Categories > Celebrities > Simple Plan > How Could This Happen To Me?

Time and Time Again

by basketball_is_life 0 reviews

PG, no foul language this time=)

Category: Simple Plan - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Characters: Chuck Comeau,David Desrosiers,Jeff Stinco,Pierre Bouvier,Sebastien Lefebvre - Published: 2008-11-05 - Updated: 2008-11-06 - 1002 words

0Unrated
Chapter 3

When I woke up today, I felt a sharp pain in my head, but ignored it as soon as I heard a group of familiar voices outside on my wet, dirt covered, driveway. It was around 11:30, the beauty of summer vacation. No classes, no homework, no getting up at 6:00. But then again, since we’re in Montreal, there weren’t many tanning beaches around either. My parents were on a business trip together; my dad was in Atlanta to listen to a potential band to sign.

I stuck my pillow-marked face out the window, and saw David, Jeff, Seb, Pierre, and Chuck, staring up at my window, with David holding a few rocks in his hand. I held up a finger, and ran downstairs to open the door. Ever since I met all of Chuck’s friends, I’ve been hanging out with them almost every day, or just a few of them. I opened the door, just as I realized that I was still wearing my skin tight, 2 sizes to small, too many holes in it camisole, and my short – and I mean SHORT - old volleyball shorts. David was grinning, and Jeff was shaking his head. I thought he was shaking his head at my hooker-like outfit, until he said,

“David was thinking of throwing rocks at your window to wake you up, and he threw one, and then we realized that your window was open, and probably hit you in the head.” David smiled sheepishly, and waved. I rubbed my head, and remembered the sharp pain I had felt when I woke up that morning.

“Reniiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii! What took you so long to answer the doooorrrr?” David rang in a hyper voice. “I could have ran around your house a hundred times before you went down the stairs and opened the door.” I smiled at him, but answered Jeff’s statement.

“Haha, it’s no problem, I’m used to waking up in the morning with a giant pain in my head, because I got hit in the head by a rock that was thrown through a window, because somebody forgot the window was open.” I said, and David’s face turned red. Then I turned red, because I realized that I was standing in the pouring rain, with messed up hair, messed up outfit, and looking like a five year old.

“Uh…Do you want to come in?” I offered, but before I had even finished the question, three of them were already inside, hanging their jackets on the coat rack. I sighed, because, of course, boys will be boys.

I followed them inside, then ran upstairs to put some appropriate – as my mother would say – clothes. I ran upstairs to put on some bright red skinny jeans, grey and white zebra print tank-top that David gave me, and a black hoodie. I went down the stairs, two at a time, and skipped into the kitchen, where they were all sitting at the island, and David shaking his right leg in a constant rhythm. I grabbed some bread and popped it in the toaster, and faced the 5 guys.

“So, do you guys want anything to eat or something?” I asked, knowing the answer already, and I was walking towards the pantry to grab whatever they wanted today. Today, they wanted macaroni and cheese – for breakfast? I mean…honestly. Oh right. It’s 11:35- and David hopped down from the barstool and opened the fridge.

“WHAT IS THAT? IS THAT RAW FISH AND RICE AND SEAWEED?” He yelled. I doubt that boy has heard of sushi before.

“It’s sushi, David. Want to try?” I asked.

“Ch’yeah” he grinned, and grabbed the whole tray of about 25 California rolls from the fridge, stuffing 2 hastily in his mouth. He took about 2 seconds to chew all of it and swallow it in one gulp, paused, and grinned.

“This stuff is awesome!” He exclaimed, and shoved two more into his mouth. The other 5 of us smiled, and shook our heads. This is why we all loved David. But I’m not sure if I still like him just as a friend. Gosh. He’s just so lovable.

My toast finished toasting, and I grabbed it, sat down at the island with the 5 of them, who were eating straight out of the three pots of macaroni and cheese on the table, and the sushi that David was eating pompously. We sat there talking about normal stuff, Seb was talking about this new song by Oasis called ‘Wonderwall’, and Jeff was talking about the new Fender Guitar that he had bought with his latest paycheck.

About 10 minutes later, Pierre announced that we were going Go-Carting today. I groaned. Being my klutzy self, I would probably trip onto the track and get hit by a Go-Cart. But I didn’t oblige, because I loved hanging out with all of them, we were all total dorks who didn’t care what other people thought. I mentioned what I thought would happen at the track, and Chuck laughed and replied,

“Haha, no problem Reni, I’ll catch you if you fall.” I grinned, and David interrupted, saying,

“But I’d push him over and catch you, so he could get hit by a Go-Cart.” He said, grinning more than me, and hopping up and down in a spot.

I laughed, and said, “I don’t mind who catches me, just as long as I don’t get hit by a Go-Cart.”

“THEN LETS GOOOOO!!!” David shouted, as we all stood up to grab our skateboards and head out the door. I smiled, and stopped, realizing that it was raining. I didn’t have any waterproof clothes yet, because I didn’t have a need for them in California. Pierre saw that I was looking lenient, and gave me his jacket to wear. I smiled and put it on, placing one foot on my board, ready to see what lies ahead of me, with, or without, David Desrosiers.
Sign up to rate and review this story