Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Just For the Attention

Back Home

by silencing 0 reviews

The tour finally stops in Phoenix

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor - Published: 2008-08-01 - Updated: 2008-08-01 - 2233 words - Complete

0Unrated
A/n-So I can't even begin to explain what delayed this chapter. A lot of the chapter was rewritten at least once, because the first time I tried it, nothing flowed. I finally decided to fast forward to Phoenix, and that worked slightly better, but I was so eager to write it, my mind created a block for awhile. Plus there was no time between work and baton, and vacation and nationals and teaching to even consider writing. I just knew I had to get this done before Breaking Dawn came out, because otherwise it would take even longer. Whatever the case, it finally came to me, and I think it turned out okay. Hopefully the next installment will be out even sooner, and then it won't be long until the final chapter and the epilogue, and the future SEQUEL. So yes please enjoy, and REVIEW!

Reviews get one of my medals from nationals!
*

The two weeks a following their break had been quite uneventful. Ryan and Nikol's relationship had been blossoming behind the scenes and when Brendon and Danielle weren't bickering, they got along so well it was sickening.
In any case, there wasn't anything going on that could distract the girls from the excitement they felt as they approached their home town.
The night before their arrival, Brendon had suck onto the girls' bus at a stop, wanting to see Dani's face as they rolled into Phoenix. Ryan had joined him, but more to spend time with Ni than anything else.
Danielle was already asleep, so he gently woke her and squeezed into her too small bunk. It took some maneuvering, which was difficult with her more asleep than awake, but they finally got comfortable enough to sleep through the night.
Nikol on the other hand had been awake and reading on the couch when Ryan had boarded the bus. She had been rather surprised to see him, but the two soon settled comfortably on the couch and unexpectedly fell asleep there.
It was around four in the morning wen they pulled up to the venue. The jostle from the sudden stop pulled Dani from her slumber, and she shook Brendon awake so she could be freed of the bunk.
After a quick moment in the bathroom, she headed to the front of the bus to get a look out the window. She paused momentarily to appreciate how adorable the couple looked together, before settled into one of the other chairs and staring out the window at her home.
They were parked around the back of Mesa Ampitheatre, an outdoor venue with a cramped and low stage. She was hoping to get some time to rehearse later, but at the moment she was eager to take a car to her place and switch out her wardrobe or something. Anything to feel the ease of being in her home again.
She had asked her mother to drive her car back to Tempe and leave it at her old place the week before. This was so they would have to use the tour transportation that much, and would have the freedom to give the boys a tour that day.
The plan was to show the band as much of Phoenix as possible before a quick linner with Dani's family and then to head off to rehearsal and the concert itself. Jon and Spence would be joining them later, but the girls were dragging their significant others to meet Dani's parents. Her mom was far too excited.
First thing was first though, she had to go get her car and wait for everyone to wake up. She changed quickly and headed off the bus, greeting the early morning roadies. She knew that the drivers weren't amiable until about 5:30, so she had less than an hour to kill which she gladly spent helping unload the trucks.
When she finally caught sight of one of the drivers, she excused herself and caught up with him. After explaining that no directions were needed, he lead her to the car and they were soon on their way.
The fifteen minute drive from the venue to her apartment on Priest and Southern was uneventful, Tempe didn't come alive until much later being a college town, but riding down the familiar roads was beyond comforting. Dani supposed she had been so caught up in the whirlwind of excitement that was touring that it never registered how much she missing being somewhere familiar and stable.
She directed the driver around the parking lot to find her silver Celica parked near her old apartment. It wasn't the ideal car for transporting multiple people, they'd probably have to hijack her sister's car as well, but nothing beat driving around with the top down. Not that that was in the cards for today, even though the weather was significantly better than it had been, it was way too cold to be driving with the cold air blowing in your face.
By the time she had gotten back to the venue, it was six-thirty and Nikol and Ryan had woken up. They were still on the couch, talking softly while Nikol surged the web. Her laptop was perched on her stomach while her head was pillowed in Ryan's lap, and he was absent-mindlessly running his hand through her hair.
Nik looked up at the sound of Dani climbing the stairs and fixed her with a glare.
“And why didn't you take me on your morning trek?” she questioned, a hint of annoyance in her voice.
“Um...because you looked so serene? It's not that often I see you that peaceful, I didn't want to ruin it.”
“Oh,” Nikol said and Ryan laughed.
Dani smiled, “So I take it he's still crashed.”
Ryan nodded, “I'm not a big fan of waking him either, so have at it.”
Dani rolled her eyes and walked back to her bunk where she woke Brendon up in a very creative manner, “C'mon B, it's tour of Phoenix day.”
After ten minutes they were piled into the small car and headed towards the IHOP next to campus. The girls had spent many hours cramming for finals over a plate of free pancakes and thought it only right that that be where they started the day. Besides, Dani's parents weren't planning on them arriving for at least another hour so they had some time to kill.
The boys were amused at the girl's excitement which only increased as they ran into old friends at the restaurant. Finally, after a big meal that Dani insisted on paying for, they were back in the car and headed north on the 51 to her house. Nikol spent the drive serving as their tour guide, pointing out places of interest and telling them some interesting stories.
