Categories > Anime/Manga > Beyblade > Boys, Girls, and Beyblades

A Mystery In Deed

by hottygirl_013 0 reviews

Tika does some musings on Kai as they wait for Hilary to begin her explination.

Category: Beyblade - Rating: PG - Genres: Romance - Characters: Kai - Published: 2006-03-07 - Updated: 2006-03-07 - 614 words

0Unrated
Chapter Five

I looked out of the corner of my eye as Tyson watched Hilary lift Tyler out of her stroller and let the one-year-old lick her ice cream cone.

It must be strange for Tyson---finding out he has a daughter, that is.

I mean, today he was expecting to go to the BBA and battle against an all girls team, beat them, and then go back home. Instead, he went to the BBA and found his girlfriend that walked out of his life two years ago and finds out that he has a daughter.

If I were in his shoes, I'd be totally freaking out. I mean, seeing someone you loved walk back into you life after leaving without any warning I could handle, but finding out you have a kid...not so much.

Although I would have already known that I had a kid seeing how I'm female and would have given birth...Unless of course they did this weird genetic thing where they took a woman's egg and a guys sperm and mixed it together somehow and made a baby that didn't have to live in a mother's womb.

But I don't think that's possible...

"You know, you shouldn't have bought that if never planned on eating it," a male voice says from behind me.

I jump and whirl around to see Kai staring at me.

I blink at him in confusion. "What are you talking about?"

He points to my hand. "Your ice cream."

I look down at my hand to see that my French Vanilla ice cream has begun to melt all over my hand.

Oh great! Now I have ice cream hands!

I switch the ice cream cone into my left hand and begin to lick it and I shake my right hand, trying to get the ice cream off.

All the while I can feel Kai's eyes on me, so I finally look up at him and his grey eyes are filled with amusement.

How dare he laugh at me? How could he possibly think that this is funny? How would he like it if his favorite type of ice cream was running down his hand?

I bet he wouldn't like it one little bit! He sure wouldn't.

I feel my cheeks grow red and turn my attention back to my ice cream cone.

"Here," he says after a few minutes as he shoves a napkin into my face.

I've finished my ice cream cone, but I'm still trying to get the ice cream off of my hand.

I take the napkin from him. "Thanks."
I look in his eyes and they're once again void of emotion, showing no trace of the laughter that was in his eyes just a few minutes ago.

Hilary was right---what she said about Kai, I mean.

He really is very mysterious.

"Hey, Tika," I hear Marti call me.

I look over at her and so does Kai. "What?"

"You and Kai need to get over here if you want to hear what Hilary has to say."

Kai began to walk towards the group as I wiped the remainder of the ice cream off of my hand and threw the napkin into a nearby trash bin. I watch him walk for a few seconds before following and joining the group and I remember something Hilary told us when she was telling us about the Bladebreakers:

"Of everyone on the team, Kai was the strangest one. One second he seemed to be happy and just like every other kid, and the next...he's about as cold and detached as they come. "

Kai Hiwitari is a mystery indeed. Cute. But a mystery.
Sign up to rate and review this story