Categories > Books > Harry Potter > A Time of Happiness

Chapter Four

by Immortal_Aussie 0 reviews

Expecting this summer to be the worst of his life and possibly his last, Harry receives the ultimate surprise and chance of a life time

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Harry,Tom Riddle - Warnings: [!] [X] [?] - Published: 2008-10-15 - Updated: 2008-10-16 - 899 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter Four


Max collapsed onto his bed, exhausted. It had been nearly three months since he had arrived in the past and he was enjoying nearly every aspect of it- the one aspect he wasn't enjoying was the amount of homework he and the others were receiving, it was the reason why he was currently lying on his bed completely and utterly tired. He envied Tom, whom to all the work came easily- Max could tell why he was considered one of the brightest wizards to have graced the halls of Hogwarts.


On top of that Max had a big secret that nearly gave him a heart attack when he realized it. Maxwell Jones was in love. That wasn't the worse of it at all; he was in love with Tom Riddle, the future Dark Lord and the man who had killed his parents.


He was just about to drift off for a nap when a voice yelled up the stairs, "Hey Max! Get yourself down here so we can play a game of Truth or Dare."


Max groaned and rolled over and lifted himself out of bed yelling, "Coming Patrick!" Patrick was a fifth year and Max assumed he was also Millicent's grandfather on her father's side since they shared the same surname.


Once he was in the common room he collapsed onto the floor between Tom and Abraxas who both smirked, "Smooth Max, real smooth," Tom said, "You could easily have been mistaken for a muggle-loving hooligan with that action," Tom added on teasingly.


"Oi, shut up git!" Max groaned while whacking Tom around the back of his head. "You know how I feel about being called muggle-loving," and it was true, Max did hate muggles to an extent that would have made any future Death Eater proud.


"Why do you think I do it?" Tom asked him grinning. The two of them loved teasing each other though it got on their friends nerves, they enjoyed it quite a bit since they were always at it.


"Cause you're bloody annoying?" Max retaliated while throwing a pillow at Tom's head.


Before Tom could retaliate Abraxas cast silencing charms on the two of them as well as binding them so they couldn't throw things at each other. "Now guys, settle down. We get enough of your teasing each other the rest of the time so could you please last a few minutes without it? We do want to get on with this game, don't we?" Abraxas asked them in his best teacher like voice which resulted in the two young men glaring at him before nodding in agreement.


"Fantastic!" John shouted as they were released. "Let's start this game; I want to find out everyone's secrets!" John had always been easy to excite and he loved this sort of gossip but you could always trust him with your secrets which was a good thing.


Slowly the game progressed until the truths were getting extremely personal and the dares weirder and weirder. The truths started out as your favourite kind of foods and harmless things like that and had now progressed to things to which teacher you would shag and similar topics like that. The dares had progressed from singing a song to running around the common room naked at the next full house meeting.


Now it was Max's turn again. "How would you change the world and why?" John asked him since he had just gone. At that question all Max could think was 'Make sure Tom doesn't become evil and turn into a Dark Lord' and he knew he couldn't say that if his life depended on it but that was what he wanted to do as he truly remorseful for his actions in the war. He actually hated the war full stop but he couldn't help but think what would have happened if he had, had the chance to listen to Voldemort's reasons on why he was fighting the war.


"Dare," Max finally settled on. He couldn't think of anything else. He could have sworn he heard Abraxas mutter "finally" for this was the first dare he had taken.


"Snog Tom," John told him.


Max had to groan. He had to snog the one person he loved and who would never love him back. Glancing over at Tom he saw he was feeling the same way he did. Probably didn't want to snog Max as there was just friendship on Tom's part, Max was sure of that.


Max thought he might as well and get it over and done with, so he scrambled over to where Tom was sitting and straddled his legs. Leaning in Max took a deep breath and kissed Tom lightly on the lips. Soon they were kissing like there was no tomorrow.


When they came apart for air Tom whispered, "Love you Max."


Max swore his heart stopped then but when he realized that Tom had actually said that he replied by kissing him again quickly and whispering, "Love you too."
"Well since that's over and done with, time to get ready for bed," John said grinning and that was when the two of them realized they had been set up but they didn't care at all- well just enough to through a pillow at John's head so not much at all.

Fin

To be continued in the sequel: A Time of Peace
Sign up to rate and review this story