Categories > Anime/Manga > Bleach > Hidden Love

Chapter two

by T-A-R21 0 reviews

Renji and Rukia alone in a cave ...need I say more.

Category: Bleach - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Abarai Renji - Published: 2006-03-01 - Updated: 2006-03-02 - 1866 words

0Unrated
CHAPTER TWO


She glanced at the surroundings and saw a small entrance in the mountains, she followed him into it. They slowly walked in the dark tunnel. She was just about to complain to him on how far they still had to go, when she noticed a dim light shining further ahead. They walked toward the light that got brighter and brighter the closer they got, blinding her for a few seconds when they had finally reached it. Once her eyes got used to the sudden change of lighting, she got a chance to admire where he had brought her. Although, she would always deny this even in the years to come, it was of a beauty she never thought she would see in her lifetime. It seemed as though a little piece of heaven had been trapped within this mountain. Beauty was an understatement of what her eyes where unveiling. The sun was shinning through an opening at the top of the mountain, letting in enough sunshine to allow vegetation to grow, but what caught her interest the most, was the water sneaking out of the rocks, creating a small waterfall that ended it's long and fluid journey into a little pond.



"So what do you think Rukia, impressed?"

"Hardly, I've seen nicer". However, the expression on her face easily gave the lie away.

"Oh yeah, it's true! You're from a great noble family you must have seen much nicer than this."

"I am not noble Renji", as the words slipped out, her head lowered, out of shame.


Renji saw the expression on her face change. He cursed himself, knowing fairly well he was the one responsible. He walked up behind her resting his large hands on her shoulders. Like a breeze, he whispered in her ear "Of course you are." She leaned her head to the side, trying to get a feel of the strong hand resting on her shoulder, making her feel safe, safer than she felt in the longest time.



"Renji?"

"What is it Rukia?"

"Will you miss me?"

"Why would I?" He said jokingly.



He really hadn't thought about that. If Ichigo was to succeed, Rukia would surely follow him back to his world. The thought of never being able to see her again made his heart skip a beat. He would miss her, damn would he miss her. He was sure of that, more than anything.


"I ...well...I'll miss you." said Rukia a little hesitantly.

"No you're not! You'll forget all about me before you know it." Renji replied gruffly.

"why..."

"What, it's true!"

"Ah... why do I bother, never mind."

She rushed away, looking back trying to get a reaction out of him. Only to find out that he was no longer behind her. She glanced forward, but she came face to face with his chest. He quickly put his arms around her to hold her, and at the same time prevent her from falling. Once their balance restored, he kneeled down and looked her in the eyes, as if searching into the deepest part of her soul. It made her slightly uncomfortable once she noticed the intrusion. She came to say his name, but he put his hand tenderly over her mouth, preventing her to so much as whisper.


"You know I'll miss you."


She smiled, wishing that he would hold her tight, and tell her everything was going to be fine, but she knew better. Even though, she would miss him as more than just a childhood friend, she doubted that he meant it in the same way. However, little that she knew, he did.

As he looked deep into her eyes, he wanted to hold her. Yet, he restrained himself, afraid that once she would be locked in his arms, he would not want to let her go, worse, perhaps she would decipher how he felt about her and push him away. "So..." he thought, "better to have this friendship, than nothing at all". It seemed that the thought of never being able to know whether her feelings for him matched his for her, was less painful than never being able to have these rare moments of closeness that true and old friendships provided. Once his mind settled the long argument it was having with his heart, winning the round with its logic, he realized she was near the pond looking peacefully at the water. He wondered exactly how long he had been lost in his thoughts, annoyed that he hadn't felt her leave. He stared at her for a few moments before joining her near the water.


"You should go in... you smell bad. Wouldn't do you any harm." said Renji nonchalantly but with a bit of a smirk.

"What!?!... I don't smell bad, you're simply smelling YOURSELF!" Rukia shot back, feeling visibly insulted.


He turned around laughing, and now, seeing that neither one was looking at the other; they both took a quick sniff at their clothes, only to find out, that they did have a somewhat dreadful aroma attached to them. Rukia saw Renji moving from the corner of her eye. She turned around wondering what was going on, but before her sight reached its destination, she heard a big splash. Looking at the ground, she could see his clothes just lying there, and then turned her attention to the little pond only to quickly look away.


"Baka, what the hell do you think you're doing?" said Rukia disbelieving the scene she was witnessing.

