Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > My Deadly Chemical Life (Sequel to My Simple Chemical Life)

The Reunion

by Moonshyne 2 reviews

William, Madison and Elisabeth are reunited.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Characters: Bob Bryar - Warnings: [!!!] - Published: 2008-11-10 - Updated: 2008-11-10 - 2151 words - Complete

0Unrated
It was a few hours before the cruise ship finally got going and was again heading to the Cayman Islands. William and Dan watched what had unfolded earlier that day on satellite television. Dan looked at his employer who stared in disbelief what was happening. The worst part was he didn’t know what was going on with his daughter. He had to call the hospital as soon as possible. But if he revealed that he was found too soon, he would never have the privacy he needed with his daughter. He wanted to know how his fragile baby had held up through the whole mess. He never knew just how strong Madison had become over the past few months.

Madison fell asleep on Bob’s shoulder after crying her eyes out. Bob wanted to go outside and call Ray to find out how Bobby was doing. He wished he was there because right now he needed to wrap his arms around the little tyke just to know he was real. He also needed to wrap his mind around things like how Ali and James were now dead. Once upon a time he did really love her and it hurt that Bobby wouldn’t have his real mother. He looked at Madison hoping that she would be okay with helping him raise Bobby. He gently removed her from his shoulder and softly crept out of the bed doing his best not to disturb her. He left for the stairs that would take him outside to the cool Caribbean breezes.

Madison was groggy and still more than half asleep when she heard yelling from the hallway, “I want to see my daughter.” Madison knew she was sleeping because she swore it was her father’s voice that she heard, but knew it was impossible. She closed her eyes and waited for the noise to subside when she found herself drifting again. Moments later she felt someone grazing her forehead with a kiss. She murmured quietly “I love you Bob.”

“I love you too, but I’m not Bob.”

Madison slowly opened her eyes, then shut them again only to open them seconds later. “Am I dead?” she asked the figure beside her.

“No,” said the figure.

“Then I’m going crazy.”

“No sweetheart you’re not going crazy. I’m back.”

Madison started trembling as her father wrapped his arms around her and held her tight. She thought she had already cried out all the tears she had. But she obviously had more except this time they were tears of joy.

Bob walked into a scene of a man holding Madison and her crying. “Get the fuck away from her!” he screamed.

“Bob no,” she cried.

The man turned around and Bob’s jaw dropped. “You look like you’ve seen a ghost, Bob.”

“Wouldn’t be the first time,” smiled the drummer.

Right behind him was a bunch of get well balloons along with a plant. Elisabeth put them down next to Madison finally seeing her visitor. Her mouth opened wide and she covered it with her hands. “Daddy?” she said barely audible. He wrapped his arms around his younger daughter who was now sobbing uncontrollably.

“Shhhh baby, it’s okay.”

“How? We heard Mark had shot you and the plane crash was horrible,” said Derek who was noticed for the first time.

“The plane had stopped to refuel in Jamaica, Mark then took me at gunpoint and took me to a deserted island, and it was there that he shot me. Dan was suspicious when Mark told him to head home without me, considering our plan was to meet you girls in Hawaii for vacation. He fired Sarah and Sam and made them take a commercial flight home. I’m sure they were pissed at the time and hopefully they realized he was saving their lives.”

“They were at the service,” said Elisabeth.

“Service?” asked William.

“We thought you were dead, we had a memorial service at the Art Institute, it was actually quite beautiful if I do say so myself,” smiled Elisabeth.

“Dan took off and noticed that something was going on with the fuel and the engine was getting hot. He went to check on a compartment and that’s when he found the bomb. He saw that it only had five minutes left on it so he grabbed the crash kit and a parachute, then jumped from the plane. I think it exploded like two minutes later. He was lucky he didn’t get hit by any falling debris. Somehow he ended up on the same island as me. He had a first aid kit and the raft but lost the locator device to the bottom of the ocean. He was a medic in the army so when he found me he was able to remove the bullet and patch me up. It took a while for me to heal, but I finally did. The survival kit included a knife so we started gathering small trees together and made a makeshift raft. W waited until the conditions were ideal and then we took off. I owe that man my life.”

“We’re just so happy you’re here and alive,” said Madison.

Suddenly Elisabeth had a huge smile on her face, “What’s that smile for pumpkin?”

“While you were off playing wilderness man, and Madison was playing America’s Most Wanted, Mark’s family was contesting your will. They were saying since he was the last beneficiary the money should go to them. And a stupid judge let it go through. I can’t wait to see their faces when they find out you’re alive and they’re case has no basis.”

William smiled at his daughter she really had a great legal mind. “Elisabeth, have you thought of what kind of lawyer you want to be?”

“Criminal.”

William looked down hoping his daughter wanted corporate.

“Dad is you looking for a lawyer?” asked Madison.

“Well since my former is dead and buried, yeah I believe I am.”

“Well there’s this lawyer Rachel, who was unbelievable when she defended Bob and me. Maybe she might be interested.”

“Why would a criminal lawyer want corporate?”

