Categories > Anime/Manga > Beyblade > Boys, Girls, and Beyblades

Hilary's Request

by hottygirl_013 0 reviews

Hilary takes Ray to the mall to do some shopping and to ask him to help her do something.

Category: Beyblade - Rating: PG - Genres: Romance - Characters: Ray - Published: 2006-03-07 - Updated: 2006-03-07 - 1105 words

0Unrated
Chapter Eight

I follow behind Hilary as we exit Walden Books. She bought a few romance novels, suspense novels, a 'Baby's First Book' book, and a parenting book---which I'm sure is for Tyson.

She hasn't told me why she insisted that I come with her to the mall...and we've been here for at least three hours. We've already gotten new clothes and shoes for Tyler, gone grocery shopping, got a bit of new jewelry for Tika, Marti, and Jo, and a new outfit for me and the rest of the guys, and now we've just left the bookstore.

I wonder what could be bothering her.

"Hilary," I say as we walk in silence, "where are we going now?"

She looks over her shoulder. "The food court. I'm sure you're wondering why I asked you to come with me to the mall, Ray. You're not stupid enough to think that I just brought you here to help me shop---I could've brought Tika or one of the other girls for that."

"Yeah, I know," I reply calmly. "So...why did you ask me to come with you?"

"I'll tell you when we get our food and sit down," she says.

I swear she just used her 'I'm the mother and you're the child' tone on me. I hate it when she does that.

She shifts the bags in her arms around as she quickens her pace. "C'mon, Ray. Hurry up. I want to get there before it gets too crowded."
"I'm coming. I'm coming," I grumble as I shift the bags in my arms and quicken my pace as well.

"Chicken Lo Mien," Hilary says five minutes later as we stand in line at a Chinese restaurant---Chou's.

I order the same thing and the cashier rings it up. After we grab our drinks and make our way over to one of the tables Hilary smiles shyly at me.

"I'll get straight to the point," she says after we've both settled down. "I want some one to go with me to visit my parents."

My eyes widen in shock. Why would she choose me, of all people, to with her?

She smiles softly at me when I ask her this. "Well, I can't exactly take Tyson, because he's the one that got me pregnant in the first place. I can't take Max because if Dad started acting tough he would probably freak out. I can't take Kai because he wouldn't really say anything and, therefore, wouldn't be much help. And I definitely can't take Kenny because he's not even on this side of the planet. So, that leaves you."

"Why can't you take Tika or one of the other girls?" I ask her slowly, feeling a little hurt that she came to me as a last resort.

"Do you seriously want me to take Tika with me when I introduce Tyler to her grandparents? She'd probably go on and on about how great babies are and then she'll probably talk about how my parents shouldn't be ashamed of me because I've only had sex once and she has had it at least ten times."

"Okay," I say. "Then what about Jo or Marti?"

"Marti is shy around adults that she doesn't know and Jo already said that she didn't want to go because what if my parents started yelling at her for being one of my friends?"

"That's a bit selfish," I can't help but mutter.

Isn't Jo supposed to be one of her best friends?

"Yeah," Hilary agrees. "But, you have to understand that when people yell at Jo for no complete reason, she has a tendency to throw up."

"Oh. Then I guess I can see why she doesn't want to go."

My ruby-eyed friend leans forward on her elbows and gives me a pleading look. "So, you'll go with me then?"

I had every reason to say no. After all, two years ago she walked out of my life without so much as an explanation. She hurt me and my best friends when she left without even saying goodbye. Why should I do this for her?

I sighed as I looked into her eyes. There was no way that I could say no to her. Sure, she had left without any warning two years ago, but she was back. She had apologized and had explained everything to us. And, although the guys and I are still pretty hurt by what she did, we forgave. Besides, she'd help me if I needed it.

I looked into her hopeful eyes once again and groaned. I couldn't say no to her if I wanted to. "Fine."

She squealed and threw her arms around my neck. "Oh, thank you, Ray! You won't feel sorry about this."

I smiled wanly. Why do I have a feeling that she's about that?


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"But why does Ray get to go with you and not me? I'm Tyler's father!" Tyson asked for the fifth time as Hilary changed their daughter's diaper.

Hilary narrowed her eyes at Tyson and glared dangerously at him. "I am not going to tell you again, Tyson."

I hid the smile that began to spread across my face. Tyson is jealous. What does he that I'm going to do to Hilary? It's not like I'm in love with her or anything. She's more like a younger sister.

"...don't care if your father yells at me, Hilary!" Tyson is arguing now. "I think I can handle him."

Her eyes narrowed. "You don't know my father, Tyson. There is no way to 'handle' Felix Tatibana. You either do things his way or no way at all."

"Like I said, I can handle him."

"Like I said, you're not going."

I watch as the two glare at each other, waiting for the other to give in. After a few minutes, Tyson pulls back and frowns.

He crosses his arms across his chest and smiles at her. "Fine. If you won't take me, I'll just follow you and Ray."

Hilary finished changing Tyler's diaper and fixed the one-year-old's shoes and clothes before fixing the father of her child with a glare that could rival Kai's. "Fine. But don't say I didn't warn you."

"Wait," I say suddenly. "Does that mean that I don't have to go?"

"Only if you want to," she murmurs angrily as she grabs Tyler's diaper bag and heads for the door with Tyson behind her.

I look at the expressions of anger on both of their faces and decide it would be best if I went along. Just to make sure they don't kill each other.
Sign up to rate and review this story