Categories > Original > Fantasy

The Parallel - into the abyss - Intro

by Ember 0 reviews

A girl who gets dragged into other worlds, characters from different shows and my own P>S only intro should get better also be kind its my first =)

Category: Fantasy - Rating: PG - Genres: Fantasy - Published: 2008-10-25 - Updated: 2008-10-25 - 1240 words

0Unrated
The Parallel
Into the abyss


The night had taken over the whole sky and it was completely silent, well what else could be expected it was around 11:00 PM. A girl of 17 lied on her bed facing out to two wide windows, one of which opened, onto a road on the other side of her back garden fence. There had been nights when it was clear, when stars could be seen and a bright moon, if watched long enough, could be seen moving across the sky but there was no such night tonight it was cloudy and cold. Orange lights gave it a strange eeriness and a group of tree’s to the right had turned pitch black. Around bonfire night people in a house just over the fence as well as others close by did fireworks so there was never any need for her to buy her own it was one of a few pleasures she had when at home.
The girl had brown wavy hair which she tried to straiten but it never stayed, dark blue eyes and a roundish face. She hardly ever wore make-up since she hated the perfected images that she was objected to though she secretly wished she could look like them, there had been many times when she had looked out of that window and wished she could fly, see things that many people could only dream of. She preferred her dreams to reality any day, free to do what she liked with no limitations or restrictions, daydreaming was one her favourite things to do, dreaming about the anime shows and movies imagining that she was living one of those unnatural lives usually while listening to music. Music was a love of hers the distant, light sensation. Music can be used to match someone’s feelings or even change someone’s mood, most of the music listened by her was upbeat and seemed to almost make her braver or stronger. She would have loved to have gone out and explore but doubts were always in her head. Trapped. A prisoner in her own mind besides if she told anyone this they probably think she was crazy so always kept her dreams to herself.
“Urrgghh” the brown haired tosses over face down onto the pillow. Do I have to get up now she thought. The sun shone brightly through the window and with her eyes squinted it looked like thin golden lines constantly changing in length and stretching out towards her. It still looked cold outside and thick clouds could be seen passing over the vast sky but every now and then bright patches would appear and it was one of these which blinded the girl and woke her up.
After getting dressed and something to eat she went outside to go to a small shop nearby, it had brightened up again but still bitterly cold, why couldn’t have I been born in a warmer country “brrrrrrr”. As she walked up over on another small road she passed the meadow gate which led onto well popular walkways led by dog owners and a short cut to a junior school friend as she passed it she thought of a memory of a huge field her and a friend once when on, “hmmm I never found that place again” she thought, and of seeing two people riding there dirt bikes around the place. Three people could be seen walking out of the gate, they were three guys all around her age there was one with quite long white hair another slightly taller with brown hair and the smallest one had spiky black hair. The brown haired one and the smaller one seemed to be arguing slightly “Where are we meant to go from here?” said the brown haired guy
“I don’t know Joey?” responded the smaller one
“Maybe we should just go back we might be able to go home the way we came?” said the white haired boy
“Are you forgetting WE DON’T KNOW HOW WE GOT HERE” said the frustrated Joey “we’ll just have to find out were we are first” said the spiky haired boy.
Trying to ignore the conversation she walked on, “it’s non of my business I’m sure they’ll be alright she thought“. Walking back from the shops the three boys had gone and she felt a bit bad that she hadn’t helped them. Later that day she was heading over to a friends house, “she really aught to get her phone fixed” she thought “aren’t they them people I saw this morning”. The three of them spotted her and started whispering
“whaa why me?” the white haired boy said then carried on arguing between each other “I’ll go ask” said the spiky haired person and walked over to her
“excuse me could you tell me where I am?” the spiky haired boy asked
“Urmston”
“Urmston?”
“Yeah” a bit confused “Manchester”
“oh thanks” and runs back to the other two
They then mutter and walk back the way they came. “Strange”
“I can’t believe I walked all that way for nothing, how could she not be in?” the brown haired girl asked herself as she walked back down the road which passed by the meadows then she stopped and stared it was those three guys again heading back down to the meadows.
“See weren’t it genius of me to think of going back to were we started from” said Joey
“Wait! I said that from the very beginning” the white haired boy said angrily
“Did you?” Joey said then laughed “are you sure? I still think I thought of it”
“How is it I keep seeing them” she thought “I wonder were they are going”, so she followed them through the gates trying to not let them notice her. It had started to go dark despite it being quite early, again like the night before the sky was cloudy and a vast dark shadow covered the entire ground, a few dark shaped figures of horses stood on the far end of the field.
She followed the three up too a turn of the path but instead of them following the path round they went through the trees and bushes. Stopping dead she stared at the trees they went through and looked back at the path that led home, hesitantly she took a step forward, closed her eyes then opened them again and hurried forward in the direction the three went. When she got through she was on the edge of a clearing, the dark grass was long and a light breeze cleared the hair from her eyes. A break in the clouds had revealed the moon which gave everything a shimmering glow, she couldn’t believe how fast the night had come. The three guys were standing in the middle of the field looking about for something then Joey called the other two over last thing she saw were them walking forward then all of a sudden they disappeared. Shocked she ran over to were they were standing “ Unbelievable, where’d they go?” she said quietly. She started looking round they had completely vanished then she spotted something sparkling hovering low to the ground near where she was as she went closer she felt something pulling her and as she got dragged a flash of blinding light appeared. She screamed.
Sign up to rate and review this story