Categories > Original > Drama

A Halloween I'll Never Forget

by Auntie-Shin 1 review

i wrote this one for a grade in school too. ill tell you my grade on this one too, but you should grade it for me

Category: Drama - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Published: 2008-10-14 - Updated: 2009-04-03 - 631 words - Complete

0Unrated
I was at a Halloween party, two years ago, dressed as a vampire, even though I am one. It was there that I fell in love, unknowingly, with another vampire, Vladimir.
My friend, Diamond, introduced us. As we walked up to him, I saw that he was dressed as a Sasquatch, and I didn’t yet know that he was a vampire.
“Vladimir, this is Jeffree, Jeffree, this is Vladimir.”
So we got to talking, him still in his furry Sasquatch costume, and I with a stereotypical vampire cape draped across my shoulders.
We talked about music, art, the theatre, anything that came to mind. We have so much in common; we both absolutely adored Da Vinci and loved to listen to classical music.
We walked through the house, up the spiral staircase, and onto a lone balcony, all while talking. But the whole time he would not remove the head of his Sasquatch costume, and I still hadn’t seen his face. This worried me a bit at first, but after a while I didn’t mind.
After about an hour of us talking, two very overly dressed women walked out onto the balcony and joined us.
“Oh, love, your skin, it’s so pale, and so cold!” The redhead exclaimed, reaching up and touching my face.
“It’s better than this guys’ furry costume,” Her black-haired friend said in reply.
“Tracy, come feel his skin,” The redhead said as I watched her friend walk towards me and almost fall.
“Hey, Amy, it’s to cold to be outside, I’m going in,” Tracy replied.
“Wait for me! Bye, boys,” Amy said kissing my cheek and walking away.
Vladimir and I began talking again, this time about clothes when all of a sudden, Vladimir stopped dead in the middle of a sentence, and slowly took off his mask. He had luxuriously long, blonde hair, and skin as white as mine. I reached up and caressed his cheek softly.
“A vampire,” I whispered.
“What? No! It’s, um, make-up, I am most certainly not a vampire, they are not real,” he stammered.
“No, it’s ok,” I said softly, “I, too, am a vampire.”
He shook his head in disbelief.
“See?” I asked, showing him the two puncture marks on my neck.
“My goodness! You are!” He exclaimed. “I can’t be here, I must leave,” he added quickly.
“What? No,” I protested. “Why?”
“Ok, I haven’t told anybody this, but a few years back I went to a fortune teller that told me I would be turned into a vampire, I thought she was crazy but a couple of months later, I got theses,” here, he showed me the scars on his neck, “So I went back to the fortune teller and this time, she told me that a vampire would destroy me, so I’ve ridden myself of vampires ever since.
“And I, you, Jeffree, but I must go,” he said as he ripped off the rest of his Sasquatch costume, revealing a white linen shirt and black dress pants. He jogged to the edge of the building, he looked as if he was going to jump, but I grabbed him by the hand. He kissed me softly on the cheek, let go of my hand, and jumped, but instead of falling, he flew off into the night.
I, alone, walked down the stairs, out to the house, and towards my own. I got there in mere minutes, and removed the costume cape. I locked the door and shut the blinds of all the windows. I laid down to sleep, on my cushiony bed, and as I slowly closed my eyes, a single blood red tear escaped from the corner of my eye.


I GOT 40/40!!! I'm sooo Happy!
Sign up to rate and review this story