Categories > Books > Harry Potter

Just A Little Note

by SoccerDevil22 4 reviews

Harry looks back twenty years to when he and Ginny first got together. This hardly follows canon at all. I got bored and decided to give another go at a romance/songfic. I know that canon says Ginn...

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG - Genres: Humor,Romance - Characters: Ginny,Harry - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2008-11-28 - Updated: 2008-11-29 - 1261 words - Complete

-1TrainWreck
Full Summary: Harry looks back twenty years to when he and Ginny first got together. This hardly follows canon at all. I got bored and decided to give another go at a romance/songfic. I know that canon says Ginny is a year younger than Harry, but in this story, she’s not. Let’s just say that Ginny and Ron are Irish twins. The song (Check Yes or No) is by George Strait. As I said, this is partially a song fic. It is also partially a comedy/romance story and I think it turned pretty good, we’ll see. Enjoy!

October 28, 2013; Number 7, Godric’s Hollow

Harry arrived home late from Quidditch practice one evening, tired and completely drained as always. He hung up his traveling cloak and started to make his way towards his study. As he passed the sitting room, he paused for a moment. Ginny wasn’t there like she normal was at this time of night. Usually she’d be sitting on the couch either reading a book or working on her current sowing project. Instinct and caution from years of war instantly kicked in. He drew his wand and silently crept up the stairs.

Harry and Ginny had started dating that first Hogsmeade trip back in 1993. Even at that point, everyone had known they’d get married someday. Well… everyone except Ron, that is.

Ron, at first, refused to believe that his best mate and little sister (of only six months as she constantly reminds him) were together. When it had finally sunk in, he began a not so subtle crusade to break apart the ‘Golden Couple of Hogwarts’. Unfortunately for him, this was met by strong resistance by Pro Harry/Ginny-er’s as well as painful curses cast by one fiery redhead and humiliating pranks from a certain pair of twins.

Looking back at his best mate’s antics always brought a smile to Harry’s face. Ron had tried everything from sending the two of them poorly written break up letters signed by the other and even went so far as trying to get Harry to cheat on Ginny or other girls to actively pursue him in hope that he would go for the ‘better looking birds,’ as Seamus had explained to Harry.

Eventually the ‘Golden Couple’ and the ‘Disastrous Duo’(A.K.A. the twins) discovered a weapon to use against Ron every time he began another one of his ‘Holy Wars’.

The codename for this weapon: Bookworm.

It had taken a coalition force (comprised of over half of Gryffindor House, Luna Lovegood, Padma Patil, Cedric Diggory, Hannah Abbot, Susan Bones, and Professor’s Dumbledore and McGonagall) a total of eight months to initiate and succeed in a plan that was dubbed ‘Operation: Weasel in the Library.’

‘Operation: Weasel in the Library’ ended with Ginny becoming impatient and just locked both Ron and Hermione in a closet all night (later affectionately named ‘Operation: Never Piss Off The 7th Redhead’). The next morning, Hermione and Ron entered the Great Hall, hand in hand.

Harry reached the nursery and peered inside. He sighed with relief as he saw Ginny sitting in a rocking chair with their two-year-old daughter.

Harry smiled fondly at the pair and thought back to how it all began…

“It started way back in third year.
I used to sit beside Ginny Weasley.
Red hair, chocolate brown eyes;
she kissed me on the train, but told me not to tell

Next day I chased her round the school grounds
From the Quidditch pitch to Hagrid’s hut

And Ginny got caught passing me a note;
before McGonagall took it, I read what she wrote:

Do you love me? Do you wanna be my friend?
And if you do, well then don't be afraid to take me by the hand, if you want to.

I think this is how love goes, check yes or no.”

He had been afraid at the time she’d given him the note. After all, she was his best mate’s sister. Wasn’t there some sort of rules forbidding that? Plus, there was the fact that she might have been playing with him in hopes of embarrassing him. But this was Ginny, and he took a chance. As they had left the room, Harry slid a piece of paper into Ginny’s hand. On the paper, there were to boxes: yes and no.

Harry had checked yes.

“Now we're grown up and she's my wife.
Still like two kids with stars in our eyes.

Ain't much changed I still chase Ginny.
Up and down the hall, around the bed in our room.

Last night I took her out on my new broomstick.
Twenty years together she still gets to me.”

Harry leaned up against the door frame. Twenty years to the day since they had first started dating. It was almost too hard to believe. Together, they had faced Death Eaters, Dementors, Dark Lord’s, and scariest of all… crazed fan girls. Yet, they were still together. A testament to the statement ‘Love conquers all,’.

“Can't believe it's been that long ago.
When we got started with just a little note:

Do you love me? Do you wanna be my friend?
And if you do, well then don't be afraid to take me by the hand, if you want to.

I think this is how love goes, check yes or no.

Do you love me? Do you wanna be my friend?
And if you do, well then don't be afraid to take me by the hand, if you want to.

I think this is how love goes, check yes or no.”

Ginny looked up, sensing Harry’s gaze and smiled at him. She gestured to him and Harry entered the room. Ginny handed the small bundle to Harry, then got up and head downstairs to go make dinner. Harry cradled the bundle as if it was the Holy Grail. In reality, it was something much more precious. It was his daughter: Lillian Molly Potter. Harry grinned as Lily reached out to grab his nose.

“Yeah, I think this is how love goes,” he whispered to Lillian as he left the room with his daughter. Tonight, all he planned on doing was lounging in the sitting room with his family. Have a fire, maybe make hot cider to take the slight chill out of his bones. Harry had everything a guy could want. Finally, after so many years of being denied one, he had a family. What more could one ask for.

“Do you love me? Do you wanna be my friend?
And if you do, well then don't be afraid to take me by the hand, if you want to.

I think this is how love goes, check yes or no.

Check yes or no.
Check yes or no.
Check yes or no.”

A/N: Well, there you go. Romance/comedy/songfic story number two. I was actually on the way to my uncle’s wedding. He was getting married… again… for the third time… and I was listening to this song on my Nano. I was bored so I attempted (and I think I succeeded) to make a fic out of it. I basically just B.S.’ed my way through this fic. I always crack a smile whenever I read it. Depending on how well this goes, I might write a follow up short story telling how Harry and Ginny got together and then how they got Ron and Hermione together. Please R&R.
Sign up to rate and review this story