Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance

Untitled

by princessofthedark 3 reviews

I dont usually write stories like this, but I thought I would do a once off story using MCR as characters

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2008-09-02 - Updated: 2008-09-17 - 2281 words

1Ambiance
It felt as thought I was reliving the same events as 5 years ago. I got a call at work telling me that Kate has been rushed into hospital in a critical but stable condition. The colour drained from my face and my supervisor let me leave without asking any questions. He had seen this look before and was not going to hold me up.
I sped down the roads, praying under my breath that everything would be ok. I don’t think I could handle going through all the pain again. I finally reached the emergency entrance of the hospital. I ran to the nurses station.
‘Hi, I received a call saying that my sister Kate has been rushed here. Can I see her?’
‘Ok hang on, what was the last name?’
‘Langer’
‘Langer… Langer… uh Kate Langer?’ I nodded ‘She is in surgery at the moment, so I’m afraid you cant see her,’
‘Oh shit. What for? What happened?’
‘Just a minute and I will go get the doctor. Have a seat dear while you wait’.
I rolled my eyes as I turned away from the nurses station. Why couldn’t she just tell me what was going on? And why do they think that if I sit down it will make me feel any better about what is going on. And why do they call me dear? I passed the waiting room floors waiting for the nurse to come back. Another nurse arrived at the counter and asked me to take a seat once again, because my pacing was making other people nervous. I couldn’t give a fuck if my pacing was making everyone else nervous, my sister was being operated on and I had no understanding as to why.
Eventually a doctor came out from behind closed doors and asked for me. He was dressed in the usual green operating garb. He asked me to follow him into a little office. ‘Oh fuck’ I said to myself. This exactly what happened the last time I was here. The same office, were the terrifying news was delivered.
‘Please take a seat Miss Langer’.
‘Please call me Missy. Can you please tell me what is going on?’ I took my seat as he requested.
‘Well your sister was hit by a car’.
‘Oh shit.’
‘She didn’t sustain any life threatening injuries, but there some internal bleeding, hence the surgery. She does however have a broken leg and arm. We will be keeping her here at the hospital for at least a week for observation, and her leg and arm will be in a cast, otherwise we do expect a full recovery.’
‘Oh thank god. Oh thank you thank you.’ I started to cry in front of the doctor as I continued to praise him with thanks. He moved over to me and placed a comforting arm around my shoulder. ‘I’m sorry I don’t mean to cry but I felt like I was suffering from a bad case of déjà vu. With the phone call, and you taking me into this room, I thought you were going to tell me that I would need to identify a body,’
‘Why would you assume something like that?’
‘Because that is what happened 5 years ago.’
‘What happened 5 years ago?’
I didn’t get a chance to respond as there was a knock at the door and a police officer entered the room.
‘Hello Missy, my name is Detective Gavin, do you mind if I have a word with you?’
‘Not at all.’
The doctor excused himself and Detective Gavin sat opposite me.
‘Ok Missy, I’m sure that you would like to be brought up to speed to what is going on. Thankfully this incident isn’t as serious as the last time we met.’
‘What do you mean the last time we met?’
‘I was only a junior at the time, but I was there when you parents passed away.’
‘And you remember me?’
‘I couldn’t forget you. I cant erase that day from my mind. I have always felt sorry for you.’
‘It’s not your fault Detective, these things happen.’
‘But still Missy, to lose both your parents, I just don’t know how you have dealt with it all.’
‘It’s not easy, but I need to be strong. I got my two sisters to be strong for. But please about Kate.’
‘Sorry, as you would know Kate was struck down by a car as she was crossing the road near her school. However the vehicle that hit her was actually swerving out of the way of another vehicle that was reversing out of a driveway and neglected to look out for any oncoming traffic. The driver of the vehicle that hit Kate, quickly moved the car away from the reversing one and hit Kate as he didn’t see her on the road. We do have the driver of both the vehicles as the reversing vehicle ending up slamming into the car that hit Kate.’
‘Are the drivers of the cars ok.’
‘Yes they are fine. The one that hit Kate is a quite shaking up about the whole incident and the doctors are just treating him for shock at the moment.’
‘Are charges going to be laid?’
‘We aren’t charging the driver that hit Kate.’
‘Why not?’
‘Well firstly, Kate did not cross the road at an allocated crossing. The driver that struck her was doing the legal limit, even less to be honest. We are however charging the driver of the other vehicle, so you will not have to worry about Kate’s medical expenses as they will all be taken care of. Is there anything else you would like to know?’
‘Yes, can I please go see my sister?’

