Categories > Original > Fantasy > Destiny Extreme

D.E.I- Ch.1: Aaranos Birthplace Is...

by MazzusKeesaji 0 reviews

This is the story of the epic journey of Aaranos and his attempt to discover the truth about his past. Joined by his half brothers Mazzus and Judry, Mazzus' wife Lay Hirca and their son Jin, they t...

Category: Fantasy - Rating: R - Genres: Fantasy - Warnings: [V] [X] - Published: 2008-12-07 - Updated: 2008-12-07 - 4334 words

0Unrated
We begin our story in the port city known as Dalens, which is in the country Flersey. After a few sparring matches Mazzus, Jin and Judry came back to the camp where a surprise awaited them. Their camp was surrounded by Shadow Beasts, and they appeared to be attacking the camp. "Well that's not good. We should probably stop them." Jin said. The guys drew their weapons and charged towards the camp.

A few steps away from the camp the guys noticed that the Shadow Beasts were dead. "Lay!! Where are you?!?" Mazzus yelled. "Mom!! You can stop hiding. They're dead" Jin yelled. Mazzus and Jin began looking around the camp. "I'm right here so please stop yelling. And I know they're dead. I was the one that killed them." Lay's voice came from behind them, in the main tent. Mazzus, Jin and Judry turned around to see Lay walking towards them. "We thought you were dead sis" Judry said he sighed in relief. "Oh please brother. I can handle a few Shadow Beasts on my own." Lay said as she walked over to Mazzus and hugged him. "Well somebody woke up in a sour mood." Mazzus said as he kissed his wife. "Of course I did. My first sight this morning was a Shadow Beast running down the hall." "Well that explains why you're naked mom." Jin said laughing as he continued to shield his eyes. "Well it was either fight naked or die trying to get dressed. Sorry kiddo." Lay said as she turned to go into the tent and put on clothes. "Have you heard from Aaranos?" Mazzus asked Lay. "No. I forgot to call in. But you don't have to worry now cause I'm back." Aaranos said.

A few hours later everyone was in the observation tent. Judry and Aaranos had brought a dead Shadow Beast in to the tent in the hopes of finding what they were searching for. "If we find what we need we can alter our weapons to help us destroy the Shadow Beasts a lot easier." "Thus allowing us to have more time to kick my sisters ass." Lay said. Aaranos smirked as he cut an incision in the beasts chest. Judry then began searching inside the beast's body using an x-ray. "Is that it Uncle J.?" Jin asked, pointing at the x-ray's monitor. "Nope. That's a bullet. It's probably from your trigger-happy mother's gunblade." Judry said with a chuckle as he continued searching. "J. what's that? I don't remember seeing that on any other x-rays." Mazzus pointed at an object on the monitor that was in the center of the beasts body. "It looks like a...like a heart...But...that's impossible unless this was a convert. But there are no other signs of it being a H-B C." Judry reached into the beast and pulled out the object as he said this. A look of shock fell over all of their faces as Judry held the heart in his hand above the beasts body. "It's heart is still beating." Mazzus said. I still can't believe it has a heart. There's no way in hell this is possible. Bro go grab another beat..No two." Mazzus nodded and ran outside of the camp. He picked up the two dead beasts closest to him and ran back into the observation tent. "Thanks. Sent them over there on those tables. Aaranos prepare them for the x-ray. Make the same incisions in them that you made on the first beast. Jin, Lay you may not want to be in here for this. It's going to get really gross. And there may be some spray-age." Judry said as he put the heart on a tray and handed it to Mazzus. "Take this to the locker and freeze it. Aaranos are those things ready yet?" Judry put on a new pair of gloves and prepared the x-ray. Aaranos placed on of the beasts on the table and cut in the same area that he had on the first beast. Judry moved the x-ray scanner to the spot where they had found the heart in the last beast. "Damn..Nothing.." "Wait. What's that?" Aaranos said pointing at a blob in the corner of the screen. Judry re-positioned the scanner. "...It's a lung...What does this mean? First a heart and now a lung. These organs look exactly like human ones but these can't be converts." Judry took the lung out and placed it on a tray.
"My sister did this," Lay said as she walked into the tent. "When we were kids our father would tell us stories of Shadow Beasts that were practically immortal. The powers that they possessed were ten times that of normal beasts. He said it was because of the "humanity" that they had instilled in them. Bris believed those stories so she probably is using this knowledge to try and create her own super army. I don't think that this is the finished product but she is making progress. These things have been getting tougher and tougher." Lay left the tent after telling her brothers this.
"If what she said is true this cold be our chance to study the beasts so that we are prepared for when Bris finally does finish her experiment. We could find ways to manipulate them and use their new power to our advantage." "But how will we be able to fight Bris is she has an army of these things. Even if we can turn them against her it's not like she and the others are weak. She could easily attack us while we are fighting the beasts." "Sorry to interrupt guys but we have a bit of a problem. A wave of Decorin and Decero are headed this way. And they have Shadow Beasts with them aswell.

