Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Torn

Torn

by Nooka 1 review

Remus catches his girlfriend with another guy. He's brokenhearted, can Sirius help him get over her without giving into his own feelings. RemusSirius SLASH. Also rated for language. Please R&R.

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama, Romance - Characters: Lupin, Sirius - Published: 2006-03-06 - Updated: 2006-03-06 - 1395 words

-1OOC
Hi all and welcome to my second Remus/Sirius fic (what can I say, I think they make a cute couple!) This one is going to be longer than the other one.

Disclaimer: I don't own them and the title is from the Natalie Imbruglia's album Torn.

Thoughts

Scene/time changes.

__________________________________________


Remus looked at his watch and closed the book he had been reading. He stretched his arms behind his head, he brown hair highlighted by the lazy rays of the setting sun. He picked up his bag and headed out the door, bidding Madam Pince goodnight on the way out.

Remus tucked his hands into his pockets as he walked happily along the corridor. Life was going well for him. He had three great friends who didn't care about his 'condition' and a beautiful, smart girlfriend, Rebecca, from Ravenclaw. He turned into one of the various shortcuts to Gryffindor Tower, cutting out two staircases and coming almost straight to the fat lady. He turned a corner and stopped in his tracks, his smile fell from his face.

In front of him were two people up against the wall practically glued to each other's faces. He hid back behind the corner, unwilling to believe what he had just seen but afraid to look back and have it confirmed. The couple broke apart, gasping for breath.

"Bex, when're you gonna tell him?" murmured the Ravenclaw into Rebecca's blonde hair.

"Soon, babes. Don't worry, I'll be all yours soon."

Remus winced as they started kissing again, laughed and walked off. He slid down the stone wall and buried his head in his hands. Why? What did I do wrong? He thought in despair. She didn't even let on...or was I too blind to notice? he blinked back his tears and got up.

Remus muttered the password to a very concerned looking fat lady and hurried across the common room to his bed, not even turning round when Sirius called out his name.


Sirius, who had been doing his muggle studies homework, looked up as a very tearful looking Remus entered the room and rushed across to the dormitories.

"Moony, wait!" called Sirius. He frowned as Remus just walked on by without even looking at him. Something's really got to him. Sirius packed away his stuff and followed his distressed friend to the fifth year dormitories.

He entered to find Remus' curtains drawn. Soft sobs escaped from the red velvet drapes. Sirius approached quietly, so as not to startle the lycanthrope. He pulled back the curtains and sat down next to Remus, placing a comforting hand on his back.

"What happened Moony?" he whispered gently.

Remus sniffed and wiped his eyes on his sleeve. He sat up and looked at Sirius with sad red rimmed eyes. "Rebecca." his eyes filled up again.

Sirius narrowed his eyes. He had suspected for some time that Rebecca was two timing. "What's she done?"

Remus leaned against the headboard and wrapped his arms around his legs. "I ran into her kissing Darren Web from her house." He swallowed. "They were laughing about it, like it was some kind of joke."

Sirius sighed and sat down next to Remus. "Well I can't say I'm surprised. I suspected that she was up to something but I didn't have any proof."

Remus stared straight ahead, silent tears running down his face. Sirius pulled him into a hug. Remus buried his head in Sirius' shoulder, his tears soaking Sirius' shirt. Sirius rested his head on top of Remus' and let him cry.

Eventually, Remus' sobs subsided and his breathing became more even. Sirius gently laid him down and covered him with the duvet. He tucked a lock of brown hair behind Remus' ear, trailing a finger down his face. He sighed and sat down crossed legged on the floor, watching Remus sleep. Who am I kidding, he'll never be mine. Sirius closed his eyes sadly. That bitch didn't deserve him. He glared around the room. She never appreciated him, just led him along. She knew he'd do anything for her. His eyes settled on Remus' face. I'd never treat him like that.

Sirius was broken from his musings by James stumbling into the room. "Hey Padfoot what's..."

"Shhh!" Sirius glared at him and nodded at Remus.

James looked at Remus' sleeping for then back at Sirius, worry etched onto his face. "What happened Padfoot?" he whispered.

Sirius went and sat on James' bed. "That bitch Rebecca was snogging Darren Web and Moony saw them."

James scowled. "It seems your theory was right after all."

Sirius nodded and shot Remus another concerned look. "Reckon I should have told him?"

James shook his head. "You didn't have any proof Padfoot. It would only have made him fall out with you. You know how much he loves her."

Sirius nodded sadly. James patted his shoulder. "He'll be right, Padfoot."

They turned in for the night but Sirius was having trouble sleeping. He was worried about Remus and James' snores didn't help him either. Sirius sighed and turned to face Remus, who was fast asleep. Sirius smiled, he looked so cute when he was asleep. All his worries were absent from his handsome face and his hair fell lazily into his closed eyes. Sirius drank him in. If only you'd grant me the right to hold you so tight and feel the nearness of you. with this last thought, Sirius drifted off to sleep.

The next morning Sirius, with the aid of James and Peter, managed to persuade Remus to come down for breakfast. That didn't stop him from arguing on the way down that he really wasn't hungry and would've preferred to stay in bed where it was, also, warm. Sirius tutted and put some sausage and egg on his plate.

"You can't stop eating, Remus." said Sirius as Remus pushed his food around his plate with his fork. "Do you want me to feed you?"

Remus glared at Sirius and stuffed some sausage in his mouth, knowing full well that Sirius would carry out his threat.

James coughed. "Bitch at twelve o'clock."

Remus was about to reply when Rebecca threw her arms around him. He stiffened. "Morning sweetie!" Remus shrugged her off. She frowned. "What's wrong honey?"

He stood up and glared at her, the whole hall fell silent and watched in fascination. It wasn't every day that Remus Lupin last his temper. "Care to tell me why you were kissing Darren Web in the corridor last night." he asked coldly.

Rebecca turned red as the attention of the whole school focused on her. "Remus, I...I don't know..."

"Oh don't Rebecca, just don't. Isn't it enough for you to go kissing other guys behind my back without lying about it?" he yelled.

Remus grabbed his bag from under the table and stormed out of the hall. Sirius and James glared at her before hurrying out after him. They found him lying on his bed glaring holes into the ceiling, angry tears running down his face. Sirius and James sat on the end of the bed.

"I should've stayed in bed." he whispered.

Sirius shook his head. "You had to face her sooner or later."

"Sooner is better than later, Moony." James pointed out.

Lily skidded into the room. "I gave her a piece of my mind, and my hand" she crossed the room and hugged Remus. "She's officially the school's number one enemy."

Remus sniffed. "I don't think I'll be goin to classes today."

Lily hugged him tightly before giving him her handkerchief. "I think that the professors will let you off for today."

Sirius nodded. "I'll stay with you. Prongs and Lils can bring us the homework."

Remus dried his eyes. "Thanks guys."

James smiled. "That's what we're here for."

Lily and James left for lessons with the assurance that they'd be back at dinner with food and work for them. Remus couldn't hold back the flood of tears and more. If this is what it's like to be heartbroken I don't' think I'll take the risk again. Sirius wrapped his arms around the brown haired, amber eyed boy. Remus sobbed into Sirius' chest. She's going to pay for this. thought Sirius solemnly.


________________________________________

Sorry it's a little short. The other chapters will be longer.

I hope you enjoyed this first chapter. Please review it!

Nooka
Sign up to rate and review this story