Categories > Celebrities > Guns n' Roses

Every Step You Take

by destinyxnxslash 5 reviews

When somebody's lost, everyone learns not to take anything for granted...especially their friends.

Category: Guns n' Roses - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst,Drama - Published: 2008-10-09 - Updated: 2008-10-10 - 712 words - Complete

3Moving
As they all sat on the roof, it was quiet. It was very unusual, and awkward. But everyone was so preoccupied with thinking too care. Thinking about what had just happened. Not knowing how, exactly, it could’ve happened.

For the first time, they noticed how weird it was without him there. An emptiness filled the room. It was strange, out of the corner of your eye, you could see all of the band members. 1, 2, 3, 4…

Where was the fifth? Why would he leave like this? Was it to teach them to be grateful?

No one dared to look at one another. It would be too terrible. Though they knew the sorrow and angst in everyone else’s eyes, as well as their own, they couldn’t bare to actually see it. They wouldn’t be able to.

It was true. Any moment, everything could change.

“What now?” Izzy finally broke the silence, still looking blankly at the sky.

Axl let out a short breath, “What will happen to Guns ‘N’ Roses?”

Duff nodded, “Will it just be over?”

“It’s not like we can do it without him,” Slash said stilly, not looking up from his hands.

Suddenly, tears started rolling down his cheeks, “What’s the point of trying? What’ll happen when it comes to his part of the song…? Do you guys honestly think it won’t remind us?”

Duff finally looked at him, “I feel sorry for you, especially. You knew him way longer for any of us.”

Axl looked up slowly, “In a second, everything just rocketed downward, it’s strange, isn’t it?”

“Who would’ve thought he meant so much to us?” Izzy added quietly.

Slash nodded, “You don’t know what you’ve got ‘till its gone…”

They all glanced at each other for a second, and that was all it took. Tears started sliding down all of their cheeks.

“Well, I guess that this has taught us not to take advantage of each other,” Duff choked out.

Slash put his face in his hands and let the tears flow. None of them cared about manliness at the moment.
Axl shifted over and put his arm around Slash, though he was crying as well.

“I love you guys so much, and I don’t even notice when I’m pissing you guys off,” Axl sniffed.

Izzy nodded, “I guess we all piss each other off sometimes.”

Slash heaved out a sigh, “I just wish we’d noticed before it happened. Then maybe we could’ve shown him how important he was to us.”

Duff nodded slowly, “Do you think he left without knowing that?”

Axl smiled weakly and shook his head, “No. He knows.”

They all looked at each other and broke out a smile through their tears, “We’ll miss you, man.”

Slash stared up at the dark night sky, “I wonder if he’s watching us right now…You know, from up there.”

They all looked up as well, “I bet he is,” Izzy replied.

“Let’s wave to him,” Duff suggested. He lifted his hand and waved, “Hey man. How is it up there?”

The others followed him, “See how much misery you’ve caused us?” Axl joked.

“We love you, Steve!” Izzy called out.

“And always will,” Slash finished, smiling at the stars.

I love you guys, too… All of them heard quietly.

They glanced at each other, then grinned, “That’s him.”

“And don’t worry, dude, you’ve taught us our lesson,” Axl choked through tears.

Duff turned to the rest of them, “I’m never taking you guys for granted, ever. I’m going to appreciate every second I have with you.”

“Yeah, you better,” Izzy managed a laugh.

“I hope that whoever was in the car that crashed with his didn’t get hurt or die. There’s probably some other family crying over them right now.”

They all put their arms around each other and laid down, looking up with shiny eyes at the never-ending night sky, knowing that their friend was up there somewhere, looking back down at them.

1, 2, 3, 4…and there was the fifth, lying right beside them with his arm around Slash, knowing that no matter what happened, they would always be together.
Sign up to rate and review this story