Categories > Anime/Manga > Inuyasha > When He Was Mine

When He Was Mine

by inumag

Kagome meets InuYasha, her beautiful sister- Kikyo's, boyfriend but sparks fly between InuYasha and Kagome and they steal each other's hearts. Before long, they realize they aren't able to hide wha...

Category: Inuyasha - Rating: NC-17 - Genres: Drama, Erotica, Romance - Characters: Inuyasha, Kagome, Kikyo, Koga, Miroku, Naraku, Sango, Shippo - Warnings: [?] [X] - Published: 2006-03-04 - Updated: 2006-03-04 - 1603 words

?Blocked
When He Was Mine
By:
Maggz
Disclaimer: InuYasha and Co. © Rumiko Takahashi
Summary: Kagome meets InuYasha, her beautiful sister- Kikyo's, boyfriend but sparks fly between InuYasha and Kagome and they steal each other's hearts. Before long, they realize they aren't able to hide what they feel for each other and decide to be together no matter what.
Note: I discovered FicWad a couple of weeks ago and I decided to post my stories here too, and what a better way to start than with When He Was Mine. You probably have read this story before, I first posted it a couple of years ago in FF.net, MM.org and AFF.net but right now I'm going through a huge process of editing. There are a few things I'd like to change, not too big but what can I say, I tend to be a little perfectionist sometimes. Yet, I must warn you, my post will be a little slow, please bear with me, I'm a quite busy woman lately but I'll try my best to do it as soon as possible. Well, if you haven't read this story I hope you enjoy it. Please don't forget to leave a comment. Huggles. Maggz.

Chapter 1

It was two years ago. I was in America on a scholarship to study abroad. I had found it exciting and different, never expecting to like it as much as I did even though I had been the main one to push going. I'd left with a big party behind me; my family smiling as I boarded the plane that would take me to the States, nervous but excited as well.

I did well in America, made friends, had fun, partied like I had never been allowed to at home and had my first serious boyfriend. All in all it was a growing up experience and it was grand. I found I wasn't just the little girl my family that always treated me like. I was becoming a woman- even if I was acting like a crazy teen.

When it was time to go back home I didn't really want to. I didn't want to leave my boyfriend of four months, Hojo, and didn't want to go back to the restrictions that had been placed on me by a strict family with two "perfect" daughters. My sister, who was older than me by two years, is named Kikyo. She's the pretty one in the family; I'm the one with the brains. At least that's what we've been told all our lives. It makes for just a bit of competition between us or for lack of self confidence in the areas that our parents perceived as our weaknesses.

Kikyo and I were close growing up but years of teenaged battles separated us slightly. Only when I found that I was ready to go to America did we start to try again as sisters and I felt good about seeing her again as I walked from my plane onto Japanese soil once more.

I knew that she would be picking me up so I looked around for her as I walked into the lounging area. My eyes found her before she found me and I grinned. Pretty Kikyo: dressed in jeans and an army green sweater, long dark hair floating down her back. Even "dressed down" she was dressed up! I cleared my throat and walked over to her, watching as she turned my way.

"Kagome!?", she squealed as she hugged me and then pulled me back quickly.

"What? What is it?", I said as I watched her critical eye move over me. I was dressed much the same as she, in khaki combat trousers and a navy blue turtle neck, my bag slung over my shoulder.

"What are you looking at me like that for?", I said as her eyes narrowed and studied me up and down.

"You look different!", she said. "Turn around", she commanded and with a loud sigh I resigned myself to turn around for her. I was sure she was going to find something wrong with me, either my hair or my outfit- something. She always did. Holding my arms out, I turned around and then back to her, sticking my tongue out playfully. She was so annoying at times, appearance being everything to her but I had grown up with her. I knew it and was used to and endured it all.

"Kagome.", she grinned slyly.

"WHAT?", I asked her, finally exasperated with her.

"You look very nice. You've got the requisite tan. Your hair, it's pretty, you cut it. I like it.", she was saying as she walked around and around me, her finger against her lips.

"Jeez, Kikyo. I feel like a mannequin on display. Cut it out!", I said and slung my bag up higher on my shoulder.

"Have you been working out, too?", she asked as she came to stand directly back in front of me.

"Yes, Kikyo. It's called passing time at school, ever heard of it?", I said and then I had to laugh. "C'mon Kikyo. All I wanna do is go HOME. It was a long flight. I wanna sleep in my own bed and eat at our table. Simple things.", I said.

"I'm sorry, Kagome. How thoughtless of me. Of course, let's go and claim your baggage then we're off!", she sang and took my arm, hooking hers through it. We walked to the baggage claim and picked up my bags stuffed full of my clothes and my memories and out to her car.

"Nice.", I said appreciatively as I looked at the sleek red sports car in front of me.

"You like? I bought it after my first major modeling assignment.", she smiled and I nodded and waited for her to unlock it so we could sling my bags in. She continued to babble on about her modeling and the Wild Silver video she had been in. I gave her not a lot of notice, just the appropriate "yes's" and "uh-huhs" that would let her know I was paying attention to her. It really made no difference to her if I was listening at all, I don't think. My sister loved to talk about herself.

"Wild Silver video, huh?", I said and yawned.

"Yes, it was great!", she sang as we sank into the plush seats of her new car and spun out of the parking area. If I had paid any attention to her at all, I would have noticed her look of glee as she mentioned the popular rock band in our country. As it was, my thoughts had already started to drift. Drift to Hojo and I felt a pang of sadness in the pit of my stomach. I was really going to miss him. We'd grown close in the four months we'd been a couple.

"Kagome!", rang into my daydream and a thump on my shoulder as well.

"Sorry, you were saying?", I smiled at her.

"I was telling you something important!", she frowned and I smiled back at her.

"Sorry, sis. I'm just so very tired. What was it?", I asked.

"Oh, nothing. Just forget it!", she said and looked back at the road. I noticed at once that we were NOT anywhere near our home and sat up in the seat straighter.

"Where are we going, Kikyo?", I asked lowly.

"Nowhere special. I just have someone I need to see and that I want you to meet!", she giggled.

"Shit!", I said under my breath and sank down on my tailbone, my hand covering my eyes.

"You won't regret it, baby sister. Just wait and see!", she smiled and kept driving, oblivious as ever to my discomfort.

We pulled up outside a small restaurant and she reached over and pinched my cheek. "Stop that shit!", I frowned and climbed out of the car. I felt tired and hungry and only wanted a bath, some food and my bed. At least one of my needs would be met here: food!

I followed her into the place, one I knew well and we went to the back of it, to where the room was less crowded, though it was not so crowded at this time of day even now. From my place behind her I could tell she must be approaching whomever she had wanted to see, for her walk slowed and her hips swayed seductively from side to side.

"Oh good god!", I said under my breath and rolled my eyes. Some things never changed. I should have known it was a man she was wanting to see and me to meet. I resigned myself to a long lunch and slowed my pace behind her.

We came to a booth against a wall and I heard her sweet purr of a voice as it poured out of her to whoever was sitting down. I saw him stand but couldn't make him out. The silver hair visible and then his arms were around Kikyo, pulling her close and his face became very visible to me then. I stepped back a little, used to her antics with men but not always comfortable at being the one she liked to put a show on for.

She stepped back a bit, holding his hand and turning to me.

"InuYasha, this is my little sister. She just came home to Japan after a visit to the States.", she said and smiled at me. If she had wanted to shock me, she had done it, for in front of me was InuYasha Hara of Wild Silver fame.
Sign up to rate and review this story