"So how many are we talking here: 50? 60? 100??" Judry asked as he unsheathed his swords. "More or less. And by that I mean atleast 1,000,000 more. I don't know why but Bris is coming at us hard this time." Mazzus said as he unsheathed his Gunblade-Converger. "Well that's not too bad. We can atleast take down half of them before they completely swamp us and kill all of us. We can split it up." "Or we could just fight them...and NOT die." Lay said. "God idea mom. Let's go kick some butt!!" Jin yelled as he charged into a group of Shadow Beasts. Judry fired a few shots into a beast tamer near-by. Mazzus charged into a group of Shadow Beasts and cut off the head of a Decorin that was attempting to attack Jin. "Thanks dad." Jin lifted the Buster Sword and 'uppercut-slashed' a beast. "Lay, I think J. could use some assistance." Mazzus said as he fired a Shotgun blast into a group of Shadow Beasts. "Right. I got it." Lay fired a Machine-Gun burst into the horde of Decorin that had surrounded Judry. "Thanks sis. I got it now." Judry said. He then fired a few rounds into the Decero that ordered the attack on him.
Jin and Aaranos has teamed up and intentionally gotten themselves surrounded by Shadow Beasts. "You ready kid?" "Don't call me kid Uncle A." Jin attacked with his sword and killed 10 beasts all in one strike. "Nice work. Now it's my turn." Aaranos charged and used his Twin Blades to slice through 11 beasts. Just before he attacked Jin saw a flash of light. "Mom must be using Reozuken" Jin said as he mowed down 12 more beasts. Mazzus charged at the final Decorin and cut it in half. "This should make the beasts easier to.." As Mazzus said this the Shadow Beasts all dropped dead. "Well that was" "Too easy" Mazzus and Aaranos interrupted Jin as he began to speak. Judry then pointed off in the distance. "May because that was only an appetizer?"
As they all began preparing for the next onslaught of enemies an enormous Windstorm suddenly appeared and whiped out all of the Shadow Beasts and Deco headed towards the camp. "What the hell was that?" Lay said with a hint of shock in her voice. 'I bet my brother had something to do with this.' Aaranos thought. "I think the storm came from the camp." Judry said as they all turned around to look in the direction of their camp. "Who is that Uncle J.?" Jin asked while pointing at an ominous figure walking slowly towards them. "That would be Uncle Tickk. He is Uncle A.'s brother." Mazzus said as he drew his Gunblade-C. "I'll handle this guys. He's here for me." Aaranos said as he began walking towards his brother. "Be careful Uncle A. We still have to find your parents. Hey maybe Uncle T. knows where they are." Jin said.
Suddenly Aaranos and Tick began running towards each other. Aaranos then jumped into the air and began charging down towards the ground with his swords aiming for Tickk's heart. Tickk smirked as he swung his whip at Aaranos. It wrapped around his hands, tying them together and pulling Aaranos to the ground in front of Tickk. "Nice to see you too big brother." Aaranos said as he jumped to his feet. He then tried to attack Tickk but was blocked by..an Axe.. "Bris said not to fight without us. Now go fight Judry like the plan said!" Derris( Bris and Lay's older brother) began swinging wildly at Aaranos with his Axe.
"Should've known he wouldn't fight fair. Let's move people!" Mazzus charged towards Derris but was stopped by a bullet whizzing past him. "You are not to interfere with the battle at hand. You will be fighting me instead." Chriney(Bris' husband) said. He then fired an electric pulse blast at Mazzus. Mazzus dodged the blast and fired a beam from his Gunblade-Converger. The beam hit Chriney and knocked him into Derris just before Derris could use his Axe to freeze Aaranos.
"Lay Hirca. It's been a while sister. A shame you have to die now." Bris charged at Lay and launched a firestorm at her. Lay dodged the firestorm and fired a Machine Gun burst at her sister. The attack hit Bris in the shoulder and arm causing her to drop one of the K-Twin blades. Lay then charged at Bris and used Reozuken. "It seems as though you will be the one dieing today sister." Lay fired a Shotgun blast at the downed Bris..but a Shadow Beast jumped in the way to protect Bris. "My beasts will not allow me to die. So you can't win against me." Bris said as she got to her feet. She picked up the other K-Twin Blade and charged at Lay Hirca. The blades had a fires aura around them as Bris attacked. The attacked hit Lay, causing her to fall. But almost immediately Jin blind-sided Bris nearly cutting off her arm. "Hi Auntie B. Sorry I missed. I was trying to cut off your arm, not just skin it." Jin then charged again, with a flurry of attacks. Bris was overwhelmed by the attack and fell to the ground in pain. "That's it you little brat. You'll pay for that." Bris body was surrounded by a dark red aura as she stood to her feet. "Bris my dear. Derris and Tickk don't seem to be able to handle their opponents. I think it is best that we retreat before we are defeated." Chriney said. He didn't appear to be in too good a shape himself. He has several bullet wounds in his arm, and cuts on his back, leg's and gun. "Fine. RETREAT!!" Bris, Chriney, Tickk and Derris all began to run away from the base. Aaranos began to chase them. "Let them go. We'll get them next time." Mazzus said as he sheathed the Gunblade-Converger.