"What? I'm just washing." Renji replied with the most careless attitude he could muster up. Visibly, he was taking a delight in seeing her like this.

"You're naked!" not quite sure how to react to his blatant... nakedness.

"Of course I am...I don't wash with my clothes on... Why do you?"

"No, but I'm here." covering her eyes so he didn't see her blush.

"Oh damn you are here... just noticed... When and how did you get here?" with a perplexed and innocent expression framing his face.

"YOU BROUGHT ME!" now glaring with the intensity of a thousand suns.

"I did?...humph you're lying, you sneaked here just to see me wash didn't ya!!"

"And why would I want to do something like that? I've seen you naked once before and you're hardly impressive!" shattering his ego right there on the spot.

"We were TEN!"

"Well, it's not like you've changed much since then..." this Rukia-coated comment caused him a facial expression comparable to one made by a man when kicked in the groins.

"Oh you little...you little ..."

"Me little what? fukutaichou-dono" asked Rukia with a childish yet evil smile.


Acknowledging his defeat, he simply let himself sink to the bottom of the pond, evading further insults to his manhood.
Content with having got to his ego (which is not that hard, considering he can be so full of himself), Rukia quietly went and sat on a rock near his clothes facing in the opposite direction of the water. She could hear swimming around, part of her was curious and well...wanted to sneak a quick look, but she controlled herself, knowing she would get terribly embarrassed if he was to notice her peeking, so she ultimately decided against it. Suddenly she could hear a faint voice calling her name snapping her back to reality.


"What do you want?" She replied in a pissy tone.

"Could you hand me my clothes, there right there beside you."

"Do I look like your maid, if you want them come and get them."

"Oh come on Rukia... stop playing gimme my clothes."

"Nope" she calmly replied with an evil grin.

"Rukia, gimme my clothes...or I swear..."

"What? You swear what huh?... you're really not getting them from me now, moron."

"Fine... wait till I get you." With a threatening finger pointing at her.

He looked around, trying to find something to cover himself with, when he saw some huge leaves floating around on the water. He took a bundle of them and covered himself (well the important part of himself), and got out of the water.
Rukia upon hearing him come out promptly turned around only to see her long time friend standing there completely naked, except for two very intimate part of his body. She stared at him in complete disbelief for what seemed the longest time. Once she noticed, a blush spreading on his cheeks like wild fire because of the odd situation, well...she no longer could help it and burst out in laughter clutching her stomach. After her laughing subsided, she took his clothes and started heading in his direction, with an obvious wicked smile.
He looked at her very, very unsure of what was happening, and confused on why she had waited until he had gone out of the water to finally decide to bring forth his clothes to him. Then, when only a few feet away, she stopped dead in her tracks glanced at him, and one very wide, creepy mischievous smile came over her face, and it dawned on him.



"NO, Rukia, please don't even think about doing that to me."


"Ah, too late."

"DAMMIT"

Rukia started running away with his clothes, him desperately trying to catch up to her while clumsily maintaining his hold on the leaves covering his privates. After getting confident in the chase, she started to taunt him by stopping, letting him get considerably close to her and then start running away again.
Which only caused him to be more determined in catching up to her, and making her pay for the most embarrassing situation he had ever been in (well with her anyways). Now getting somewhat use to running while efficiently covering himself he almost doubled his speed, which she did not notice. She got quite surprised when he came face to face with her, when she abruptly turned around to taunt him once more. He tried to avoid her, but there was not enough distance between them to allow such manoeuvre, causing them to fall to the ground from the force of the impact, him on top of her.
In complete and utter shock, she looked at Renji, now resting on top of her. Initially she wanted to beat the crap outta him, but once she saw him, eyes firmly shut, teeth clenched expecting the beating of a lifetime not mentioning the reddest blush she had ever seen, she could not help it, she simply burst out laughing.
Renji's eyes flew open at the sound; he looked at her very unsure, believing this might be a little torturous game he had never heard of. Once he saw there was no sign of malice in neither her facial expression nor her tone of voice, he calmed down. The sight of her heartfelt laugh created a wave of heat throughout his body and a smirk sneaked up to his lips before changing into a thunderous laugh in return.
After a few minutes, the laughing diminished. Not because the situation had lost its moment of hilarity but because their muscles had started to ache, and only once, they had completely stopped laughing that their pain start to dissipate.
Sign up to rate and review this story