Categories > Celebrities > Backstreet Boys > Stay Away From My Daughter

I'll Make A Deal With You

by Litta 0 reviews

Casey and Kevin come to an agreement about her education and desire to join the group on tour.

Category: Backstreet Boys - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Published: 2008-11-18 - Updated: 2008-11-19 - 741 words - Complete

0Unrated
Kevin drove Casey back to her apartment after leaving the hospital. Thankfully the media still hadn’t found out about any of it, so they were alone. On the ride, Casey remained silent. She thought about her mother, missing her, wishing she’d had more time with her. She also wondered what she’d do now. Originally, she’d talked with her mother and they’d agreed that Casey would take a year off before going to college. She would earn some money and save up to pay for tuition and books. Now, though, Casey wondered if she wanted to go to college at all.

“Are you sure you don’t want to live with Kristin and me?” Kevin asked her for the third time since leaving the hospital.

“No. I told you, I would feel uncomfortable there. I don’t want to have to move everything either. I’m going to find a job and keep the apartment, at least until . . .” She trailed off, unsure of how to finish her sentence.

“Until what?” Kevin gave her a searching look, wondering what she was thinking. Casey looked anywhere but him, not sure how to tell him what she wanted to do.

“Um, I know you and the guys are working on a new CD and plan on going on another tour soon, so I was kind of hoping I could come with you on tour.”

“No.” Kevin dashed his hand through the air for emphasis, as if dashing any more ideas of hers that revolved around the same idea.

“I wouldn’t be any trouble. You know I’m well behaved. And it’s not like you have to worry about me missing school now.”

“What do you mean you wouldn’t miss any school? Aren’t you planning on going to college?” She bit her tongue then, knowing she’d made a mistake in bringing up school.

“Well, I –”

“Casey, you need to go to school.” Kevin wasn’t yelling at her, which she appreciated. He used the tone of voice that said he understood something she should but didn’t while he tried to explain why school was so important. “All of us in the group finished high school, but none of us ever went to college. I know I wish I could have, and I’m pretty sure I’m not the only one. You need to get a good education so you can get a good job someday. If you go on tour with us, what would you learn?”

“It’s not that I don’t want to go to college; I just want to wait a little while, you know, take a break from learning stuff. Mom and I had already planned on me taking a year off so I could get a job to start earning money for college.”

“I don’t think it’s a good idea for you to come on tour with us. Taking a year off to earn money is understandable, but taking time off to go on tour with us is a bad idea.”

“Why is it such a bad idea? Are you afraid I’ll do something stupid?”

“No, of course not.” Casey waited patiently for Kevin to get his thoughts in order. “I just don’t want you getting caught up in the spotlight that we live in. Sometimes it gets a little crazy. You remember what happened with AJ.”

“You know I’m not the kind of person who gets caught up in that kind of life. You made sure of that when I was growing up.”

“I know, I know.”

Both remained silent for a minute, thinking over their conversation. Kevin wanted more than anything for his daughter to graduate from college and go on to live a normal life, away from all the press and attention of his life. Casey wanted to spend more time with her father, especially now that her mother was gone, and thought the best way was to go on tour with him rather than have him leave her alone for another year. She wanted to finish college, but thought a year off would be nice. After a few more minutes, they spoke again and came to an agreement. Casey would get a job and complete one year of college and then Kevin would let her go on tour with them, so long as the other guys were okay with it.
Sign up to rate and review this story