Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Give Me A Tour To Remember

Come Crashing Down

by -GuessWho- 4 reviews

Caitlin looks back on her past.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Humor,Parody - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2008-09-16 - Updated: 2009-04-12 - 1709 words

0Cliche
"That was amazing!"Lexi said,grinning like crazy and jumping up and down in the middle of the room.I smiled at her from my place on the couch.I couldn't help it.We were backstage after the show,and all still on an adrenaline high. Even the tiny grotty room with cheap fluorescent lights that we were in wasn't bringing down our high spirits. We were all normally pretty calm, but when we played we became different people and just filled with energy.Lexi's hair was a mess,her dark eyeliner was slightly smudged and her normally pale face was rather flushed.Sean was sitting on the couch across from me, his black hair spiky mop even more messy than usual and looking zoned out,and Matt was sitting next to me,grinning at Lexi and running his hand through his hair.
I stretched and lay back against the tatty upholstery,remembering how all of this had started.


FLASHBACK

"Caitlin,come on!"Meghan said impatiently over the noise of traffic ,rounding on me.Her dark har was blowing in the wind and her brown cheeks had a pink tint. She was shivering slighly in the cool breeze even though her Parka was a lot warmer than my anorak.The people walking briskly past us on the shady street looked even more windswept, but it didn't bother me.I sighed and stared at her in annoyance.Even though she was my best friend, she could get pretty annoying at times.Sean, who was doing the same course as me at college,was having a party a house party. I'd agreed to bring Meghan along, even though she didn't know him.I never was very social and thought it might be a good idea to bring my roommate along,but I was beginning to regret it.
"Look,it's not like we're gonna be late, just slow down" I replied.Meghan shrugged and started to walk at the same pace as me.
"Still", she continued, "I want to meet this Sean guy before he's totally drunk or stoned, or both..".
"Megs, he's not like that" I said calmly. In all of the years that I'd known her, Meghan has always been very anti-drugs. " I know you wouldn't want to get involved with any of that shit, and neither would I. He said it's just a house party for his mates that're in town for a while, that's all. Some drinks, some people, no crap, okay?". Meghan nodded slightly, but still looked like she was reserving judgement.
Sean's apartment was pretty near us, so it didn't take us long to get there. At the door,we were greeted by loud music and a warm breeze. The front room of the flat was crammed with people, with Sean and some other guys right in the centre.When he saw us, he said something to his friends and raced over.He grinned at me"Hey Cait!"He yelled, trying to be heard over the music. Then he really noticed Meghan for the first time. She smiled at him sweetly and he returned her smile.I rolled my eyes.Here we go again...
I grabbed a beer and sat down on the couch,watching Meghan and Sean flirting with each other.They sure would make one hell of a couple,I thought and smiled to myself.Leaving them, I grabbed a beer and sat down on the couch next to some strangers. I watched Meghan and Sean flirting with each other and laughed inwardly.They sure would make one hell of a couple,I thought and smiled to myself. Sean was well-known around campus for being a ladies man, and Meghan was quite a flirt.It was amusing to see drunk people making fools of themselves,but after a while the whole atmosphere got to me and i needed some fresh air.Pushing my way through random people, I headed for the door and bumped into somebody.
"Hey,sorry..." He said, looming above me and glancing down. Taking in his appearance, I tried think of where I'd seen him. He had brown floppy hair, bright blue eyes, and a kind smile.Hadn't I seen him around college? Wasn't his name . . Micheal? Mark?No,it was...Matt.
"Are you okay?"Matt asked,interrupting my thoughts.He looked genuinely concerned
"Erm, yeah, i just need some air..."I mumbled.He nodded and walked outside with me.
We made conversation outside for a while. He seemed like a really nice guy, and I found out a lot about him. I could've just hung out with him for ages, but it was getting rather cold. With a resigned sigh, I headed back inside with Matt to find somebody else that I knew. Sean was sitting on the couch with his arm around Meghan. A very bored looking girl with dark hair was sitting next to him, seeming like she wanted to be anywhere other than there.As Matt and I walked by Sean stopped us "Hi guys,could you hang with my sis Lexi for a while?"
I glanced down at her and smiled,but Matt exclaimed "Oh hey!Lexi!!How are you lately?" She looked at us blankly and then her face broke into a smile."Matt!" She exclaimed and jumped up to hug him.I'd seen her at college a few times lately,but never talked to her.
Her and Matt started talking and sat down on the other couch and got a few more beers,even though she seemed a bit drunk already.I sat down next to them and joined in some of their conversation.I learned that she was 21,the same age as me,she'd known Matt for a few years and wanted to be a teacher .
After a while,the conversation turned to music."I play rhythm guitar..."Lexi said,slurring her words
"Great!"said Matt,beaming.He was pretty merry by that point."I play drums!"He smiled.
I grinned "Bass..."I said.I hadn't had as much to drink as them.Soon the conversation moved onto another topic,and before long,it was 4am ."Woah"I said,looking at my watch.I looked around and noticed that everybody else had left and Meghan and Sean were nowhere to be seen"Guys,we've been talking for hours..."I looked up and saw that Lexi and Matt had fallen asleep together,Lexi had her head on Matt's chest and Matt had his arm around her.I smiled and decided to leave them,and got up and sat on the armchair and soon fell asleep.

