Categories > Original > Fantasy > Bloody Secret

The Hate Within

by Lurking_shadow 0 reviews

Category: Fantasy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Fantasy - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2008-09-06 - Updated: 2008-09-06 - 1171 words

0Unrated
Chapter 18- The Hate Within

A woman sighs while I doge another of Steven’s attempts to grab me. Finally a man steps in and grabs Steven. Everyone in the club is now silent watching us. Steven is scowling but not trying to attack me any more.
“Sorry about Steven he’s not the most polite, I’m Sandra” a woman says offering her hand.
“I’m Annabelle” I say shaking her hand
Most of the vampires around us have returned to what they were doing except one. He is staring wide-eyed at me. It then dawns on me, I know him. I groan it is Jason my ex. He sees that I recognise him and walks over to us with a smug expression.
“Hey” he says coming uncomfortably close.
His arm snakes around my waist crushing me against him. He is holding me so tight it is hurting me but I think that is the point. I push him away from me and snarl.
“Why are you so angry baby?” he asks through clenched teeth.
I turn back to the group of confused vampires.
“Sorry to interrupt your evening, it was nice meeting you” I say to the group.
Raven and Drake are at my side followed by Lucile as I storm out of the club. Jason follows us. I walk along the street then down a quiet and empty service road. Raven, Drake and Lucile are still with me. Once Jason walks onto the service road after us I turn on him. He still has that stupid smug expression. I snarl and leap at his neck. He growls in response and throws me to the ground once I make contact with him. The road is slightly cracked from where I hit it when I fell. I pick myself up and face him. Raven, Drake and Lucile have moved to my sides protectively. Jason was one who used to be my boyfriend but that was when I was human. He started out being kind and caring but after awhile he said he had grown bored of that. I was then just a free meal for him but instead of ending my life he kept me and fed from me constantly. He would also hit me and I was close to death for what seemed to be eternity. Drake was the one who saved me from him when he accidentally found me one day.

~Flashback~

Jason comes in grinning as I hang limply from the wall by my chains. He comes over and strokes my cheek. I weakly move my head out of his palm. He just keeps on grinning then leans in closer. My hair is ripped back by him to expose my neck. I sob quietly from the pain. His fangs tear through my fragile neck and blood pours into his mouth. Just as I begin to loose consciousness he pulls away from me.
“You taste divine” He says in my ear before turning and walking away.
My vision is blurring and the room spinning from my blood loss. The last thing I hear before darkness engulfs me is Jason chuckling to himself before slamming the door shut.

The room is still dark and my head still pounding. My arms ach from being chained to the wall for so long. I groan but I fall silent as the door slowly creaks open. My breath is caught in my throat as I silently pray Jason isn’t back already. A head peers around the door and I recognise him vaguely from the first night I was dragged into this world of vampires and other creatures. He gasps as he sees my battered and bruised body. Swiftly Drake moves across the room to me.
“What happened?” He asks horrified
“Jason” I croak barely audible
A menacing growl escapes his lips as I struggle to speak. I whimper and his face softens towards me. He quickly undoes the chains from my arms. I fall limply waiting for the cold floor to rush up and meet my head but it never comes instead I am tightly locked in the cold embrace of Drake.
“I’m so sorry I left you with him Annabelle” He says softly in my ear as he runs out the door.
The lights are painfully bright and my eyes burn because I have been stuck in complete darkness for at least a month maybe more. My breathing is laboured but at least I can now relax knowing Jason can’t harm me for the moment.

~End Flashback~
The hate within me is overwhelming. Rage takes over my body as I remember the terrible things he did to me. Now I can have my revenge for I’m not a weak pathetic human any longer.
“You’ve changed” He comments
I snarl at him then start to circle him slowly. Drake doesn’t try to calm me and I know he will probably like to hurt Jason as well because I am like a little sister to him.
“You’re pathetic and cowardly” I growl at him
He puts his hands up still with that smug expression that fuels the hate inside me.
“That’s not very nice” He says
“Neither is chaining up and abusing a human who trusted you” I growl back
He pretends to think about it.
“I guess you could look at it like that” He says slowly.
I stop circling him and leap at his neck again. My teeth sink into his arm he held up protectively over his throat. He growls and shakes me from his arm that is now bleeding profusely. I land on my feet ready to attack again. My lips are stained with his blood. I leap again and this time breaks his collar bone. He holds back a scream from the pain. I break both his legs from underneath him. He tries to catch me off guard and swipes at me with his left arm. I catch his arm and break it like a twig. His right arm is bleeding into his shirt. I force my foot onto his chest and a few ribs are broken. He falls back onto the pavement. I lean down and rip the skin from his left arm using my teeth. Jason’s eyes show pain but still no regret for what he did to me. Another wave of rage comes over me. I dig my finger nails into the bite on his right arm, more blood flows freely from the wound. Finally he can’t hold back and bellows out in pain. Eventually after a few more injuries the pain is too much and he falls unconscious. I rip his throat out with disgust. Drake comes over to me and embraces me. Raven and Lucile join us; Raven also pulls me into a hug. We walk together from the service road and out to the main road leaving Jason’s broken and bleeding body dead on the sidewalk. Now we can get some dinner.
Sign up to rate and review this story