Categories > Anime/Manga > Yami no Matsuei > Moonlight Over Winter Snow

Moonlight Over Winter Snow

by Grassy 1 review

The first snow of winter is always the most important... [Terazuma + Wakaba]

Category: Yami no Matsuei - Rating: G - Genres: Angst, Romance - Characters: Terazuma, Wakaba - Published: 2006-03-07 - Updated: 2006-03-08 - 570 words - Complete

1Moving
Title: Moonlight Over Winter Snow
Author: Grasshopper (A.K.A. The Undertaker's Muse)
Rated: G
Warnings: Het, light angst.
Fandom: Yami no Matsuei
Spoilers: None, really.
Pairings: Terazuma Hajime + Kannuki Wakaba
Summary: The first snow of winter is always the most important...
Author's Notes: Sugoi! I finally finished a YnM fic! ...though it's het, not yaoi. O_o Weird. And it's a bit short, but I think I get my point across. There should be more Terazuma x Wakaba fics out there - the pairing is just so sweet and so angsty at the same time (and we all know what a whore I am for that). Oh, and the whole theory that winter makes our dear Kuro-chan more sluggish rather than more active belongs to me (as far as I know). But it does make sense! ...in my head, at least... What with the humidity of rain making him more restless, wouldn't just the opposite be true? Well, gotta go work on my Muraki x Tsuzuki fic - later! snatches inu-chibi!Tsuzuki and neko-chibi!Hisoka while dashing off
Disclaimer: All things Yami no Matsuei belong to Matsushita Yoko. All that I own is the plot.



When the first snow of winter falls, he loves to watch her. Actually, he loves - and hates - to watch her all the time. The first winter snow is different, though.

He watches silently as she dances around their front lawn ecstatically, the moonlight reflecting off of her riotous curls and smooth skin. Her mismatched eyes shone with a playful joy in the dim light, watching the falling snow intently. Occasionally, a flash of glistening pink was visible as she happily caught flakes of snow upon her tongue.

Her wild laughter and soft giggles as more than one snowflake landed upon her nose, rather than on her tongue, had him quirking his lips lightly around his cigarette.

"Hajime-chan!" Usually bare legs - now clad in bright tights to keep warm - dashed over to where he sat on the porch steps. She held out her gloved hands to him. "Come, catch snowflakes with me!"

Shining eyes and pouty lips caught his attention and negated his automatic refusal. Sliding a large gloved hand around her much smaller one, he slowly stood up and walked silently with her to the middle of the small yard. A rare smile crossed his face as he raptly gazed upon her features, studiously taking in the snowflake-kissed curls, luminous eyes, and glistening lips.

Tugging lightly on their entwined hands, he brought her clothed fingertips to his lips and placed a hesitant kiss upon them before placing them upon her slightly parted lips. A sad smile crossed her beautiful features as she returned the gesture with Terazuma's own fingertips. Unspoken words and feelings filled the short distance between the two as the snow continued to fall upon them. It was moments like this that it didn't really matter - and yet, mattered more than ever - that he couldn't touch her.

As the time grew later and later and the chill in the air worsened, they finally began a slow trek into the house. Neither wanting such a rare moment to end, their gloved hands tightened around one another so as not to be released.

Settling comfortably into a large window seat looking out upon the recently vacated yard, their still-cloaked hands remained clasped together as they watched the moonlight reflect over the falling winter snow.

The End
Sign up to rate and review this story