Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Look For The Boy with a Broken Smile

[[27.]]

by zildjian1039 0 reviews

Ugh.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Published: 2008-09-09 - Updated: 2009-02-02 - 532 words

0Unrated
My eyes were fixed intently on the scene. His skilled hands navigated the paintbrush across the canvas that was propped up against the wooden easel. It looked like it came natural to him; his eyes flicked from the canvas to the palatte and back again. They were bright with expectation and the faintest traipse of a smile remained fresh on his lips.
" Cool painting." I told him, feeling stupid for not having anything better to say.
"Thanks." The smile was evident now.
"What does it mean?" I observed the art. A thick blanket of snow surrounded a solid tree, green and blossoming with life.
He seemed to be deep in thought for a few moments.
"I think it's me." He stated plainly after some silence.
"How do you figure?"
"Im better now. I can be all I was meant to be... I don't hurt like I used to."
I sort of exhaled dramatically, and crossed my arms.
"Do you realize what this has done to me? It's killing me, honestly."
He sighed and took a seat. The room was filled with sunshine, bright and hopeful.
" How many times do I have to apologize, Patrick?"
"Forget it." And there were the tears. They welled up, hot and blurry under my eyes.
"Come here." He motioned to the seat next to him on the couch.
"No. Why am I even talking to you? You're not real."
"Yes I am"
"NO. YOU'RE FUCKING DEAD AND NOTHING CAN CHANGE IT."
I hated him for being a tease like this. Everything seemed so real.
"Pat...I told you it's not forever...trust me just this once."
"WHAT'S THAT SUPPOSED TO MEAN,YOU'RE GONNA RISE FROM THE DEAD OR SOMETHING?"
Silence. I was infuriated.
I took his painting and cracked it over my knee. Then I flung it as hard as I could at the wall.
"Aw what was that for?", he was less that a foot from me now. I swung my fist as hard as I could at him, but my hand was in his grip before I knew it. He felt so real, I just kept my hand there for a minute.
Finally I yanked it away.
"Stay the fuck out of my dreams,Pete" I snapped angrily in between tears.
" I try."
"Try harder."

I woke up in the backseat of my car. It was 3 am.
Allie looked at me, worried and somewhat fearful.
"Shhh." She comforted me.
I pressed my hands against my face. It felt sweaty and my eyes were stingy from the tears.
"Were you having a bad dream?"
I nodded, and cried some more partly for a lack of meds and also because that dream was so damn real. This wasn't the first one like this,either.
I took the pills and water she offered me, and leaned my head on her shoulder.
"Do you wanna go home baby? I can drive us home." She asked,pushing the hair out of my face.
"Ill be fine."
"Okay. Just remember to take your pills before you sleep okay? Otherwise this happens"
"Yah." I wrapped my arms around her and pulled her close.
"Try to relax. I love you."
"Love you too."
Sign up to rate and review this story