Categories > Celebrities > Guns n' Roses > Dance of Pales

Land of Benediction

by Ruffled_Feathers 0 reviews

Issues come out into the open, and action is taken, but is it in time?

Category: Guns n' Roses - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2008-10-07 - Updated: 2008-10-07 - 613 words - Complete

1Ambiance
Warren was met at the door by the young singer and the guitarist in a state of absolute panic. They were babbling at 400 mph and Izzy was waving around a four inch butterfly knife like a lunatic. It took almost fifteen minutes to get the story out of them. Who the fuck would--? Why? They both looked near tears. The boys knew the cat, a stray who they enjoyed feeding and petting. Warren wouldn’t let them keep her, but they could play with her outside if they liked. He was allergic to cats.

Sending someone out to clean up the unfortunate animals, Warren set in to try and figure out why someone would commit such an act. Yeah, the kids had occasionally pissed some people off. Okay, frequently they pissed people off. But the nearest neighbors just wanted to see them taken out back, not traumatized. Axl couldn’t decide whether he should be frightened or angry or upset. He’d become attached to one of the kittens, a brindle he’d named Levon. He’d hoped to wear Warren down on the “No cats” rule eventually.

It was no good trying to deflect the boys’ attention from the incident by questioning Izzy where the hell he’d gotten that knife from as he took it away. Things were illegal in California. All he did was further agitate them, raising tempers. Axl was about to spin out when the assistant returned with a bloodstained note. It had been shoved down in the box, missed by the two boys when they abandoned the scene.

The note read like the bad, twisted love letter it was. He couldn’t bear the thought of Axl loving anything, anyone but him. He just proved he could remove the obstacles between them. All obstacles. But he’d rather Axl dedicate himself to him of his own free will. He didn’t want to have to remove anything else from Axl’s life.

Suddenly cold, Warren handed the knife back to Izzy as he reached for the phone, telling the boy to hide it in his pocket and not go anywhere without it.

With the police now involved, the story slowly unraveled. The awkward correspondences. The increasing insanity of them. Axl had been hiding it for months successfully, and Warren was livid. He didn’t know where to begin, but the kid was already so fucking upset, that he couldn’t start yelling now. The police would investigate, try and track down the man who did this. At the least they could get him for animal cruelty and harassing a minor. The words “sex offender” and “restraining order” were used with utmost seriousness, and Axl was strongly advised to stop all communication. Trying to take care of his own business, one of the officers pointed out with no small amount of irritation at the already stressed teenager, was how it had escalated to this level of insanity. Axl’s response was a nastily spat “Fuck off.” that Warren let slide.


A letter arrived a day after the cats were killed. Then another, and another. One every day for a week, begging Axl to respond. Then nothing for two weeks. Axl took it as a good sign, but it worried Warren. Stalkers just didn’t suddenly give up on their objects of affection, and the police hadn’t found anything yet. He loathed to let Izzy out of his sight, which was harder than hell. The sable haired teenager had an eerie knack for slipping out and to parts unknown, liking to be alone. Warren was terrified one day there’d be a new, bigger box at the gate.
Sign up to rate and review this story