Categories > Anime/Manga > Inuyasha > Light of Love

Fated to Meet

by demon_kitty2008 0 reviews

Category: Inuyasha - Rating: R - Genres: Romance - Characters: Sesshoumaru - Published: 2008-08-04 - Updated: 2008-08-08 - 683 words

0Unrated
Disclaimer: I do not claim any characters that belong to the Inuyasha anime or manga, or any with similar names to other characters.



She stood there, looking up at the tall tree where they met, so many years ago. Many years ago, a love was born at first sight. A sudden spark was fanned into a flame of passion and desire. Right here, at this spot, under this tree, where he found her, on the brink of death. She remembered that day very clearly...

Hikari was a lovely inuyoukai maiden who lived on the border of the western lands. She had lived alone ever since her parents fell victim to a dragon that made his home on the nearby mountain. That was many years ago, and Hikari had become strong from fending for herself, and fighting for her life. She had slain many demons who threatened her, and monks who attempted to purify her. She lived alone in a small hut deep within a dark forest. Around her neck she wore a shining turquois jewel that had belonged to her mother, with her name inscribed on the back. The jewel contained immense power, matching that of the fabled shikon jewel. Yet this one chose who wore it. It was passed down throughout the family. It was the only thing that gave her comfort from her loneliness. She had never had a friend, and trusted no one. Everyone that ever came in contact with her had attempted to slay her. She learned never to get close to anyone.

On this particular day, she had decided to take a walk through the forest. The sun shone through the leaves, making the shadows dance in the wind. It was warm, and the cherry blossoms fell like rain. She breathed in the air, but something was off. She could smell the scent of demons, and blood on them. She drew her sword, the sword that belonged to her father, which was forged by Hosenki, and crafted from a shooting star. She was soon encircled by demons. They outnumbered her twelve to one. Yet she managed to slay them all, but not without a price. One of the demons had landed a fatal blow to her abdomen. She layed under a tall tree and reminised about her life. A single tear ran down her cheek as she fell into a deep sleep.

Sesshomaru walked through the woods, eager to return home. It was his turn to patrol the border of his father's lands. He often took the shortcut through the forest to get home quicker. Plus at this time of the year the blossoms were in full bloom. He loved the smell of them. He took in big whiffs, but instead of the sweet scent of pedals, he found the scent of blood and death. Curious to the change, he wandered in its direction. There he found twelve dead demons. He simply dismissed it as a meaningless battle. As he turned to leave, a strange feeling came over him. He turned back in the direction of a large tree. At the base was a girl, bleeding. He rushed over to her. He could see that she was still alive, but barely. He quickly picked her up. He noticed that she was absolutely stunning. She had three dark blue stripes down her cheaks, and her ears had perfect points. Her silver hair was long and drawn back into low pigtails. She slowly lifted her eyes open, he gazed into them, and she gazed back. The blue of her eyes seemed to rival that of the deepest sapphire. She whispered into his ear, "Please... heh...help... me" With that, she went unconcious again. Driven into a panic, Sesshomaru rushed back to the castle, where she could be taken care of by the castle healers. They didn't know if she would make it, but they promised the young prince they would do everything possible to try to save her. He stayed awake all night, praying that she would be okay. It was a side of him he had never experienced before.
Sign up to rate and review this story