Categories > Original > Romance > Anatomy

Chapter One

by Electriciaty 0 reviews

Paul Becker, choreographer to the Jonas Brothers, up and quits, a week before the new tour! Just when the boys think all hope is lost, Angelina Mallery comes into the picture, could she make this t...

Category: Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor - Published: 2008-08-11 - Updated: 2008-08-11 - 1034 words

0Unrated

Chapter One



"You work too much." Marcy stated, watching me pull on socks and sneakers by the door.



"How do you expect me to pay the bills for this place?" I motioned my arms to the house. It was a simple ranch home in a small suburban neighborhood. I had moved here from Pennsylvania about six months ago.



My mother always asked me why I came to New Jersey instead of just living at home and having my college fully paid for, my food bought for me, all my clothing put in my closet by my mother's personal shopper, everything on a silver platter. All of that was exactly why I needed to leave.



I couldn't stand the constant speeches when I would screw up.



"You had everything handed to you on a platter! The world was at your desire, and you go and...blah blah blah"



I was the same speech every time I got fired. Every time I messed up in school. Every time Idid anything that was not up to their aristocratic bar they had set for me.



"Whatever, just make sure you pick up milk on the way home." Marcy turned and walked into the kitchen.



I opened the door and started out, but poked my head through the door just as I was about to leave, "You could look for a job today, y'know!"



I quickly shut the door before I could make out the words she screamed back at me. Marcy never was one to work, she was a born homemaker. The house was always spotless and she prided herself in her fantastic cooking. If I was a guy, I'd be in hog heaven.



I pulled out Marcy's iPod from my jacket pocket when I reached the end of the driveway. Once I had settled on some random band I started jogging down the street.



I vaguely remembered the words from a previous jog to work and bobbed my head to the beat, rocking out on my way to work, gotta warm up, right?



As my speed picked up, I started warming up my jumps and flips. I cut through the park and started jumping over railing, flipping off ledges, and earning a lot of stares from the tourists.



Most of the locals recognized me by now. I worked almost everyday and this was pretty routine for me. I waved to the shop owners as I passed, sprinting by now.

I took a second to catch my breath once I reached the back of the studio. I had gotten a thorough chewing out by my boss when I had accidentally opened the front door, left it open, and let the paparazzi flood the lobby.



Whoops.



I draped the ear buds around my neck as I opened the door, where I was smacked in the face by the smell of rubber and sweat. Home sweet home.



I walked down the door lined hallway, trying to decipher who was in each room. I heard several feet stomping in one room as the new (and unreleased!) Pussy Cat Dolls song blared. I had already grown to like the girls; they were a lot of fun to work with. Janice was working with them on their new music video for the single.



I walked into the'mail room' and went to my section of the wall where all my assignments were piled. I plucked the first paper off the stack and skimmed through it. Christina Aguilera was going on tour and needed a new routine for some of her songs, easy work. I grabbed the cd case that came with the file and walked to my studio.



It was a basic dance studio, mirrors all over, hardwood floors, stereo system; the essentials, that's all I really needed. I kept water with me at all times when I was at the studio so it wasn't necessary for me to have my own fridge like some of the choreographers.



I sat on the floor and stretched while the CD played. Most of the songs I was familiar with, they were her hits, so naturally she needed a new routine for them. I let myself fall back on the floor and stretched my arms and legs in opposite directions. Iloved my job.



I started with'Ain't No Other Man'. I got a good feel for the song and kept the beat number in my head. After the third time of hearing it, I already had a few moves memorized. Christina was very vintage and classic. I had worked with her on past tours when I lived in Pennsylvania, so naturally she wanted to keep working with me. I focused on keeping the trashiness out and going with some classic hip shaking and foot stomping.



I blasted through'Candy Man' and 'Genie in a Bottle' after I was done with 'Ain't No Other Man'. I decided to take a small break and sat down against the cool wall. My hair was up in a high ponytail and my bangs were pinned back to keep the sweat off. Igrabbed a towel and started whipping off the floor, my sweat was in small beads all over and I didn't want to risk getting hurt.



The last song on the CD was 'Dirty'. I had kept this one for last purposely because I absolutely adored this song. It was my favorite get down 'n dirty anthem.



Keep it classy Angelina. I mentally scolded myself. She was a mom after all.



I tried out a few dance moves, thinking old school Britney Spears, popping my knees apart to the side, and testing out some moves with my hands. I sighed after the fifth time through the song. It was going to be hard. I decided to let my head rest and practiced some of my flips: One handed cartwheel, back flip, standing back tuck, front flip, aerials, etc.



I didn't notice that the music had stopped, or that I was going at an angle with my flips, or that my studio door had opened and there were three guys and some old guy standing there, watching me in a daze.



Of course, I did notice this when I crashed into one of them.

Sign up to rate and review this story