Categories > Original > Drama > The Stupid Boy and the Outsider

Chapter 34

by joy2008 0 reviews

The Stupid Boy and the Outsider Chapter 34

Category: Drama - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2008-11-19 - Updated: 2008-11-20 - 1855 words - Complete

0Unrated
Author's Note: Hey guys here's another chapter. There's about 3 more chapters after this and it'll be finished. :'( That's kinda sad, BUT! I'm working on another one. I just started working on it and I have a feeling it's going to be a really long time before I start posting that. Haha I'm very nitpicky and need a basic plot of things before I actually start writing.

Also! http://www.myspace.com/nikkilorenzo808st That's my site. It's not for fanfics its a street team for a friend of mine. She's still getting started and getting her CD together, but she's great! Could you add it please? And say that you're from here so then I'm not giving you some simple generic "Thanks for the add" comment. Haha Please and thank you!

Chapter 34

Its Halloween day, three days since Jerby's out burst in Subway. JD and I were trying to talk to him about it since then, but he would never want to. He was a closed book and nothing could get through the front cover.

Ryan and Cindy tried to ignore Jerby's attitude toward them, but it was hard. The rest of us had a hard time ignoring it too. We were all getting close to Ryan and Cindy, hoping that Jerby was wrong.

Maybe he's thinking he's being replaced, but he's not!

"Happy Halloween!" Maya said as she got in Mrs. M's Highlander.

"Happy Halloween," everyone else said back.

"Candy?" Maya offered us.

"Yeah!" Nick shouted taking a bag of candy from her.

Maya made little packages of candy to hand out to her class and made some extra for us.

"Isn't it a little early for candy you guys?" Mrs. M asked looking at us through the rearview mirror, but mainly at Nick who was already sucking on a lollypop.

"But its Halloween," Nick replied.

Mrs. M just let out a small laugh and shook her head.

"So what are you guys planning for tonight?" Kevin asked from the front seat.

"Berna and Cindy will come home with us right after school and we'll hang out the rest of the night, nothing elaborate," Jackie said.

Jackie's parents were going away for the weekend, they would be gone before we all got home from school and instead of staying at our house like she usually did, Mr. M let her stay home to have a sleep over with the girls the whole weekend. I think he just didn't want her to stay in the same house as me.

"Why does your dad hate me now?" I asked.

"He doesn't hate you," Jackie and Mrs. M said at the same time.

"Well I'd hate to see him when he does hate me."

"Joe, you just have to know the dynamics of a father," Mrs. M said. "First of all Jackie is his only daughter, his pride and joy. He just wants to protect her from everything. I'm sure your father would feel the same way if he had a daughter. And secondly, he's male. No offense boys and I'm sure your parents raised you better than this, but men are a bit stubborn, pigheaded, and protective, he's especially protective of Jackie."

"So basically he doesn't hate you," Jackie explained. "He just hates that you're my boyfriend."

We got to school to see a few people dressed up in costumes.

"Happy Halloween guys," Rosa said as we caught up to her, Berna, and Cindy.

I guess she was waiting for Kevin. They're having their first date tomorrow.

"Hey. See you guys later," Kevin said to us and Rosa waved as they walked away.

"So will you guys be joining us girls tonight?" Cindy asked me.

"Umm..." Jackie interrupted before I could answer. "I don't think my parents would like that."

"And how exactly would they know?" Berna asked. "I doubt they'd care as long as you don't... do stuff. I mean what's wrong with just hanging out for a few hours?"

"I guess," Jackie caved.

"Geez, if you don't want us to come over, then we won't," I joked. Jackie playfully jabbed me in the stomach. "I don't actually know if we're coming over. Where are the guys anyway?"

"Ryan had to go to the library," Cindy answered.

"And I don't know where JD is, but Jerby headed to homeroom," Berna added.

He was definitely still upset with Cindy and Ryan.

Throughout the day Jerby didn't look as angry as he usually did. He looked more... sad. When I asked if he was gonna hang out after school he said no, but at the end of last period I got an "I'll ask my dad," out of him.

After dinner JD, Ryan, and Jerby showed up at our house. Ryan hung out with Kevin for a little bit while JD and I tried to talk to Jerby again, but nothing happened. He just sat there eating a piece of mom's pie.

Kevin and Ryan came down the stairs with Nick and Maya following behind, with Maya in her costume.

"Okay you guys ready to go?" Mrs. K asked them. She and mom were taking them trick-or-treating while dad stayed home and passed out candy.

"Yeah, let's go," Maya said.

Since they were leaving the rest of us decided to leave for Jackie's house too.

"Nick, aren't you a little old for trick-or-treating?" I asked as we all headed out the door.

"I'm just going with them. Maya said she's gonna share her candy," Nick said.

