Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > Star Wars: Birth of the Ninja Nations

Chapter 5

by Ninja-Magic 0 reviews

Naruto comes up with a clever way to insure he stays alive at least a little bit longer.

Category: Naruto - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Crossover - Characters: Naruto - Published: 2008-09-29 - Updated: 2008-09-29 - 1338 words

1Ambiance
Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto or Star Wars. Naruto belongs to Masashi Kishimoto, and Star Wars belongs to George Lucas.

Thoughts are in italics

Chapter 5:

Naruto crouched on the roof of yet another low, squat, tan building, gazing at another building in which his nose after a lot of pain eventually led him to. His nose still hurt a little, but that was not that unusual to be honest.

The fox’s chakra which automatically healed Naruto when he was hurt was a consequence of the fox’s desire to stay alive. You might wonder why it would want to stay alive when it was sealed into a relatively weak human host, but to the fox, that existence was preferred to death. If the fox had not been sealed, it would have lived for all eternity, for it was immortal. To a being that expected and likely would have lived forever, to end was the worst possible fate there is. Death was a very scary concept to someone who expected to never experience it. However, in the fox’s desire to survive, it does not care at all if something hurts. It just forced its chakra into Naruto's body and the chakra took care of the injury by any means necessary, even if it causes Naruto excruciating pain. While the fox’s chakra normally when used left him sore, uncomfortable, and in mild pain, the fox’s chakra harshly ripping and mending his nose’s sensitive inner membranes was horrible beyond all reason.

Such a situation was very much so a recent development. Before the invasion, the only way a large amount of the fox’s chakra could enter Naruto's system would either be if he willingly drew upon it himself, or if he was about to die. Unfortunately, constant use during the invasion caused the seal containing the demon to degrade a little. Which gave the beast a lot more freedom and choice over its vast power stores than the Fourth Hokage probably intended.

But that is the past, this is the present, and right now I got to figure out what to do. I could just bust in and take all the food, but who knows what of security this place has. Maybe this place has got one of those giant AT-AT walkers, or a legion of stormtroopers, or something else even more horrible. Can't risk it. I need to figure out how to do this task subtly and stealthily. Man, I am the wrong person for this job.

Ok, um… um… I got an idea.

Leaping from his perch on this building’s roof, Naruto landed on the ground, and he quickly moved to the diner’s door. Opening the door casually, he looked in.

Honestly it is better than what he was expecting. It wasn’t fancy, luxurious or even that clean by any means, but it seemed relatively sanitary. Also, it had a pretty good layout, though he didn't really care at all about that at the moment. He just care whether or not there was food, and there was. Scanning the room quickly, he sees his target.

It was a cook, or some kind of kitchen worker, and he was heading towards the bathroom. Bingo.

Careful to not attract to much undue attention to himself, Naruto strode to the bathroom and slipped in after the worker.

Stepping inside, Naruto sealed the door shut by wedging one of his wraps into the doorframe and into its gears. It would not stop anybody from getting in if they really wanted to, but it would slow them down. This action would have the added benefit of slightly muffling any noise that occurred.

Naruto waited for the man to finish doing his... business. For there are just some things you just don’t do unless you absolutely have to. One of those things is attacking somebody when they were... occupied.

After the man was finished, Naruto casually walked over, pretending he had to go, and gently rapped the guy in the back of the head. The man hit the floor, and Naruto prepared to get to work.

For Naruto’s plan he was going to need to use a jutsu. Jutsus were special techniques that ninjas developed in order to use their chakra to achieve supernatural feats. Many incredible things could be done with chakra and jutsu, but this case Naruto needed to shape-shift.

Well maybe shape-shifting was not the right word, as the user’s body does not actually change with the technique Naruto planned to use. Instead an illusionary overlay was placed over the user’s body so they would have the appearance of whatever they choose. This version of the henge technique was an extremely basic illusionary technique that almost all ninja of Konoha learned. That the technique was very basic was fortunate for Naruto as he had never been able to do more advanced illusions. Those jutsu required too much chakra control for him. Naruto had pretty bad chakra control, as a result of small amounts of the fox’s volatile demonic chakra mixing with his own at all times. While there did exist a version of henge that involved an actual physical transformation, the technique was fairly chakra intensive. So while the technique might work better in this situation, Naruto really did not have that much chakra to spare, and the illusionary version would work perfectly well for his purposes.

For his plan to work, Naruto stripped the man of his work uniform and all his possessions. He studied the man’s papers and identification. Then he picked up the man (whose ID stated was named Marcus Tavac) and placed him in one of the stalls. Now came the henge.

Naruto concentrated for a second, formed a hand-seal, and in an instant an exact duplicate of Marcus appeared in the restroom.

The clothes don’t fit right, but if I extend the illusion to affect the clothes, I could probably pass a casual inspection.

Naruto frowned and looked at Marcus. He knew that at this point it made most sense to kill the original Marcus, but he really didn’t want to kill anyone unless he had to. He figured the guy should stay unconscious for a few hours anyway.

Though what should I do about the robes? I guess I have to ditch them outside for now, and pick them later.

After he closed the stall door and with a little chakra welded it shut. Naruto then walked out of the restroom, (stashing in a pocket the wrap he used to wedge close the door), wearing features not his own, for all extensive purposes Marcus Tavac.

After stashing the robes outside on the roof, he casually walked into the kitchen as if he belonged there; Naruto gazed around the room looking for a mark.

He spotted a stressed out guy juggling a few platters of food, and Naruto knew he found his mark.

Walking over Naruto said, “Hey, what’s going on?”

The man looked up, sighs, and said, “This is really not a good time Marcus. I am completely swamped with work, and on top of everything I got to deliver these platters to the tables.”

Naruto replied, “I could take care of that for you if you want”.

The man raised an eyebrow and stated, “That is surprisingly nice of you Marcus. Normally I probably wouldn’t, but I am really busy, so sure. Actually, and I can’t believe I am asking you this, do you want to join the faculty Sabacc game we have going tonight?”

“Um… sure”, Naruto replied. His arms took the platters from the extremely relieved man, as the man continued talking, “the platters are going to tables 4, 6, and 10. Please remember.”

“Sure thing”

Watching the man walk off for a second, Naruto turned around and walked to the door, managing to steal some plate a cook was working on when their back was turned.

I think this plan is going to work.
Sign up to rate and review this story