Judry and Aaranos both had puzzled looks on their faces as the entire group, except for Mazzus, sat in the main tent. "Maybe she has control chips implanted in them?" "No. We would've found those in the hundreds of scans we've done." "What about mind control?" "None of them have them kind of power." "No..But Euron does." Lay said. Judry looked up and smiled. "That makes perfect sense. Perhaps Bris has somehow managed to infuse her blood with the Shadow Beasts blood. And that allows Euron's spirit to control them. And then Bris started breeding them so that the blood would be in all of the beasts. And that way she can not only create her super army, but control it's every last move. So they can't rebel against her and will always be on her side. Even if one of her own killed a giant mass of them like Tickk did today." "Hey Aaranos we gotta talk." Mazzus said as he walked into the tent and then walked out. "..Ok then..J. I'll be back." Aaranos said as he got up to follow his brother outside of the camp.
"I noticed that you've had trouble fighting Tickk lately. Why is that? Are you scared of killing him and not getting the chance to ask him what he might know? Or are you just afraid of him?" "Mazzus, I'm not afraid of my brother. And I know that he has information on my parents and my past." Aaranos turned to walk away from Mazzus and go back into the camp. "Don't run from me. I'm just trying to help you. You'll never be able to defeat him if you are always so cautious. You have to want to kill him, not just want to hurt him. Because he is fighting to kill you, you have to do the same." Mazzus drew his Gunblade-Converger as he said this. "I do fight to kill.." "Just not against him. You only fight to hurt him. You'll never be able to defeat him that way." Mazzus said. Aaranos drew his blades and charged at Mazzus. "You can't win. You have no reason to fight other than your emotions." Mazzus said as he dodged all of Aaranos attacks. He then slashed at Aaranos, cutting him deeply into his abdomen. "You..still..haven't..won.." Aaranos tried to stand but the blood loss was too much and he fainted. "Maybe when you can finally release the power.." Mazzus said as he knelt beside his 1/2 brother. He then called for Judry to bring a stretcher outside.