Detective Gavin took me to Kate’s private room. She looked tiner than usual in the hospital bed. She was sleeping as I entered the room. I sat down beside her and held her hand.
‘Oh thank you god your ok little one. You had me so worried. I don’t know what I would do if I lost you.’ Tears began streaming down my ace as I looked at the little angel sleeping.
There was a knock at the door and my other younger sister Jess entered the room. She dropped her school bag on the floor and ran over to me suffocating me with a hug.
‘I was so scared Missy.’
‘I know so was I.’
‘I thought it was happening all over again. When the principal told me Kate was in hospital, I fainted. That’s why I took to so long to get here’
‘Oh sweetie are you okay?’
‘Yeah I’m fine now, knowing that Katie is ok.’
We sat by Katie’s side for about an hour until she finally woke up.
‘Missy, I’m so sorry.’
‘Don’t be sill little one. You have nothing to be sorry about. You’re ok. That’s the main thing.’
I leaned over and gave her a hug. Jess followed and we shared a family moment together. Our embrace was cut short by a knock at the door and a nurse entering the room. ‘Miss Langer, can I please have a word?’
I let go of my two siblings and walked towards the nurse. She pulled me aside and spoke in a soft whisper. ‘I’m sorry to interrupt Miss Langer, but the gentlemen who hit Kate was hoping to come and see her. I told him that I would need to ask for your permission first.’
I closed my eyes and thought about it. When I opened them, the nurse was staring at me waiting for a response. I told her that it would be fine and took my place back beside the bed.
‘What did the nurse want?’ asked Jess
‘She wanted to know if the gentleman involved in the accident could come and see Kate.’
‘Are you letting him?’
‘Yes I am. He is in just as much shock as we are and he needs to see her.’
Again there was a knock at the door. ’Come in.’
The door opened and a gentleman appeared with dark hair and pale face. He was dressed all in black and holding onto a teddy bear. ’Um, hi, I’m Gerard.’ He spoke with an American accent. ’I am so sorry for what happened today’.
‘Oh my god! Are you serious?’ Exclaimed Jess.
‘Jess! Calm down. Sit down and behave yourself.’ I said as I pulled her back down to her seat.
Jess looked over to me and said ’I’m sorry Missy, but that’s Gerard, the lead singer of My Chemical Romance.’
‘Yes, I am, it’s a pleasure to met you Jess, although I do wish it was under better circumstances.’ He moved forward and shook Jess’ hand which she some how managed to changed into a hug.
‘I can’t believe that you are the person who hit my sister. Wait till I tell my friends about this.’
‘Jess! That is a terrible thing to say!’
‘Sorry Missy.’
An uncomfortable silence filled the room. Gerard finally spoke up. ’Um, as I was saying I am so sorry for what happened today. I can’t stop feeling so guilty about it all. I know it isn’t much but I bought a teddy bear for Kate.’
He walked over to the other side of Kate’s bed and handed her the teddy. She accepted it and immediately pulled it in for a cuddle. ’I just wanted to make sure that the little girl was ok.’
‘She is doing just fine, well except for the broken bones, but that means she misses out on some school, which I am sure she is happy about.’
A small smile grew on his face. ’Yeah I guess any kid would love to miss out on school, I just wish I wasn’t the one that caused it.’
All of a sudden he broke down crying. It was so strange to see a grown man cry. I got up from my seat and put my arm around him. ’Hey, don’t cry. It’s all good. Katie is going to be fine. She is such a trooper, everything will be fine. Don’t beat yourself up about this. It’s not your fault, it’s the other guys fault. You did what any other human being would of done.’
He looked into my eyes and whispered a thank you.
‘Hey, Gerard.’ Jess had spoken up again. ’Would it be to much to ask if you would sign my school book for me?’
‘Oh Gerard, could you sign my cast? You would be the first person to sign my cast!’
He let out a little laugh, took out a pen and signed Katie’s cast followed by Jess’ maths book.
‘ I would really like to make it up to you guys, and seeing as Jess seems like she is a fan of my band, I would like to offer you tickets to our show next week. Backstage tickets, so you can all meet the band. That is if its ok with your mum of course.’ He said looking over in my direction.
‘Oh god no, these aren’t my kids. These are my sisters.’
‘Well, if your parents let you I would love for you guys to come to the show.’
‘Um, well I’m kind of the girls parent as our parents passed away in a car accident five years ago.’
All the colour seemed to drain from his face. ’It’s ok don’t feel bad or apologise for it. You didn’t know.’
‘Please Missy, can we go to the show? Please, please, please.’ Jess was practically on her knees.
‘Well I’ve never been to a concert before, let alone backstage, what does little one want to do?’
‘I want to go! I want to rock out!’
‘That’s the spirit! But I’m not sure how much you can rock out with a broken leg.’, commented Jess.
‘I will work something out, I always do’ snickered Katie.
‘Well then its settled. You will all be coming to the show next week. I look forward to seeing you girls then.’ He hugged Jess and Kate. He apologised once again to Kate then turned to exit the room. I followed after him.
‘You don’t have to do this you know.’ I said to him as he exited the door
‘I want to. It will make me feel better inside. Besides it will be great experience for you and your sisters. I’m a bit shocked though that you haven’t been to a concert before.’
‘Well my parents never let me go out while I was studying, and when I just graduated from school, they died, and I became sole guardian of the girls. So I really never had a chance to go out an experience anything like that I guess.’
‘Well I promise to make it a wonderful experience for you. Here’s my cell, I mean mobile number, that what you guys call it yeah? Can I get your’s as well so I can call you to arrange the tickets and stuff?’
I recited my number to him. He again apologised before heading off down the hall.
I walked back into Kate’s room only to find Jess snuggled up in bed with Kate talking about how cute Gerard was in real life.
I sat back down in my chair with a smile on my face thinking exactly the same thing.
Sign up to rate and review this story