Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Tortured Soul

Tortured Soul

by easykeys 2 reviews

One-shot

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Characters: Gerard Way - Published: 2008-10-15 - Updated: 2008-10-15 - 247 words

1Insightful
Another night, another show, another beer. That was basically his life at that moment. Wake up and drink, do a show, drink some more, pass out because of too much drink, wake up and start again. It was an ongoing cycle and he just couldn't seem to find the strength to break it. He was not only deystroying himself but the others that surrounded him, Mikey felt it the worst. Having to watch his older brother slowly kill himself, the worst part was he couldn't help him. Nobody could at the time. The rest of the band tried, Brian tried, even Donna his mom couldn't talk any sense into him, it was as if he wanted to die. They later found out he did. Drink and drugs were making him suicidal, he had given up on himself and on life. It was as though he needed a missing part of his life, something to replace the alcohol and drugs. Some thought he needed love, others thought he needed money and some just thought he was a junkie. Maybe he was, maybe he was born to live his life like that, then throw it all away on cheap drugs, booze and eventually suicide. But of course not because if that was the case he wouldn't be standing there on that stage right now, 11th August 2005, telling the crowd how he had been sobre for one whole year.

His name is Gerard Way, and he is a recovered alcoholic.
Sign up to rate and review this story