Twenty minutes later, the boys were rolling in the backseat at some of the quirks they had learned about their girlfriends' earlier lives, and the car was pulling into the driveway of two story house. Danielle pushed the button on her garage door opener and the door peeled back to reveal a mass of suitcases and furniture.
“That right there is what you guys did to my apartment,” she said with false disdain.
“What? Made it smaller?” Brendon was quick to reply, and before Danielle could get out any sort of come back they were interrupted by woman suddenly appearing in the garage.
Danielle got out of the car, grinning widely and standing aside so Brendon could climb out, “Hi mom,” she said with playful undertone, “We brought some people for you to meet.”
Dani's mom lit up at the sight of the boys, “Well apparently you weren't lying. Those are all the boys from all your posters.”
Danielle went white at this comment as her friends began laughing manically, and Nikol ran into the garage to hug her surrogate mother, “Oh wow. I forgot how much I love you, Heather. You know how to embarrass that girl better than anyone of us ever will.”
“Well I've been practising for years,” she smiled back, “How bout you guys come inside and get something to drink?” she said, and ushered them into the house.
*
It was barely and hour later and they hadn't left the kitchen yet. It seemed Heather had been overly-prepared for their visit and had old baby albums ready for their viewing pleasure. Nikol had goaded Danielle when she had seen these, which Danielle had used as a cue to grab the yearbooks, knowing they'd embarrass Nikol as well.
The whole time Heather had been telling amusing stories that went along with the pictures, while never ceasing with her overwhelming hospitality. The counters were overflowing with snack foods and sodas. Knowing the stories too well, Danielle took the time provided to make observations. First off, her family had been incredibly busy since she had left. The kitchen had been remodeled, no doubt her father's work, ad the living room was sporting a new coat of paint. It was a beautiful change, but it made her feel a little bit out of place. She shook her head, trying to rid herself of the feeling, and instead focused on the rapport between Brendon and her mother.
Heather seemed to be getting along with both of the boys quite well. Their conversation flowed easily, and she was more than willing to answer their questions. This was the exact reason why Danielle cut in when Brendon asked about her high school love life. There were just some stories that she needed to tell herself.
“Alright,” she said quickly, “Who wants a tour of the house?”
Brendon started laughing maniacally, “I'll get it out of you one day you know”
Dani coughed, “Just because I know every sordid detail of your romantic past because of the press, doesn't mean you need to know mine.”
Nikol shrugged, “Hell, Bren. I'll fill you in.”
Brendon threw and arm over Nikol's shoulder, “I see why he likes you,” he said jokingly, and Danielle scoffed, moving to lead them out of the room.
The girls began the tour downstairs, pausing when the boys demanded to look at various pictures on the walls. Ryan had thought that the visit wouldn't turn into much for him, but was pleasantly surprised to see a lot of Nikol's history on the walls as well as Danielle's It was quite apparent that Dani's parents thought of Nik as a third child, and from the stories he had heard they seemed infinitely kinder than her own.
Finally the girl's led them upstairs, where Danielle found more renovations had been made on the landing. Dani sighed and led them briefly through her parents' room so they look over the photos in there. From there she led them to her sister's room where they were greeted with a surprise squawk as they open the door. Sarah was sitting behind her computer, mouth wide with shock.
Nikol couldn't tell who was more surprised, Danielle that her sister was actually home, or Sarah seeing who was standing in her doorway. It was obvious she was a fan, the new album was playing quietly in the background and an old 'Fever' poster was hanging on the over her computer.
Dani began to laugh uncontrollably and walked to the banister, leaning over it slightly.
“Nice, mom!” she yelled and she heard laughter in response.
“It was your father's idea,” came the reply
“Remind me to thank him later, that was amazing,” she finished and walked back to the group at the doorway.
“I love my dad so much,” she said before walking into the room and plopping down on the bed, “Guys this is my baby sister, Sarah. Sarah this is Ryan and Brendon.”
Sarah quickly composed herself, “And what exactly are they doing here?” her curiously not well masked.
“Do you read anything on the Internet?” Danielle responded.
“Are you serious? I thought they were making that up to feed the drama craved teenies. I was convinced someone was amazing photoshop or something.”
“Well it's true, I promise. Even the pictures.”
“But that doesn't explain,” she hesitated, unsure of how to address him, “Ryan...”
Danielle laughed, “Well that's kismet, that is. Nikol has finally found her one and only”
Ryan looked nervous at Danielle's admission, but was slightly reassured by the fact that Sarah didn't seem like the online gossiping type. Besides, Dani was liable to murder her if she said anything. That was generally how sibling relationships worked.
“Well anyway,” Nikol piped up, “We were gonna finish showing the boys around and then meet up with Spence and Jwalk for some shopping and such before dinner, wanna join?”
Sarah stood quickly and hugged her pseudo-sister, “Absolutely, and I'm so happy for you.”
“Thanks pipsqueak,” Nik said, hugging her back tightly.
“And you,” Sarah said, pulling away from Nikol and turning to Danielle, “Will you share.”
“Um...no.” Dani responded, pulling her sister close.
“I'm so happy for you,” Sarah whispered in her ear, “I've never seen you more in love.”
“You have no idea,” Dani whispered back.
*
Post A/n- Next up, more fun in Phoenix. I wanted to get this up so bad that I decided to write this a little shorter than usual and leave the good meaty parts for the next chapter. So yea, look for that soon, but until then: LONG LIVE TEAM EDWARD
Sign up to rate and review this story