Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > And I'll End This Direst: a Frerard story

Chapter 9

by xDescendingAngelx 2 reviews

Elena.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres:  - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Published: 2008-12-08 - Updated: 2009-02-03 - 1206 words

1Ambiance
Frank’s POV

We walked across his front yard, and I suddenly grew nervous. What if his grandmother didn’t want me to stay over here? I would have to go home, since it was too late to go to class, and I would be in deep shit then. I shuddered at the thought, and Gerard pushed his front door open, holding it open for me.

His house was small, but fitting for the size of his family. I assumed he lived with his grandmother and brother, who was probably still at school. A couple of pictures of Gerard and his brother as small boys decorated the walls in the foyer, and the cozy-looking kitchen was visible from the front door. A TV was on; and Gerard went into the living room, where his grandma was watching TV and knitting.

“Grandma, I’m home,” he said, walking over to her as she put down her knitting and stood up. He kissed her on the cheek, and gave her a little hug, being a few inches taller than she was. I couldn’t help but feel a little jealous of the loving relationship they had between them, but shook it off, remembering Gerard’s story.

“Goodness! What happened to your face, you poor thing?” she asked, eyeing the dried blood that came from my nose. “Never mind. Gerard, go show him where the bathroom is, poor thing.”

He led me to the bathroom so I could get my face clean. I washed the dried blood away and stood by the door, listening to their conversation. I wanted to see if Gerard’s grandmother would let me stay without having to answer under the pressure of me being there.

“Who is that young man, Gerard?” she asked.

I heard Gerard’s calm voice answer, “Grandma, that’s Frank Iero. We met at school, and I invited him to stay for a while.”

“Oh, wonderful! It’s always nice to have some company! I’m glad to see you’re making some friends, Gerard, hon.”

“Yeah, Grandma. I invited him over because I think he needs some help. You see…”

I hurried out of the bathroom and into the living room before he could tell her about my problem. His grandmother rushed over to me, pushing me over to the couch so I could sit. I winced a little, as she applied pressure to my bruised arm, and sat on the couch as Gerard got some food.

“Frank, honey, how are you?”

“I’m fine, thanks, ma’am,” I answered, as politely as I could. I didn’t want her to not like me, so she wouldn't want to kick me out. I wanted to stay as long as I could.

"Ma'am? I'm not Ma'am, that's my mother! Call me Elena, darling."

I smiled at her. "Yes ma'am, Elena."

“What a nice boy,” she said, mostly to herself. “See, Gerard, you could learn some manners from this young man.” She grinned at him jokingly, and I could see which side of the family he got his smile from as he opened a bag of chips and poured some into three bowls. He also had Elena's eyes and dark hair.

“You get any further on the scarf you’re knitting?” Gerard asked his grandmother, trying to make casual conversation. He was looking over at me, as if asking me if I minded if he told his grandmother about my parents. I shot him a look that screamed no, because I knew that if he were to tell anyone, they would more than likely tell my parents, and then my parents would surely give me the beating of my life, possibly killing me. It’s almost happened before; my dad was a little too friendly with his pocketknife.

Instead, I engaged in casual conversation with Gerard and Elena, enjoying the moment. Why shouldn't I? It wouldn't last long anyway.

Gerard's POV

Frank didn't want me telling Grandma about his parents, even though I knew she could help him. I didn't like keeping secrets from Grandma. I munched on some chips and tried to figure him out further. Could he be afraid Grandma won't like him? Impossible; she adores him already. I don't know what's going on in his head.

"So, Gerard, your school gets out earlier than most, doesn't it?" Grandma asked me with a smirk.

"Well..." I replied mischieviously, putting on an innocent face, and laughed as Grandma hit me playfully with a knitting needle. "Like I said, Frank here had to get cleaned up, since he, as you could see, had blood all over his face. And there were only two more classes left in the day, one of them being his lunch period, so there was really no point in staying."

"Okay, so long as you keep going to school. I mean it, no skipping this time," she said.

"Okay, Grandma."

"Now, seeing as it is almost one-thirty, I have a bridge club to go to. I'll be back around four-thirty," she paused and looked at Frank. "Will you be here when I get back, sweetie? Or are you going home?"

Frank looked at me, as if he were redirecting the question to me. "You can stay, you know," I told him reassuringly.

He nodded. "May I?" he asked Grandma, and her face lit up.

"Of course you may, hon! We'd love to have you!" she beamed at him, picking up her coat and I got up to help her put it on. "I'll be back soon, you boys have fun. Try not to do anything illegal, and please don't break anything, Gerard."

"I won't, Grandma. Have fun losing your bridge game." I tossed her car keys over to her, and she hit me on the shoulder with her purse, both of us laughing while doing so.

"Losing... when I get back, the only one losing anything will be you," she mumbled under her breath, still laughing. She waved me goodbye, and closed the door behind her.

"God, she's such a sweet lady," Frank said.

"She adores you," I told him. I figured it would be best to tell him straight out that someone loved him, since his parents obviously didn't.

His face turned a slight shade of pink, and mumbled a "Thanks." God, he was adorable when he was embarrassed. I decided now would be a good time to ask how long he was staying.

"So, are you staying the night, or what?"

He seemed a little startled by this question. "The night?"

I didn't know what to say, hopefully he knew what the night was. "Um, yeah, the night. You know, like a sleepover? Unless you'd rather go home."

That got him. "No, I don't want to go home, but..."

But? "Do you have anywhere else to go?"

"No..."

"Alright then, it's settled. You can sleep in my room, and I'll take the couch."

He hesitated. "Thanks, Gee. You're the best." He smiled at me, and I melted again. What was it with this kid that made me melt every time I helped him? It was like I didn't need anything in return; I only needed to see his smile and see that he was happy.
Sign up to rate and review this story