Categories > Original > Romance > Silence

Selfish.

by Ashley_Renee 0 reviews

Category: Romance - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2008-07-30 - Updated: 2008-07-31 - 1743 words

0Unrated
I was nervous as I pulled up to the school. I finally found a parking place, and toke a minute to relax before I walked in. I knew I would be different. Everyone here had such tan skin, and beachy hair. My skin was pale, as if I was from alaska, and my hair was dark brown, with no signs of the suns touch. Here goes. I thought, as I walked into the room full of un-expecting students. Nearly everyone turned and looked at me, as I walked to an empty seat and sat down. It got unusually quite, and then the wispers started. I glanced around, and noticed that someone was coming towards me.

"Hi. You must be Annastashia. I'm Aimee. Welcome to Big Sur High!" she squecked, trying to sound super excited. She was tall, but not as tall as I was. I could see that she wore tons of makeup, and she was wearing heels. Great. I thought. My first friend is a girly girl. I couldn't wait for this nightmare to end.

"Thank you. But please, call me Anna. I like it better." I said, trying to sound a little bit excited and happy. But it didn't go as planned. She didn't notice, however, so I was off the hook.

"Ok, Anna. Well, can I see you scheduele? Maybe we'll be in some of the same classes!" I handed her the scheduele, clearly not as excited as she. I glanced around again, looking at all the different people and cliques. At the foot of the cafeteria, I noticed a face looking at me. I glanced back, and tried to hide my red cheeks.

"Oh, I see you've met Lucian." Aimee said, not in the same welcoming voice as before. "He's the Romeo here, I guess you could say. All the girls have a thing for him." She stopped, long enough to make a disgusted face. "So don't hope for much. He doesn't date. And I mean it. He just doesn't."

I could see why all the girls had a thing for him. He was absolutly gorgous. His smile was perfect, along with his hair. I felt like I was glancing at some kinda've fairytel prince. I laughed, when I thought about how un-real this was. All these girls googling over some beautiful snob, hoping to get a chance. They acted as if they would just all of a sudden bow down to his feet, saying "Yes, master." This made me laugh even more, and now I noticed that Aimee was glaring at me.

"Whats so funny?" she asked. I could tell that she too, was one of those girls. This made it hard to concentrate on a story to tell her.

"Oh, nothing. Just how everyone drools over one guy, acting as if they would die for him." I said. I didn't care if it offended her. I wasn't the type to please everyone by being what they wanted me to be. I was me, so she could take it or leave it.

"You'd be surprised." she said, shaking her head. Obviously she didn't care what I thought. She just kept drooling over him. The bell rang soon after, and as soon as I walked out've the cafeteria, I was aproched, by yet another stranger. This one was a guy, ofcourse. It seemed all the girls already hated me. It wasn't my fault that I had a group of love-strucked puppies following me everywhere. I actually wished they wouldn't notice me, and go google over someone else. I hated attention, and these people were making it hard for me not to be the center of it.

"Hi, Anna. I'm James." he intoduced himself. I glanced up, throwing my head back to look at him. He was a giant compared to me. I could hear someone laughing behind him. I looked back down, seeing the beautiful snob from the cafeteria.

"James, I daresay, leave the new-girl alone. You frighten her." he said, enjoying the picture he just made out. I could once again feel anger rising up my throat. I couldn't hold it back.

"And who might you be, Mr. I'm-a-complete-ass? I don't think I asked for your opinion about me. And I have to say, if frighted little new girl is your opinion of me, I have to disagree." I said, knowing this would have consiquiences. It was silent for a moment, before the laughing began. John, and the whole group of onlookers behind me chocked, cause they were laughing so hard. The only ones not laughing were me, and Lucian. He glared at me, yet his expression was not one of anger, but of admiration. This made me frightened, for I remembered what Aimee said earlier.

"I'm sorry to have judged you so un-carefully, Ms. Anna. Next time, I'll have to be more careful." he said.

"There won't be a next time." I mumbled, pretty sure he couldn't hear. But I was wrong.
"Oh, but there must! I wouldn't miss not getting to know you better, of all people! You have made me quite curious about you."

