goes out on patrol, you just have to rig it… then you can focus on my brother.”
“-hiko, Yahiko? Are you with us?” Taki asked waving a hand in front of her face. “How about those ambush spots?”
Yahiko looked around and sighed. “Well, there aren’t likely to be any on our way up. But on our way back, we may be ambushed here,” she said tapping a spot on the map, “or here.” She said tapping another. “All the other places for a possible ambush have areas where you can see into the enemy before you get there.”
Taki looked at the map for a minute and shook his head. “Senra, what makes you so sure that there will be an ambush? How do you know they won’t just confront us up front?”
Senra looked at Taki, his frustration showing in his features. “This is a real mission Taki; we aren’t chasing down cats and carrying groceries anymore. This is a B rank mission. The enemy will be serious about killing us, so we must be prepared for anything they throw at us.”
//Meanwhile, in Konoha…
Sanshimora walked into the Hokage’s office and bowed. “You wanted to see me Hokage-sama?” He asked as he looked up.
“I heard you put your team on the mission I gave you.” He said, his old age apparent in not only his face, but also his voice.
“Yes, I did. You gave me permission to do so, remember?” Sanshimora asked confused.
“I gave no such order.” The third said spinning on his heals. “When did this permission come?”
“I was given this scroll from one of your advisors, it said that you evaluated my request and deemed my team more than able to take this on.” Sanshimora said, throwing out all formalities and standing, the safety of his team more important than being polite at the moment. ‘This must be the mode Senra’s in constantly… They should be alright as long as they stick together.’
“Go after them at once, I think Orochimaru may be planning something…” Saratobi said rubbing his temples and sitting at his desk. “Or worse yet, Itachi…”
Sanshimora didn’t stay long enough to hear Itachi’s name. He was gone when he was told to leave.
Chapter 6 /END/
------------------ --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ------------------
Author’s Notes:
Sorry about how short this chapter was. I was running dry on ideas and it’s easier to skip time between chapters. Also, I would like to point out that although this is Of Wolves and Roses, this is a complete rewrite. For instance, originally, Senra Yuiy was Senra Uchiha, and he had the Mangekyu for life rather than the Senra now who is losing his Sharingan abilities because his eyes are finally evolving to the Dragons Eyes. I’d also like to point out the differences between his Kekkei Genkai and all the others.
The Yuiy clan’s “Dragon” bloodline:
Eyes: They take on a cat like appearance usually at the age of 15. They are like the Sharingan in the fact that they are hidden until called upon. But these eyes are different. They cannot copy ninjutsu but they are not limited to only a few seconds of sight into the future. So long as the user has enough Chakra he could look months or even years into the future or past. Also, the way these eyes function is that they see the future and the past, or whatever the user wishes by looking through the flow of chi in all living things. Users who become extremely adept with the eyes can even use them to hear things, the downside is, you can’t turn it off and everything every one says within the range of the ninjas abilities, are heard by the ninja. This was believed to be the cause of insanity in Shin ‘The Crazed Fox’ Yuiy.
Techniques: The dragon techniques are as follows:
Dragon shuriken – once known as the Pinpoint Dragon Needle.
Dragon Fang – an orb of pure power, rivals the rasengan in power. [Horse, Dragon, Tiger, Snake, Boar, Ram]
Dragon Release – This is a follow up technique to the Dragon Fang. It copies the bloodline of its victim or victims and steals their knowledge of all their jutsus.
Dragon Fist – The final copy move for the Yuiy clan. They are able to copy both bloodline and ninjutsu knowledge, however, unlike the Dragon Release, it’s not always fatal. Also unlike the Dragon Release, which at this level no longer needs to be used right after the Dragon Fang, it retains all the bloodlines it copies, with out ever losing a bloodline to make way for a new one. [Focus all chakra to the hand you’re going to do it with. Dragon, tiger, ram, dog, boar, snake, rat]
Dragon Sword – The type of sword summoned depends on the user. The user shoves their hand through a portal, which requires about 85% chakra to open at your usual Jonín level, and draws a sword made of a tooth from a dragon. Some teeth have been shaped into a better sword shape than others, but they sacrifice some of the raw power of the Technique. Truly advanced ninja’s of the clan can do battle in this other world that there sword comes from, however, there have only been 5 ninja’s in the clans history to get that strong. [Dragon, Horse, Snake, Tiger, Boar, Rabbit, Snake, Dragon]
Dragon’s Legs – Much like the first gate, it ups speed and power but only in the legs and only for about 4 minutes at Jonín level chakra amounts. [Boar, Snake, Ox, Rooster, Dragon, clap hands together, take a deep stance and drive all chakra to the legs]
Silver Dragon Fang – This is like the regular Dragon Fang, except rather than being black or dark blue, its silver and forms in both hands. This move can only be done with the Dragons Eyes open. [Hand seals unavailable. All the clan members who ever made it this far were able to form hand seals faster than even the 3 windmill sharingan could keep up with, this sprouted the rumor that they had mastered the technique to the point where hand seals were unnecessary. Also note that the Mangekyu had not been discovered until about 20 years after the death of Shin Yuiy, so its abilities against the Dragons Eyes and other Dragon techniques aren’t available.]
Dragon Drive no Jutsu – This is the ultimate Dragon technique, only usable after every single Kekkei Genkai has been copied by a Yuiy. However, as fate would have it, the secrets of this jutsu died along with Shin ‘The Crazed Fox’ Yuiy. It’s believed however, that the jutsu will come naturally to any Yuiy who gets this far.
All of the above jutsus are limited to the Yuiy bloodline, with the exception of the knock off of the Dragon Shuriken, also known as the Iron Needle. The Iron Needle is the technique Kato uses. Although easier to master, it is weaker.
Surviving members: 5
Names: Senra Yuiy, Ai Yuiy, Unavailable, Unavailable, Unavailable.
Sign up to rate and review this story