“Well it her husband is a cop, I thought maybe it might be helpful to their marriage. Right now they have to keep it a secret, so maybe it would be nice if they could be more open about it.”

“I’ll ask, she might not want to give up criminal law,” said William.

It was then that a nurse walked in. “Okay visiting hours are over.” Then she looked over at William, “And you should be in the emergency room getting more fluids.”

“I had to see my daughter.”

“Well you’ve seen her. I’ll get an orderly to make sure you get down there.”

William smiled as he thought, ‘this will take a while’.

Elisabeth bent down and gave her sister and her father kisses on the cheek. Derek shook William’s hand and gave Madison a kiss on the cheek also. Bob kissed Madison on the forehead, “I’m gonna walk them out and then have a smoke. I’ll be back in a little while.” Bob smiled weakly at William as he headed to the door.

The group left leaving only Madison and her father. “So are you and Bob back together?”

“Yeah and it’s the greatest feeling in the world.”

“I wish I could have been there for you.”

“Its okay dad, I’m glad you’re here now.”

“So you’re gonna be a mom?”

“I lost my baby, dad.”

“You were pregnant?”

“With Mark’s baby.”

“I’m so sorry sweetheart; I was talking about Bob’s son.”

“Funny thing about that dad.”

Madison sat there and explained everything. They talked about Elisabeth and Mark. A little while later an orderly showed up and took William away.

Bob passed William as he headed back to Madison’s room. “Take care of my little girl,” William said as he passed by.

Bob went into the room and sat next to Madison who was smiling.

“Hey beautiful.”

“Hey yourself handsome.” Bob rolled his eyes still not getting used to any one thinking he was anything but ordinary.

She scooter over so he could lie next to her. He wrapped his arms around her as she laid on his chest. “What are you thinking about?”

“How this morning we were about freeing you, then this afternoon I was crying over my lost baby, and now tonight you couldn’t wipe the smile off my face.”

“It’s been a rollercoaster of emotions today.”

“What took you so long?”

“I decided to call Ray and talk with Bobby.”

“How is he?”

“I don’t know he’s been fussing and calling out for mama and dada. Ray and Christa are doing their best, but how do you explain to a seven month old that his mama and dada are gone. You can’t.”

“Do you want to go back?”

“No, they’re fine plus it gives them a look at what having a baby is really like.”

“And…”

“They’re going to stick to just Bauer for now.”

Madison yawned, “I’m exhausted.”

“I bet, between the day you had and having those drugs pumped into you.”

“Please be sure that this isn’t a dream and I wake up tomorrow and my father is still dead.”

“Well if it’s a dream we’re having the same one. Night baby I love you.”

“I love you too,” she said softly and she soon fell asleep.

The weeks past and they were back in Chicago sitting in Bob’s living room playing with Bobby before Bob’s mom was going to take him for the night.

“I have something I want to ask you tonight, but there’s something I need to tell you first.”

“Is this what the romantic dinner is for?” She asked.

“Yeah, I think we need to talk.”

“Are you going to tell me why you’ve been kind of distant since we left the Caymans?”

Bob looked in her eyes, leaned forward and kissed her. They were soon interrupted by the doorbell.

Bobby looked at the door and started crawling as fast as his legs would take him.

“Come here you,” said Bob as he scooped him up. Bobby started giggling as he held on to Bob.

Bob opened the door and there was his Mom. Bobby leaned over to be held by her. “Wait til she gets in the door big guy.”

Eloise got in and took her ‘grandson’ away from Bob. Bobby loved staying with Grandma. After getting his diaper bag a hoodie and his carrier, Bob and Madison walked his mother and Bobby into the car. Bob made sure that he was all buckled in before giving him a kiss on the forehead, and waving bye-bye. Madison did the same. They stood at the end of the walk way waving as they car slowly made its way to the end of the street.

Bob made lasagna and they had an expensive bottle of wine with dinner. After they were done and the dishes were cleared Bob escorted Madison to the couch. He sat down next to her and took out a small box. Madison’s heart was beating a mile a minute. ‘Was he going to propose?’ she thought and her next thought was, ‘were they even ready for such a huge step, they weren’t even living together?’

Bob took her hand and looked into her eyes. “I love you so much, I’ve always loved you, and I want to take this relationship further. I’m not asking for your hand in marriage, we both know we’re not ready for that yet. But I am asking you to move in with me and Bobby. I know he absolutely adores you almost as much as I do. And I have caught him calling you mama a couple of times. I can’t give you the palatial mansion you live in right now, I can only give you what I have. But before you answer I need to tell you something, something that could affect our whole relationship.”

“Nothing could change the way I feel about you.”

Bob took a deep breath and slowly exhaled, knowing his next words could destroy everything they worked so hard for. But he also knew he had to tell her everything he knew about what happened the night Mark was killed. “There’s something you don’t know about what I knew happened that night. I knew Ali and Brad had shot Mark. I saw them leaving your driveway, they almost hit me.”

“Why didn’t…”

“I also know something else that I should have told you, I killed Mark.”
Sign up to rate and review this story