"Well, maybe you should just give up that dream right now."
"I'm not one to give up, Anna."

"Sure, Sure." I said. I noticed then, that James was glaring at Lucian. The second bell rang, and I hurried to class. The teacher didn't even look up when I walked in. I saw only one seat left, and I was unprepared for it. Next to the seat, was the seat holding Lucian. I couldn't believe it. Surely, someone would sit there, since everyone loves him! I almost stomped out of the room, but Mr. Rooney looked at me, and gustured for me to sit. I walked over, not hiding the pout on my face, and sat down. I could feel Lucian's eyes on me, and I didn't like it. I glared at him, but he just smiled. I even thought he winked at me. Ugh! Life isn't cruel enough, is it? Whats next, him being in my every class!! I hated it. I hated him. His golden eyes shined at me, holding many unsaid comments, but I didn't care. As soon as the bell rung, I ran out've the class. I walked to the gym, for my extra period. Maybe he won't be in here. Most of the guys goto Athletics, anyways. But boy, did I get a surprise.

The moment I walked into the gym, I saw him. He stood there, smiling at me from across the floor. I hide my embaressment, and walked back outside. I knew this was skipping, but I didn't care. I was going to march to the principle to change my scheduele, but someone grabed me, and dragged me into a storage closet.

"What is this, a joke? Oh yah, pick on the new kid. You jerks!" I yelled, but I was sure no one was around to hear me. I sat in a corner, looking helpless. I hated school. I hated Lucian, and I hated Aimee. I hated them all.

"Why do you resist me?" I heard a familiar voice ask. I knew who it was, even before he got close enough to see his face,

"Because I'm not a love-sick puppy, running tail tucked when you say a word." I replied. I looked at his eyes. I could see the fire. "That really bugs you, doesn't it?" I smiled. The beautiful brat was jealous. I couldn't help laughing.

He glared at me. "You know, your so impossible! I hate it. I didn't even know you, but yet you acted like you hated me. Why?" he asked. His expression was blank.

"Aimee told me how you had every girl chasing you around, but yet you don't date them. I think its childish. Don't lead them on if you don't want them."

"And you say I'm acting childish."

"Well, you are." I smiled.
"And your being positivly, monumentally impossible! And not to mention selfish!"

I could feel the anger again. I had to get better control of it. "You sit here, and call me selfish? Look at yourself in the mirror, you soul-less creep!" and with that, I stormed out of the closet. I ran to my car, and layed in the back seat. A spider crawled on my window, as if it was trying to get in. I felt the urge to squash it, but instead, I let it live. I could hear cars zooming past me. I curled up into a ball and cried. I was alone, finally. I got up, and noticed that the spider was no longer on my window. Instead, Lucian was there, looking in.

"Its called privacy, and I have a right!" I yelled at him. He looked sad, and I almost jumped out of the car and hugged him. What? You don't like him, Anna. Remember that! I heard a voice in my head say. I heard another, but it just told the first one to shut up.

"I'm sorry Anna. I didn't mean it. You have to believe me! I really like you, I swear! But it hurts to know you made such judgements before I could tell you the truth!" he said. His smile I was so used to seeing was now a solemn frown.

"Its fine. I'm sorry too." I said, not looking up. He somehow unlocked my doors, and was holding me tightly. I didn't even try to push him away. I knew he was too strong, and I didn't want to fight any longer. He turned the car on, and drove me home. It was late, I could tell. I didn't want to wake Diana, so I decided to go up the back stairs.

"Thanks." I said, lazilly. I was almost half-asleep.

"Maybe I should take you in." He offered. But I just walked off towards the back of the house. And before I knew it, my vision went from the sky to the ground. I felt him catch me, and picked me up to take me inside. He layed me on the bed, and tucked me in. I was almost asleep. When I thought he left, I felt him lean against me. Oh, come on! Two strangers have slept in the same bed as me since I got here! I feel like a hor. I thought to myself. I was about to object, but he started to sing softly, putting me to sleep.
Sign up to rate and review this story