Categories > Original > Drama

Simplicity

by EvilGoddess 0 reviews

A scene with no deeper meaning.

Category: Drama - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Published: 2008-08-10 - Updated: 2008-08-11 - 204 words - Complete

0Unrated
Just a short little piece. Not really "Drama", but it was the closest match in the categories available. Enjoy, and please review!

Simplicity

The sun shines bright and hot today. It is the hottest part of summer, and from five in the morning until nine at night the sun rules the skies. The day is clear, no clouds are in the sky, and everything is heated and illuminated by the sun's rays.

There is a tree. It is old, grown tall and thick and gnarled, its strong branches stretching out wide from the trunk. At this time of summer it boasts a thick plumage of bright green leaves, providing welcome shade underneath.

There are two people. They sit under the tree, side by side, hands clasped. They speak without words in a language of their own, with a tilt of the head, a raised eyebrow, a smile. One shifts to lean their head against the other's shoulder. The other wraps an arm around them to pull them closer. The two rest in silence, watching the sun shining through the leaves.

There is no deeper meaning to this scene. Sometimes it is just as simple as a tree, and the sunlight, and two people together.
Sign up to rate and review this story