Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Getting My Baby Back

Hush Little Baby

by Moonshyne 3 reviews

Alyssa finds out what happened to Bob after she left. We get a look of Emily's home life.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Drama - Characters: Bob Bryar,Gerard Way,Ray Toro - Warnings: [!!!] - Published: 2008-11-29 - Updated: 2008-11-30 - 1066 words

2Moving
A/N: Last part very disturbing.

Ray’s POV

“You did what?” screamed Alyssa at Bob. He came over here just after he went to the lawyers. It seemed he told a major lie, that he and Alyssa were in a committed relationship, not cool.

“I knew you would do anything to get her Bryar but this is low even for you,” screamed Gerard.

“Way mind your own fucking business,” Bob yelled at Gee. How the hell did I get myself stuck in the middle of this I’ll never know?

“Alyssa can we talk privately?” asked Bob.

“Whatever you have to say to me, you can say in front of Gerard.”

“I was backed into a corner, my chances of getting Emily back were nil without being in a committed relationship.”

“Oh and it just so you picked Alyssa’s name out of the fucking hat,” said Gerard.

“No Way, I just thought she would do anything to get Emily away from that monster. I guess I was wrong.” Bob left slamming the door. A few seconds later we heard tires screeching as he pulled out of the driveway.

“I can’t believe that fucking asshole,” said Gerard. “He’s just trying to come between us.”

I watched as Alyssa looked down. I knew she was confused, I also knew she would do anything to get Emily back.

“I need to calm down, I’m going out for a smoke and a coffee, anyone care to join me?”

Both Alyssa and I looked at him shaking our heads no.

“Fuck you both then.”

I knew Alyssa needed to talk to me as much as I needed to talk to her; there were things she needed to know. She needed to know where Bob was coming from.

Gerard slammed the door as he left, shaking the first floor. He screeched out of the driveway as Bob had done just before.

“Why would he do such a thing, he knew that neither Gerard or I would be happy about it?”

“He really just wanted Emily away from that man.”

“Isn’t there any other girl he could have thought of?”

“Not really, I mean the girl he’s seeing most regularly is a stripper named Candy, whose bisexual by the way. I’m thinking not a real good choice.”

“No one else?”

“He never really dated anyone, partially because of the job and partially because of you.”

“Me?”

“You did a real number on him, he doesn’t trust women.”

“I’m sorry I didn’t know that.”

“There were a lot of things going on when that whole thing happened.”

“After you left, he left. We all thought he went back to Chicago and after a while he did. But first he spent six months in a mental health facility.”

“What happened?”

“He tried to kill himself, OD’d on some of his mother’s scripts.”

I watched as she wiped her tears, “I made such a mess of everyone’s life.”

“We didn’t know. Besides you weren’t the only factor. He found out who killed Patrick that night.”

“Who?”

“His father.”

I watched as her mouth dropped open, I knew that wasn’t the answer she was expecting. “What? I thought it was a robbery?”

“It was and it wasn’t. He was there that afternoon looking for money and Bob. Back when they were in Chicago his father beat the crap out of him and his mom he was in ICU more than once. One day when his father was at work his mother finally got up the courage to pack her and Bob up and left. She borrowed ten thousand dollars from her parents and took off for Belleville; he found them a few months later. He knew she must of had some money laying around so he broke in and was rifling through everything when Bob and Patrick walked in. He just turned around and fired the gun and took off. Bob never even saw his face. After you left the asshole cornered Bob and threatened to kill him and then said this time no one will be around to save him. Bob knew immediately what he was talking about. Bob pushed him against a wall where he banged his head rendering him unconscious and took off. Later he was found beaten to death no one knows by who.”

“Did he tell anyone who killed Patrick?”

“No, he lives with the guilt everyday. Don’t tell Gerard, he blames Bob as it is. He just doesn’t want Emily to grow up the way he did.”

“So you think what Bob did was justified?”

“I didn’t say that. I think it was stupid and selfish and no good can come of it.”

“But if I do this, may be I’ll get to be with Emily sooner.”

“If you do this you could end your relationship with Gerard. You saw how he reacted. You and Bob pretending to be together will piss him off to know end. You know he hates him.”

“Well he’s gonna have to learn to at least tolerate him because he doesn’t have to do this.”

“You’re not going through with this, please tell me you aren’t,” I pleaded.

“Sorry Ray, I am. I want my child Ray and I’ll do anything to get her.”

Narrator's POV

In Garden City

“Hush little baby don’t say a word,” sang the sweet voice of Sarah Howell, “Momma’s gonna buy you a mockingbird.”

“Please mommy, no.”

“If that mockingbird don’t sing, momma gonna buy you a diamond ring. You need to stop tell lies,” she said as her mother slapped her across her face.

“I’m not lying.”

“You are you ungrateful little bitch. How could you say those things about your father.” another smack to the face. “Now go to sleep.”

Later on that night

“Hi sweetheart,” said Lawrence as he brushed back the dark brown hair off of Emily’s face. “I’m sorry mommy hurt you again but you can’t tell anyone about our special time. If you do, they’ll take you away. You don’t want to go away, do you?”

Emily looked at her father with her blue eyes and shook her head. “Now daddy’s going to make you feel real good.”
Sign up to rate and review this story