The next morning Aaranos awoke to see that the camp was being attacked. "It's about time you woke up bro. We could use so assistance if you wouldn't mind." Judry laughed as he said this. He then fired a few shots into the group of Deco down the hall. Aaranos jumped out of bed, put on his pants and grabbed his Twin Blades. When he walked into the hall he was shocked to see the entire North side of the camp covered in Shadow Beasts. He then noticed that the beasts appeared to be flying into the camp. 'How are they doing this? What is Bris up to now?' He thought to himself as he began attacking any nearby beasts.
"Good morning bro. Have a good rest? How's the cut?" Mazzus said as he cut through a group a beasts. "It's fine. Where's the rest of the family?" Aaranos said as he looked around. "Lay is still asleep and Jin is with the operating system trying to repair the shield." Mazzus said as he fired a Shotgun blast into three beasts that were charging towards him. "WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON!?!?!?" "..I think Lay's awake." Mazzus said as he ran to his tent, slashing through Deco and Shadow Beasts that were in his path.
"Morning sweetheart. Have a good rest? Need anything? Some breakfast maybe?" Mazzus laughed as he watched his wife get out of bed with a look of slight anger on her face. "Ha ha, very funny. Now close the door so I can get dressed." Lay said as she grabbed her clothes. "I warned you not to sleep like that again." Mazzus said as he shut the door. "Hey you two, cut it out. We don't need another Jin running around here." Judry said as he knocked on the door. "Very funny brother. We'll be out in a minute." Lay said.
When they emerged from the tent, Judry and Aaranos were fighting off a group of Shadow Beasts that had surrounded them. "We'll have to split up. Jin's in the back. I'll go check on him again soon so don't worry. Love you. Be careful. Try not to get too trigger-happy." Mazzus said as he kissed Lay. He then ran over to help his brothers. "Good luck. Have fun. Be careful." Lay said as she cut off the head of a near-by Shadow Beast.
"Hey bro. Took you long enough. We're ok now. We don't need any help." Aaranos said as he looked at Mazzus. "Ok well good. I'm going to go help Lay. You guys go check on Jin for me? Thanks." Mazzus said as he began to run over to where Lay Hirca was and started fighting the group of beasts that was attempting to surround her.
When Judry and Aaranos made it to the back of the camp they saw Jin fighting Derris and Chriney. The shocking thing was that Jin was winning. Derris was fighting bare-handed because Jin had apparntly knocked his L-Axe into a wall and it was stuck. Chriney could barely move because of all of the damage he had taken from Jin's sword. He had massive cuts all of his body. "Well would you look at that. Our nephew kicks ass." Aaranos whispered to Judry. "That's it punk! You're dead meat! Bris! Tickk! Come on!" Derris yelled. "Should we help?" Aaranos asked. "Let's wait and see what he decides to do first." Judry whispered with a confident smile on his face. "That's fine. I'll take on all of you and still win. Nobody calls me a punk and gets away with it." Jin said as he charged at Bris. She blocked his attacked but it was powerful enough to knock her backwards and into the camp wall. "Still hurtin from yesterday huh? Well I'll make sure that you don't have to worry about that pain anymore." Jin then charged at Tickk with a flurry of attacks. The attacks were swifter than expected, but still as powerful as usual. This caught Tickk off guard and he was instantly defeated.
As Jin prepared to finish Tickk, a fire wall appeared and surrounded him. "What the hell is going on? Bris couldn't do that before." Judry whispered. "I don't think that's Bris anymore. I think that attacked knocked her un-conscious. Now Kery and Euron are controlling her body." "Foolish mortal. You should have killed me when you had the chance. Now I will end your existence in a most painful way." Bris said. "I think that's our cue to help out." Judry said as he jumped from around the corner and fired a beam at 'Bris'. Aaranos charged at Derris and knocked him backwards into the wall, barely missing his Axe. "Dammit!! Sis maybe we should come back later." Derris said as he tried to pull his Axe out of the wall. "Have you no pride? We shall fight to the death!" 'Bris' said. She then charged at Aaranos, as her hands were surrounded by a dark red aura. She then attacked Aaranos, knocking him backwards. She then launched a fireball at Jin that barely missed hitting him and almost hit 'Tickk'. "I think it's safe to say that that's not Bris. What should we do?" Aaranos said as he got to one knee while still wincing in pain. "I say we fight. This could be our chance to finish them off. We can't just let them leave. We can take them." Jin said. "I think they've suffered enough for today kiddo. Let 'em go." Judry said. "Kery, the humans are weakening. We need to retreat and let them rest or we will be trapped again." 'Tickk' said. "Agreed Zeros. Everyone retreat. We shall return to finish this once and for all. And I will not take it easy on you." Just as 'Bris' said this, Jin attacked her. The attack caught her off guard and knocked her through the wall of the camp. "Derris. Zeros. Go on. I'll get her." Chriney said. He ran over to Bris' body, picked her up, and followed Derris and 'Tickk'.
"Well that was fun. I guess we can fix the shield and go now. Hopefully your mom and dad are ok." Aaranos said. "Yeah. And hopefully they aren't making another Jin." Judry whispered. "Yeah. That'd just be terrible if we were." Mazzus said, surprising his brothers. "Could you imagine that? I mean just this one is bad enough. The second would be absolutely horrific." Lay said, coming up beside Mazzus. They all laughed as they watched Jin fixing the shield generator.

