Categories > Original > Drama > The Stupid Boy and the Outsider

Chapter 16

by joy2008 1 review

The Stupid Boy and the Outsider Chapter 16

Category: Drama - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2008-09-09 - Updated: 2008-09-10 - 1601 words - Complete

0Unrated
Author's Note: I forgot to update yesterday. Oops.

Chapter 16

It was Wednesday morning and we're finally going home! I have to say camping was a good idea, but we shouldn't have made it so long. The girls complaining really got irritating, but Kristine always made up for it when we'd make out.

But what was with JD and Jackie at the lake?! Did he finally decide to give her a chance after ten years? Then again I tortured her for five years, but that's not the point. She didn't like me like she liked JD. And then he brought her into the water! What was that? I know how Jackie gets when she's in the water, she freaks out. I mean I know it wasn't all that deep and she mostly stayed in the shallow side, but still.

"Okay boys," mom said bringing be back to reality. "When we get back I want you to get ready because we're going back to school shopping." We were already on the road heading home.

"Mom I was gonna hang out with Kristine today," I said.

"I was gonna hang out with the guys when we got back," Kevin complained.

"This is the only time I have to take you guys shopping so we have to go today." Kevin and I sat back in our seats. We were defeated and had to follow her orders.

When we got home Kristine called right as we finished getting all the stuff from the car into the house.

"So what are we doing today?" Kristine asked over the phone.

"Umm..." How was I gonna tell her? She can be a little sensitive sometimes. "Well, I can't go out today."

"What? Why?"

"My mom's gonna take us back to school shopping, this was the only day we could go."

"Oh," she said. I've never heard that tone of voice from her before. "You still go shopping with your mom?"

Oh great, I just embarrassed myself... over the phone. "Yeah, well she has the money and she has to take Nick shopping anyway so Kevin and I just tag along." That was a pretty good save.

"Whatever just call me when you get home."

"Yeah, okay." I hung up the phone and headed upstairs.

After a couple minutes Jackie knocked on my door. Kevin was still in the shower and Nick was in mom and dad's shower so I had some time to hang out with her, but I kinda didn't want to. I just got an angry feeling when I saw her.

"Hey," she said as she sat across from me on Kevin's bed. I could tell from her wet hair that she already had her warm shower.

"Hey," I said back, but it was a little dry, no emotion at all.

"Your mom said that you guys were going back to school shopping today."

"Yeah," was all I said before getting up and taking some clothes out of my dresser.

"Is there something wrong?" She asked.

I turned around and sat on my bed again. "No."

Her eyes squinted a little bit before she said, "Really? Because it seems like it. You're not one to stick with only one syllable sentences." I just stared at her not saying anything. "Listen, if you want your girlfriend here instead of me, that's fine. All you have to do is say so."

She got up to leave and before I could stop myself I said, "What's with you and JD?"

"What are you talking about?" She was either actually confused or she's areally good actress.

"You and JD at the lake, he got you to go in."

"Okay, well you pretty much got all of it." She was looking at me like I was crazy. "Is that why you're being irrational?"

"Oh please that is not all of it and I'm not irrational," I said standing up."I know you still like JD, you may be able to hide it better, but you still like him."

"What does that have to do with... anything?"

"What happens when you guys get together and end up breaking up? Where does that leave me? You both are my best friends and I'll be stuck in some weird situation." I think that's my point. I'm not so sure anymore.

"So you'd rather be comfortable with your friends than have me be happy!?! Wait," she said pinching the bridge of her nose. "There isn't anything happening between JD and me in the first place, so you know what? Everything's gonna be fine in your little content world." She walked out before I could say anything.

I seriously don't know what just happened.

--- --- --- ---

"Joe wake up," I heard Kevin say softly. I just grunted and turned over. "Joe,"this time there was a pillow thrown at me, "get up. It's our first day of school and we're gonna be late."

That's right it was the first day of school. I hadn't talked to Jackie, JD, or any of my friends since I had that argument with Jackie. The only person I hung out with was my brothers or Kristine. She seemed to get my attention pulled away from everything.

"Boys it's time to go," I heard dad say.

I got my backpack off the floor and headed downstairs. Jackie was there of course. Our parents always took turns driving all of us, including Maya, to school.

"Hey Jackie," Nick said as we got into the van. "I haven't seen you in a while."

"Yeah, I've been busy." We locked eyes for a second before she looked away.

I have to admit... the day started out pretty crappy. When I got to school JD, Jerby, and Berna were there waiting for me and Jackie.

"Hey man," Jerby said when I got closer. "What happened to you? It was like you fell off the face of the Earth or something."

"Yeah, every time I called your mom said you were out. Where were you?" JD asked.

"With Kristine," was all I said before heading inside.

"So how much action are you getting?" Jerby asked. I just gave him ayou're-stupid look as JD pushed him a little and gave him the same look.

We all picked up our schedules and locker assignments. Jackie's locker was across from mine, great.

"Hey Berna what period do you guys have math?" Jerby asked.

"It doesn't matter what period we have it, you're not copying our homework," she said with her eyebrow raised.

I found out I had English with Jackie and Jerby, math with the four of them, and health with Jackie. I wonder what classes I have with Kristine. I don't think she's here yet, damn.

"So what electives are you guys taking?" Berna asked.

"Shop," JD and Jerby said together.

Jackie let out a small laugh as Berna rolled her eyes and said, "Of course, well I took food service."

"Photography," Jackie said. I think that was on the list of classes her therapist wanted her to try out or whatever. "My dad even got me a new camera for it."

"What about you?" Jerby asked me.

"Drama." It sounded kinda dorky, but all we did was act out some stuff a couple times a month and watch movies the rest of the time. It was an easy class. I would take music appreciation, but it just wasn't the same when you were in aband as for band... that was a lot dorkier than drama.

The day was pretty boring just like every first day of school. The teachers went over the rules and whatever forms our parents had to sign or whatever and the rest of the period was like a free period. I didn't have any classes with Kristine yet. During mid-morning recess I met up with her and found out we only had health together. That kinda sucked.

It was lunch now and I was waiting for Kristine with JD and Jerby. I really wasn't paying attention to what they were saying. The last thing I heard was about their shop class.

"Jackie's really getting into the whole music thing," I heard JD say. "Well, just playing the guitar, but that's still music."

"So you're hanging out with Jackie now?" Jerby asked him. "You guys hooking up or what?"

JD laughed as he shook his head. "She's really cool. Right Joe?" I don't know why, but I got really jealous. JD hung out with Jackie without me. It's like I'm being left behind or something.

"Hey baby," Kristine called before I could answer JD. She gave me a kiss before leading me to the cafeteria.

When we got in the cafe I saw Jackie and Berna sitting at a table by themselves. I kinda hoped that we would sit there, but instead Kristine lead us to a table with a bunch of her friends. After Kristine and I sat down there was only one seat left. I knew Kristine's friends didn't want Jerby to sit with us.

"Uh we're just gonna go sit somewhere else," JD said.

"But," one of Kristine's friends said. "There's one seat left. You can sit with us."

"Thanks, but we promised some other friends that we'd sit with them." That was full of sh!t JD and you know it.

I saw them walk over to Jackie and Berna's table. JD sat right next to Jackie. I guess there really was something going on there. But why did it bother me so much? They were my friends and deserve to be as happy as I am with Kristine.
Sign up to rate and review this story