Categories > Original > Romance > A Friendly Love

Chapter 4

by doyleangel 0 reviews

really short, sorry

Category: Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Humor,Romance - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2008-09-22 - Updated: 2008-09-22 - 364 words

0Unrated

“Full house, ladies over eight’s, haha, I win.”
The guys all groaned as Ashley collected the pile of money in the middle of the table. Taylor threw his cards on the table.
“Dang woman. I taught you how to play poker. How’d you get to be so good?”
Ashley sent him a sly smile. “Wouldn’t you like to know?”
They were on the second week of the tour, and they were on the way to Portland, Oregon, where the guys had a concert the next day. She and the guys had been playing cards for the past three hours to pass the time. She picked up the cards and had just started shuffling them when Megan came into the cabin from the back. Taylor heard the noise and looked behind him, and smiled at her. She sat down next to him on the bench seat. Taylor gave her a quick kiss on the mouth.
“Hey baby. Enjoy the movie?”
Megan shook her head. “No, and I am so bored. There’s nothing to do, and being confined on this bus doesn’t help. I don’t know how you guys do it.”
Ashley couldn’t believe her ears. Megan knew what she was getting into when she agreed to come on tour with the guys. Taylor said he explained it to her. Man, if she were Tay’s girlfriend, she wouldn’t be complaining about being on a bus. She’d just be glad to be anywhere near him and being able to kiss him.
WOAH! Where had that come from? Kissing Taylor? That was a crazy idea. They’d been best friends since 5th grade. He knew everything about her and vise versa. So why did she suddenly get a twinge of jealousy at the thought of Megan kissing Taylor?
“Hey, earth to Ashley. You in there somewhere?”
Ashley blinked her eyes and saw everyone looking at her. She felt her cheeks warm slightly.
“Yeah, sorry. I was just lost in thought.”
“You were pretty far away,” Ike said, “what were you thinking about?”
Ashley looked at Taylor, shrugged her shoulders, and looked back at Ike and smiled. “Nothing important.”
Sign up to rate and review this story