END FLASHBACK

Sean and Meghan starting going out,and Lexi and I had become pretty close.Things had been awkward between Matt and Lexi after they woke up the morning after the party,but they still got on okay.And most importantly,we tryed playing some music together. Sean's band had decided that they didn't need him anymore, and while he was still incredibly pissed off about it, he'd got us together and tried us playing some songs.Lexi sang and played guitar,Matt played drums,Sean played on lead guitar and I played bass.We sounded good. More than good,actually,when we played something just connected and there was so much electricity. Sean was over the moon and inisted that we became a band. We called ourselves Vampire Crash, we'd all always loved gothic horror stories. Lexi had a way with lyrics and Sean and I were pretty good at coming up with riffs. Although we were all into different types of music, we used the best of the different styles and wove it into songs. We wrote some music about times in our life that effected us. I wrote the lyrics to our song Save Me Now about moving from Ireland to Boston when i was 14 and my life changing.We played some small gigs, we enjoyed it. But Lexi and I were too serious about our planned careers to give up college before our courses were over, even though Sean wanted us to take Vampire Crash professional. Meghan's brother was pretty high up at Reprise records and he got a rep to go to one of our shows. When they offered to sign us,we were ecstatic. I grinned for so long afterwards that my cheeks hurt. Myself and Lexi quit college, and despite our parents shocked reactions, they were happy for us. We recorded an album,did a few promotion gigs, and we were having the time of our life. We'd just played the last of our promotion shows and were looking forward to what was coming next.

"Caitlin!"Somebody said,and something collided with the side of my head.
"What?!"I yelled,looking up to see what had pulled out of my reverie. Matt was grinning down at me,his blue eyes sparkling. Sean was holding a cushion and laughing his head off, looking like he was about to collapse. Lexi was standing next to a blond, professional woman at the other side of the room. Lex gave me a slightly irritated look and I quickly jumped up, eyeing the stranger. Her outift was a bit too dressy for the backstage area of a rock show. I walked over to her and she held out her hand. I shook it, too puzzled to do anything else
"Hey, you must be Caitlin. I'm Catherine, I work at Reprise", She said.I nodded,not sure where this was going."You guys did a great show tonight"she said,smiling "And you're really going places,so we were wondering if you'd like to go on tour with another band".I stood there, gobsmacked.Sean, Lexi and Matt looked the same and didn't speak for a few seconds.Then I snapped out of my trance "So who would we be touring with?" I asked, as if I was still considering it.
The woman smiled and said "My Chemical Romance,have you ever heard of them?"
"Woah!" I muttered, Lexi squealed. I could hear Matt giving a low whistle and Sean exclaiming"Hell yes!"
I smiled "Of course we would like to tour with them"

~~~~

Opinions anyone?I really don't know if I should continue to write this
Sign up to rate and review this story