Categories > TV > Doctor Who

My Enemy, My Ally

by Vic_Taylor 1 review

Set in an alternate universe where the Master does blow up the ships and kills himself and the Doctor.

Category: Doctor Who - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2008-08-06 - Updated: 2008-08-06 - 229 words - Complete

1Insightful
We’re walking into oblivion. Just you and me. The howls of lost souls cut through the air and a tide of voices crash down upon us. So many whispers, moving in and of focus. In and out of reality. In and out of the dark. The million worlds of a universe burning with strong, red fire and the crackle of a newly spurted flame.

The power in the single breath we take together as the sky tears itself apart and the ground echoes with regret. What have you done? And what have I let you do? As we walk into the end I wonder this. Best friends who became mortal enemies but now are so close.

We have fought through millennia. Through time and space. Along years and planets. We have battled each other and stood side by side. But you always knew where to stop. You always cared enough to let me go and I always let you escape.

When did you become like this? When did you go from world domination to world destruction? When did you look at me and hate me for what I am? What you want to be. When did you look at the world around you and scream with frustration? When, oh my master, did you go mad?

As we take the final walk together, I take your hand in mine.
Sign up to rate and review this story