Categories > Anime/Manga > Yami no Matsuei > Twisted Shadows

Chapter 1: Vigils and Meetings - Reaction

by Ariel_Tempest 0 reviews

Two partners meet for the second time.

Category: Yami no Matsuei - Rating: R - Genres: Drama - Characters: Hisoka, Muraki, Tatsumi, Watari, Other - Warnings: [!] [?] - Published: 2006-03-11 - Updated: 2006-03-12 - 392 words

0Unrated


The boy hadn't put up a fight when he was told who his partner would be, not even after being told what his partner had been. It was odd.

"You're certain this arrangement is to your liking?" Konoe asked, eyeing the slender, green eyed boy in front of him. "If you'd like another partner, I'm certain we could find..."

"It'll be fine." Hisoka cut him off, staring disinterestedly out the window. "I don't care who my partner is. I just want someone who'll do their share of the work."

"Well." The older man grimaced slightly. "No one's ever said Muraki didn't do that."

*

"So, who's Konoe kaichou going to have sitting in the wings for when this one dumps him?" Watari asked, looking across the room at the newcomer.

"I don't know." Tatsumi grimaced, the look in his eyes a bit more suspicious.

Amber eyes turned to the secretary. "It would be a pity if he broke us up, but I'm about the only one in the department who hasn't worked with Muraki yet. They might have us switch." An impish grin spread across the scientist's face. "Could be interesting."

"Be careful what you ask for, Watari. You just might get it."

*

They'd looked like they were going to be perfect partners. They had the same drive, the same commitment to details, the same habit of keeping others at a distance.

The one point where they hadn't matched was their viciousness. They were both ruthless, tracking down straying souls with the tenacity of wolf hounds, but Tatsumi never went beyond what it took to retrieve that soul. Muraki did. Frequently. He was reprimanded, of course, but still...

Now Tatsumi watched their new recruit and wondered, why had the boy caved in so easily?

Have you done something we don't know about, Muraki?

*

The door clicked behind them, leaving the new partners to "get acquainted."

Green eyes narrowed. Silver ones smiled back.

"I was wondering when, exactly, I'd be seeing you, Kurosaki-kun. Welcome."

The boy hissed. "Let me go you shit eating bastard!"

"Now, now, Kurosaki." The doctor smiled, too sweet. "If we're going to be partners, we're going to have to try to get along." His tone turned dangerous. "And we are going to be partners, aren't we?"

Red lines skimmed across Hisoka's skin and he grimaced. "Damn you, yes."

"Oh good."


Sign up to rate and review this story