Categories > Anime/Manga > Vampire Knight > A Light in the Dark

A Light in the Dark

by moor 0 reviews

Kaname x Yuuki. Yuuki is lured to the private box in the theatre while she is monitoring the halls as Prefect for their school's cultural outing. Kaname waits for his chance, and makes sure Yuuki...

Category: Vampire Knight - Rating: R - Genres: Romance - Warnings: [X] - Published: 2008-09-01 - Updated: 2008-09-02 - 822 words - Complete

1Exciting
Rating: 14+
Words: approx. 2000

A/N: “Vampire Knight” belongs to Hino Matsuri and all related rights-holders.

This is a thank-you fic for someone I know. This fic doesn’t fall in any particular time or space within canon, it’s a simple ‘PWP’. (This way you don't need to worry about spoilers.)

Enjoy!




Part One.

The theatre was small and intimate, its lush carpet muffling the sounds of the students who filled its seats and hallways.

“I’m so excited,” whispered one girl as she passed through one of the ornate archways.

“I know, we hardly ever have activities with the Night Class!”

Following on the tails of a very successful ball held jointly between the Day and Night Classes, the benevolent headmaster had arranged for the entire school to spend an evening enjoying a play at an opera & theatre house in the nearby town. The Day Class students had spent the entire day preparing for it – to the point where their teachers had decided to simply cancel the rest of their classes by lunchtime, as half were absent and the other half were too distracted to pay their lowly grade-markers any attention.

The Night Class had prepared, also, but some complained about having to share the floor seats instead of sitting in their private boxes.

“It’s good to interact with the Day Class,” Ichijou consoled Ruca sympathetically. “It’s a great gesture of goodwill between us and the humans.”

“Hmph,” she turned her nose away, feeling the stares of several of the human males on her again. Her skin felt like it wanted to crawl off her.

“Aido, please contain yourself,” sighed Kain a few rows away, hands in the pockets of his dark, fitted trousers. He pulled one elegant, long-fingered hand out and glanced at his ticket again. “Where are we sitting?...”

The lady-killer ignored his friend’s words and continued winking and blowing kisses at his admirers. “Yes, I remember all of you! Hello, ladies!”

Of course, this outing and the inter-mingling of classes required supervision.

Headmaster Cross had sat down with Yuuki and Zero earlier that afternoon and gone through the layout of the theatre to familiarize them with it and give them as much help as he could.

“These are the emergency exits,” he pointed, “these are the snack bars, here are the washrooms, here are the lobbies and waiting areas…”

“What about the private booths and boxes?” asked Zero, pointing to the rounded areas that jutted out from the walls, higher in the auditorium. “Aren’t the Night Class students using those?”

“No, everyone is to sit together like a normal school!” exclaimed their benefactor proudly, arms clasped tightly in front of him. “It will be a beautiful sight, student beside student, not separated by barrier or time, together to enjoy a cultural--.”

“It was cheaper to get ground seats, wasn’t it?”

“It makes it easier for you to supervise!”

Zero glared at the plans.

Yuuki spoke up for the first time. “What time do we head out and return, Headmaster?”

“Say, ‘Papa’.”

Eyebrow twitching, Yuuki sighed. “What time do we leave and return, ‘Papa’?”

“Ah! My lovely daughter, you make me so proud!”

“Headmaster Cross…”

“Of course, Zero. You leave at 6:30 PM, just after supper, and should be back in the dorms by about midnight. There is transportation arranged. You will be the only party there tonight.”

For these small favours, we are thankful, Zero wanted to say, but held his peace.

“Are there any restrictions, rules, or duties we otherwise need to know about?” asked Yuuki, memorizing the entry and exit points to the theatre.

“…There are no weapons allowed.”

The teenagers straightened up in shock. Each glanced at the other in alarm, wondering if their guardian was serious.

“I’m afraid it’s true,” sighed the headmaster, his shoulders slumping as he read the expressions on their faces. “It isn’t a ‘goodwill gesture’ of my own devising – the theatre’s own company set this rule. We must abide by it.”

“Can we take ours with us on the ride in?”

The headmaster hesitated. “Yes… but do not bring anything with you inside the building. There are wards within it that … well, let’s not cross that bridge.”

Yuuki glanced through the window that let in the late afternoon sun. “We need to go get ready,” she said. Already she knew she’d be skipping her supper in order to make sure she had time to herd the other students along. “Thank you, Papa. We’ll do our best!”

“Yuuki-darling, you make me so proud to be your--.”

“Bye!”

With a flutter of her school uniform’s skirt, she was already out the door.

Zero glared at the plans once more before turning to leave.

“Zero, a moment?” asked the man sitting behind his heavy oak desk.

Shutting the door, Zero calmly went to sit down with the headmaster in private.



TBC
Sign up to rate and review this story