Categories > Games > Final Fantasy 7 > RenoRufus Drabbles

61-70

by Rufus_Shinra4179 0 reviews

Reno/Rufus Drabbles

Category: Final Fantasy 7 - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Humor - Characters: Reno,Rufus Shinra,Rude,Tseng,Elena - Published: 2008-11-23 - Updated: 2008-11-23 - 1318 words - Complete

0Unrated
Reno could never get enough of the rain. No matter where he was or what he’d done, it felt so wonderful on his skin and hair, made him feel clean and comforted. He couldn’t explain to anyone exactly why it had that effect on him but he supposed it was due to the fact that, living in the slums, they didn’t see it much. He heard people complaining about it but not him! That was he was on the roof at that moment, spinning around with arms spread wide and a huge grin on his face, being watched by a rather bewildered Rude.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Rufus sighed as he looked out at the window, at the rain as it fell and soaked everything it touched. “Do you suppose it’s all some cosmic retribution? The world wanted revenge?” He didn’t bother to turn around to see who it was. It didn’t matter. “Perhaps whatever deity is up there just enjoys the irony of the situation – that just when I realise the error of my ways and want to fix the world, I should be struck down with this DISGUSTING illness and be useless to everyone?” Rude frowned. “Sir, you’re not useless. I’m sure it must be hard for you but what you’re doing now, it’s a start...”

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

It was when Reno was at his quietest that he should be the most feared. Everyone knew that – some had learned the hard way but still, EVERYONE knew that. At least, until today, Rude had been sure that they did. It had taken Reno a full five minutes to reach that stage; a full five minutes of listening to two idiots say some rather disgusting things about the President, deliberately looking to start a fight. It had taken less than that to deal with them. They wouldn’t make any more mistakes.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Rufus stared at his secretary like she was crazy. Actually, given the fact that she’d witnessed him coming out to the world in general, he had to assume that she WAS crazy. Seriously, she was making a pass at him – if telling someone that you were crazy about them could be called that – hadn’t she been listening? “I’m sorry but before you proceed, I really do need to remind you that you just witnessed me telling reporters – in fact the world now – that I’m gay…” This didn’t have the effect he’d hoped for. She merely shrugged. “It’s a small barrier, I’d admit but I think we can definitely get past it – I KNOW we can get past it. Just kiss me and you’ll realise what you’ve been missing…” The idea that she could be a replacement for Reno… He held back his laughter until she was escorted from the room.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Elena laughed disbelievingly. “Let me put it in as simple a way as I can to you, Reno – it’s wrecked. You threw it out a window, down several flights in fact. You didn’t really expect it to work again, did you?” Reno grinned sheepishly. “Hey, you’re always saying these things are magic…” She closed her eyes, started counting to ten. Stopped doing that when she realised with Reno, she’d count to a million and still be mad. “That’s the tenth one this month, Reno. Could you PLEASE just delete the things you don’t like in future?” Reno shrugged. “I’m making no promises, Lenie.”

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

No matter where he was in the world, or how drunk he was or who he was drinking with, he never forgot to pick up a ‘souvenir’ for Rufus - even now that they weren’t together any more. He figured that Rufus probably threw them in the bin – not that he checked. He didn’t need to know – or perhaps he saved them for the day when he could bludgeon him to death. The thought made him snort – Sure, Rufus had been hurt when he’d ended it but only his pride, nothing more. By now he should be over it. It wouldn’t surprise him if any day now, he heard about him and his latest flame – some crazy society cow with no brains or maybe someone with as many brains as he did who would complement him better. Yeah, together they could take over the world…again? “Rude, I feel the need to get completely and utterly drunk tonight…”

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Reno could only stare at the screen in shock. For the first time in his life, he was completely speechless and there wasn’t a single thought in his brain. All he was seeing was that moment on TV when Rufus so casually admitted to the world that he was gay… He’d always been so adamant while they were together that no one should know. What had changed? Was there someone new in his life that he didn’t know about? He dismissed that idea as quickly as it came - HOW could he not know about them? He spent so much time with Rufus, it would be impossible not to notice him falling in love…right? He sighed heavily. Other than him and the other Turks, the only other male he spent time with was…Reeve. If it was Reeve, he was going to take Rufus’ shotgun and shoot himself!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Had Reno been paying attention, he might have noticed that his Partner was smiling rather than looking worried by what he had to say. How could Rude not smile though? Reno’s bad mood and ranting proved one thing – that he still cared for Rufus. He also knew that Rufus still cared for Reno. That meant that there was in fact still hope for them as a couple…how did they make that happen though?

Reno finally noticed Rude’s uncaring attitude. “How can you be so relaxed, yo? This is our boss we’re talking about! If he’s in love with that bastard traitor, things are going to get really messed up.” Rude got up calmly, pushed Reno down in his seat. “Reno, I can honestly say that Rufus is not in love with or even interested in Reeve. Well, perhaps to give to the science department for experimentation…” Rude had always had the ability to say just the right thing to calm Reno down. This time was no exception.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Rude sighed. “Reno, Rufus is nowhere near as fickle as you seem to believe – he might well have people throwing themselves at his feet left, right and centre but that doesn’t actually mean he has to take them up on the offer. As far as I can tell, he’s a one person at a time, kind of guy.” Rude could only roll his eyes at what Reno muttered. “Don’t be an ass, Reno. For the love of Shiva, if you love him this much go and tell him!”

Reno sat up and looked at his friend, for a moment entirely sober. “You’re right. Soon as we get home I’m going to march into his office and tell him.” …and if only Reno would remember this conversation in the morning, things might improve dramatically at work for everyone.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Elena sat down on the edge of Tseng’s desk as she waited for him to finish whatever it was he was doing on the computer. She was careful to ensure that she didn’t mess anything up. Tseng was very strict about that. She was reminded of the last time that she had made that mistake…with a smirk, she reached across and messed up the alignment of the papers on his desk and smiled with satisfaction as Tseng looked at her, his gaze changing to something that was very welcome indeed.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sign up to rate and review this story