Their first stop was Jackie's house.

"Trick or treat," Nick and Maya said together.

"I thought you were just tagging along?" JD asked with a laugh.

"He's just saying it here'cause he knows I won't criticize about him being too old... like some people here," Jackie said handing each of them a small bag of candy.

She, Cindy, and Berna were sitting on the Mathews' doorsteps. They were eating pizza and some extra candy.

"See you girls later," mom said walking to the next house with Mrs. K, Maya, and Nick.

"Bye," the girls said back.

Jackie got up and said, "I'll go get you guys some chairs."

"I'll help," Kevin, Ryan, and I said together.

"Ryan and I will get them," Kevin said. "They're still in the shed right?"

Jackie nodded. "Thanks guys." She turned to JD and said, "you can take my seat next to Berna if you want. And there's another box of pizza if you guys want some."

A group of trick-or-treaters came up to us. Cindy was giving them their bags of candy when Kevin and Ryan got back with the chairs for the rest of us.

"Kiss?" Jackie asked shoving her hand in front of my face, a Hershey's Kiss in the palm of her hand as she popped an unwrapped Kiss in her mouth.

"Sure," I said taking the Kiss and giving her a kiss on the lips.

"Eww," I heard some kids say while a couple little girls giggled.

"Eww is right," Jerby said with a disgusted look on his face.

"Oh boo!" Berna said throwing some candy wrappers at us while everyone else laughed.

After 8:30 the streets were pretty empty. Mom and the others were already home and we decided to head into Jackie's house.

Before sitting next to me on the loveseat Jackie took out a notebook. She sat as far from me as possible and started writing in it.

"What are you writing?" Cindy asked.

"Yeah you're always writing in that thing," Berna said.

Jackie quickly closed the notebook. "It's nothing," was all she said.

"That's like her secret notebook. She wouldn't tell me what was in it. Joe too, remember?" Ryan asked me.

"Yeah I remember." I was happy then that Ryan didn't know what was in it too, still am actually.

"Are you gonna tell us?" Berna asked.

"Nope," Jackie answered.

"Maybe it's her own personal burn book," Cindy joked.

"It's always the quiet ones," JD joined in.

"She's probably writing sh!t about us," Berna said raising her eyebrow.

"Oh shut up you guys, it's not a burn book," Jackie told us.

After a little more joking around we decided to watch some TV. We all seemed to split off into pairs. Jackie and I took up the loveseat, Berna and JD were making out in Mr. M's recliner, Ryan and Kevin were sitting on the floor checking stuff out on Jackie's laptop, and Cindy and Jerby were sitting on opposite ends of the couch. I kinda felt sorry for those two.

"I can't take it anymore!" Jerby exploded all of a sudden. "Just tell me this is real and not a part of some plan."

We were all looking at Jerby confused. He was just standing there looking at the TV, but we didn't have time to ask him what he was talking about.

"This is real, I'm not going anywhere. I haven't betrayed you and I never will."

Jerby rushed to Cindy who was standing now and practically started making out with her.

I looked around to see if anyone knew what was going on, but they all looked as shocked as I felt.

"What's going on here?" Ryan asked when they pulled apart.

"I was being a jerk, that's what was going on," Jerby said still looking at Cindy.

"When Joe and Kristine started going out Jerby and I started talking on the phone and stuff," Cindy started to explain. "Even when they broke up Jerby would take me on little dates once in a while."

"And then Kristine's party happened," Jerby said.

"He got upset about what happened."

"She told me she wasn't a part of it, but... I didn't know what to believe."

"And when you guys left I went to look for Kristine and Francis. They were so mad that I wasn't there for them when Berna called them out in front of everyone," Cindy said. "I was so upset that Jerby broke up with me that I snapped. I gave her a pretty good bitching myself. So technically I left them, they didn't kick me out of their group."

Jerby leaned in to kiss her again. When he pulled away he said, "I'm sorry for being such a dick."

"I forgive you."

"I guess I should apologize to you guys too," Jerby said looking at all of us. "I was a jerk for a long time, especially to you Ryan. Sorry."

"I guess its okay. Just know, Cindy's like my sister, don't hurt her again," Ryan warned.

"Wow," Berna said. "The drama. No one's pregnant are they?"

Everyone looked around and for some reason landed on Jackie and me.

"We haven't done that," I said putting my hands up causing everyone to laugh.

Cindy sat down and pulled Jerby next to her on the couch.

"Great," Ryan said sarcastically looking at Kevin. "I'm stuck with couples."

Kevin chuckled and just shrugged before they continued surfing the web. The rest of us settled with watching an episode of Happy Days.

It was almost 10:30 when there was a kind of a bang sound, but more dull, like something hitting something else.
Sign up to rate and review this story