Categories > Celebrities > Guns n' Roses > First Date

The River and The Rose

by midnight_moonlight 5 reviews

Izzy sits and thinks beside the Mississippi before Slash asks a question that Izzy wasn't expecting.

Category: Guns n' Roses - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Erotica,Horror - Warnings: [!!] [X] - Published: 2008-11-12 - Updated: 2008-11-12 - 1452 words

2Exciting
The Mississippi River slides through the centre of New Orleans like a vein. Instead of blood, it oozes with stinking water. Dark and muddy water that hides God only knows what. Gold coins, long lost heirlooms and bodies. Not even the moon can find the courage to bless this rank river with its light. It obviously doesn't want to see what blurred reflection it would have, doesn't want to associate itself with the sludgy waters that harbour goodness knows what.

I sit beside it, watching as the odd tourist paddle steamer manages to push through it, cutting through the dark water slowly and surely, quiet thieves in the night. My eyes watch as the water swirls around the bow and I shiver, lips tightening around the lit cigarette.

"You okay?" a voice by my head quietly asks.

Nodding, I turn and look at the shadow that is Slash. The only thing visible from the lion's mane of hair is a cigarette, burning brightly in the dark night. It hisses and crackles as he draws in, the tiny cherry of light moving along the white stick of tobacco.

"You don't look it," he whispers, head turning to me.

I assume, as I've always assumed, that he can see me from beneath those rebellious curls.

"I am," I whisper, turning my attention back to the slow moving boat. "Just..."

A hand on my shoulder, arms wrapping around me and the sweet scent of Slash's shampoo in my nostrils.

"I'm just scared." I hate admitting it but it's got to come out.

"He's dead." Strong hands tighten around me, long fingers stroking my bare arms. I shiver and my arms become covered in goosebumps. "He's gone, Izz, gone for good."

But has he? Has he gone forever? Or is he lurking somewhere, waiting for the optimum moment to make his comeback? Because, knowing Bill, it'll be a big comeback. Spectacular. Probably with fireworks and ticker tape.

"So where'd his body go?" I ask, lifting my head to look into Slash's hidden face. "It just magically disappeared, did it?"

Slash's shoulders rise and fall and he sighs. "Could have done. You know Axl wasn't completely all of this world. Part of whatever made him had to have come from somewhere else."

I feel my eyes widen and I pull back a little, pressing myself against the cool bench we're seated on.

"What?" I whisper, raising an eyebrow.

Slash shrugs, flicking away the cigarette. It hits the river, hissing momentarily before disappearing beneath the water.

"The second he killed my mother, he gave a part of his soul to the Devil," Slash said with a small sigh. "It wouldn't surprise me if the Devil owned all of Axl's soul a long time before my mother died."

I carry on watching him, unsure of what he's saying.

"How does this relate to his body vanishing?" I quietly ask, trying to push for more information.

Leaning back into the bench, Slash looks out of the darkened river, pausing for a moment to listen to the water lapping at the shore.

"The Devil came for him." Slash doesn't look at me, instead reaching for his cigarettes. He shakes one out, lighting it and holding it out to me.

Reaching out, I take it and place it between my lips, slowly drawing on it as I follow Slash's gaze to the river.

"The Devil took him," he quietly continues, "and dragged his body to Hell."

"So he's not coming back?" I blow smoke up and into the air, watching it curl in front of the moon before dissipating.

"Dunno," Slash quietly replies, as if the magic of the city is beginning to take over him. His movements have become slower and there's less of the craziness that there was in LA.

I sigh and smoke for a moment, just staring, staring at nothing in particular. I can hear people partying, people singing and dancing, their voices being carried over the river and towards us. I let my thoughts drift with them, thinking back to sweeter, more innocent times.

"Fuck... Bill...Fuck..."

He's there, on his knees before me, young, supple lips wrapped around my cock. I lean against a tree by the train tracks, my sixteen year old body reacting as a velvety soft tongue flicks along my length, teasing. Emerald green eyes watch mine, a little glazed as a nervous smile.

He'd wanted to suck my cock, wanted to experience something sexual. So, on that warm summer evening, he'd pressed me against the gnarly bark of the old tree and kissed me. Sweet, honey-suckle kisses, pressed over and over to my lips, kitten soft tongue flicking over my lips. I'd sighed and bowed, shagging as Bill had gently stroked my hair, fingers exploring my body as he slowly slid to the floor. Long, deathly pale fingers tugged my old and torn jeans down and a moment later, whisper soft breath wraps around my cock and the world melts into nothing.


"Izzy..." Slash's voice breaks into my thoughts and I watch as my memories disappear, mixing with the mist that floats over the river.

I turn and look at him. He's pushed his hair behind his ears and, for the first time tonight, I can see his eyes. They're dark, deep pools and I can feel myself falling. He bites his lip and sighs quietly.

"Izz..." He shuffles closer, nearly nose to nose with me. I can feel his breath, scented with cigarettes and sweet alcohol, wash over my face. "Izz, I spoke to someone and..."

I shuffle closer to him, my breath coming in short bursts as I look at him, watch him, listen to him trying to change the subject, trying to chase Axl from my mind.

"... he says...."

I bit my lip, listening intently, watching Slash.

"... he can perform a ceremony...."

Go on! I silently beg, eyes wide and breath coming in short pant.

Slash's eyes widen, his nostrils flaring as he looks at me. Time seems to stand still, freezing around us.

Slash opens his mouth, words falling from it, "Will you marry me?"

It's a jumble of words and emotions. I can feel tears beginning to prick my eyes but, for once, they're tears of happiness, tears of joy. I wrap my arms around Slash's neck and press him against the bench as I hungrily kiss him.

Yes! Yes! A million times yes!

I climb into his lap, kissing and tugging on his hair. He rears up beneath me, groaning as his hands settle in my back.

~~~~

We walk back through the city streets, hands linked as we take in the sights. People are still partying, voices loud as they spill from the bars and onto the streets. They seem to be singing and clapping for us. Izzy walks beside me, pressed close and my heart leaps as I look at him. He said yes. In fact, whenever he looks at me, he smiles and whispers it again, eyes sparkling. It's the happiest I've seen him in a long time.

We twist and turn through the people, watching as the ignore us and let us pass. Everything seems so bright, so cheerful. The smells are wonderful - Cajun food, sticky sweet alcohol, all mixed with clove and other odd smelling cigarettes.

We turn into the alleyway that leads to our tiny room. Unlocking the door, I hold it open for Izzy. He smiles and mouths yes before walking in. He leans against a wall and waits for me, opening his arms as I close the door. Grinning, I walk to him and step into arms, sighing as Izzy pulls me close and kisses me. We sigh and kiss, holding onto each other as our tongues explore the other's mouth. We squirm and pant, bucking and rubbing our crotches together. Love reignited by the prospect of spending forever together, joined by our hearts and rings on our fingers.

Pulling back, I lick Izzy's lips one last time before taking his hand again. Silently, we walk up the stairs and to the room. Pushing the door open, I reach in and flick the light on before turning to Izzy. He squeaks, eyes going wide as I swing him up into my arms.

"Isn't this supposed to wait?" he asks, nipping at my earlobe.

I grin like an idiot and shrug, carrying him in to the room and kicking the door shut. I'm about to dump him on the bed when I notice something.

"Izz..." I whisper.

He turns, arms around my neck and looks. There, on the pillow, is a single red rose. A single red rose with two, gold and bloody wedding rings around its thorny stem.
Sign up to rate and review this story