Later, after Jin had fixed the shield generator, they all were in the main tent of the camp. Judry was explaining to them how Euron's ability to control the Shadow Beasts led to them being able to break into the camp. She had controlled the dead beasts that they brought into the camp to examine. After Judry finished explaining and they all started to relax, Aaranos left the tent. Mazzus followed to see what he was up to. When he peeked around the corner he saw that Tickk was waiting for Aaranos.
"So, are you ready little brother? Remember, if you win I'll tell you everything you want to know." Tickk said with a smirk. "You mean when I win. Aaranos said as he drew his Twin Blades. Mazzus' words from the previous night were still on his mind. As soon as Tickk unraveled his whip Aaranos charged at him attacking quickly and viciously. Tickk was caught off guard by the attack and fell to his feet. He then smiled as he stood to his feet. "Nice attack little brother. But if you plan to win then you'll have to do much better. This will be our final battle. So if that's your best then you might as well drop dead now. Tickk wound up his whip and lashed at Aaranos. A gust of wind flew at him as the whip came towards him. The attack knocked him backwards. "I'm only getting warmed up. And once I beat you, you'll tell me what happened to our parents." Aaranos said as he rolled sideways to avoid another attack by Tickk. He then jumped to his feet and lunged at his brother. His attack barely missing Tickk's heart. "You've grown weak little bro..." Before Tickk could finish, Aaranos grabbed him from behind, and put his blade to Tickk's throat. Mazzus smirked.
"You lose big brother. Now tell me what I want to know." Aaranos demanded. "Ok fine. Our parents.." Tickk was once again interrupted but this time by an explosion near the camp. Tickk flipped the shocked Aaranos over his shoulder. "That would be my cue. Maybe some other time little brother. And don't bother trying to find me. I'll be in Waprula. Aaranos yelled in rage as he watched his brother run off into the distance.

The next day everyone awoke to see Aaranos packing his things. "Why are you going? Waprula is a huge place. Even if you do find them don't you think it's a bit odd that Tickk would tell you that's where they're going. This is probably a trap. And even if it isn't a trap and you do find them it's not like you can take all 4 of them, the Deco, and the Shadow Beasts by yourself." Mazzus watched his 1/2 brother continue to pack as he tried to convince him not to go. "I have to find my brother. I was so close to getting the information out of him. All I have to do is capture him and question him." Aaranos ignored his brother and continued packing. "But what if they capture you? If this is a trap you are walking right into it. They could kill you. Then you will never know anything." Lay said with a bit of concern in her voice. "I'll be fine. I know what I'm doing. I know how my brother works. He is going to try and face me by himself first. He won't let them trap me. And if this is a trap then I'll just fight out of it. Let me handle this. I'll call if I need any help." Aaranos said. He then sheathed his blades, grabbed his bag, and began walking towards the exit of the camp. "You think he will be ok?" Lay asked Mazzus. "He'll be fine. I'll make sure of it." As Mazzus said this he walked into his tent and began packing. He sheathed his Gunblade-Converger, kissed Lay and said good-bye before heading out to follow his brother. "I figured you would be tagging along. You sure they're gonna be ok without you?" Aaranos asked Mazzus. "Those three can take care of themselves. And I couldn't let you do this alone. Not after all the shit we've been through together." Mazzus said. "Ok then. I guess we're off to Waprula." Aaranos smiled as he said this. "This is going to be an interesting little vacation. It's a shame the rest of the family isn't coming along." Mazzus smirked. "Who says we're not coming?" Lay smiled as she walked up beside Mazzus. "Yeah. We couldn't let you old guys have all the fun." Jin said laughing. "Family vacation. This is going to be interesting." Judry said. "Ok so it's settled. We're off to Waprula. But it's all business when we get there. And when we find them I'll finally get the answers I want from Tickk. And I'll finally get to know where my parents are, and who I really am."

*End of Chapter I*
Sign up to rate and review this story