Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > She's All That

She's All That

by sweet-tart 3 reviews

Isabella is new in town. When she goes to school and befriends the 'in' crowd, she is led to believe that Gerard and his group are no good. But what happens when feelings come into play? Will their...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Warnings: [!] [V] [X] - Published: 2008-12-01 - Updated: 2008-12-01 - 2247 words

0Unrated
"Isabella, stop pouting. Your face will stay that way, darling."

Isabella lifted her gaze to glare at her mother, Penny. It was all her fault they had to move anyway. If she didn't whore herself out at her office then maybe her dad would still be around and she could still live in Ohio. But no. Her mother just couldn't keep it in her pants so now she's divorced and on the prowl for a new younger man while dragging Isabella down in the dirt too.

"Mom," whinned Bella. "Why'd we have to move out here? I don't know anyone."

Her mother turned around and flashed her mega-watt smile, "That's the point, dear. I'm giving you a fresh start. A chance for a new beginning. Maybe now you'll have a chance to be accepted by everyone."

"But I already was... at home."

Her mother quirked an eyebrow and wiggled a finger, "No. Not everyone, sweetie. I remember this one girl who held a grudge against you. What was her name? Carrie?"

"Carolyn, mother."

"Yes," chirpped Penny. "She wasn't too fond of you. See? A fresh start."

Isabella rolled her eyes and gave up. Her mother just loved rubbing little minute details in her face like that. She thinks it gives her a sense of pride or something. Now, Carolyn. She was a differnt story. Carolyn battled everything out with Isabella. If Isabella dated the Soccer captain, Carolyn had to have the Football captain. She always wanted one-up on her and it drove her crazy.
Well, maybe now Carolyn won't feel the need to be a complete bitch anymore. Isabella is out of her life now and there is no more need for her to be evil to anyone. Unless she finds a weaker person to latch on to. Then Ohio is surely damned.
A smiled crept its way onto Isabella's face as she thought of her old classmates being tortured and ridiculed by Carolyn. Yeah... she could see that happening.

"Get some sleep, honey." called Penny. "You have a big day tomorrow. You want to make a good impression don't you?"

Isabella narrowed her eyes at her mother's retreating form and thought hard on throwing a shoe at the back of her head but soon decided against it and went to sleep. After all, she did need to be will rested for her first day of school at Belleville High tomorrow. Hopefully, with any luck, it'll be just like Ohio Academy.

_________________________


"Bella! Wake up, darling!"

Isabella could hear the faint sound of shuffling feet going down the stairs and figured that she might as well get up anyway. It's not going to take any of the fun out of the day if she skipped. Trudging to the shower, Isabella managed to grab a pair of jeans and some old sweater before cleaning off. She didn't really feel like dressing up today. It's not like she had anyone to impress. If Belleville is anything like Ohio then she's going to get judged before she even walks in the door.
After stepping out of the shower, Isabella got dressed and pulled her dark brown hair out of her face and wandered downstairs to find her mother already waiting at the table.

"Hurry up and eat, darling." rushed Penny. "You don't have much time. You'll be late for school if you don't hurry."

Isabella nodded and seated herself at the table, piling random pieces of food onto her plate, and ate as fast as she could. In no more than five minutes, Isabella had her plate cleaned and was already out the door.

Isabella was halfway down the sidewalk when she heard her mothers shrill voice call out to her, "I won't be home tonight, sweetheart. I have a meeting."

A meeting? Sure. If meeting was the codename for random-guy-of-the-night, then sure. A meeting it is.
As Isabella walked down the sidewalk she noticed multiple groups of kids greeting each other and laughing loudly, not even casting a curious glance her way. Not that you could get her to admit it, but, Isabella hoped they'd accept her like they did back home. She missed having friends and being able to walk down the hallway with everyone staring... not that they actually did that but some did. And to be honest, it felt nice.
Being higher than someone in the high school food chain was all she needed to boost her confidence and after taking a look around, it looked like it wouldn't be hard to obtain that goal. Everywhere she looked were either skater or emo kids. But what if that's all that was down here? Does she not fit in already? That's it... her mother was right. Dammit.

"Hey."

Isabella was slightly alarmed by the tall petite smiley blond standing in front of her but shrugged it off and took it as an opportunity to make friends, "Hi."

"Are you new here?"

Isabella smiled and nodded, "Yeah. Just moved here last week."

The smile on the blonds face got bigger as she extended a hand towards her, "I'm Marcia Petonie."

Isabella hesitantly gripped her hand and met her stare, "Isabella Willows."

"Pretty name." praised Marcia. "So do you want to come meet some more people?"

"Sure." smiled Isabella.

Marcia turned on her heel and gestured for Isabella to follow as she led her through weaves of kids until they got to thier destination. It seems Marcia was with the 'in' crowd because the people she led her to were nothing but jocks, cheeleaders and random skanks. Well, if you're all alone you gotta take what you can.

"Guys," called Marcia. "This is Isabella. She's new here."

One of the jocks smiled and leaned forward, catching her arm, "Nice to meet you, Isabella. I'm Andrew."

Isabella flashed a quick smile and quietly corrected him, "Thanks, but, I like Bella more."

"Bella?" asked one of the cheerleaders. "That's kind of cute, I guess."

Well, so much for being polite.

"Alright, Bella." said Andrew. "What do you do?"

Isabella furrowed her brows and scrunched up her nose, "Do?"

Marcia laughed and lightly pushed her arm, "Yeah, do. You know? Like what you did at your old school."

"Oh," mumbled Isabella. "I used to play Volleyball."

Marcia's face brightened up and she quickly dragged Isabella down the hall to, what she thought was, the gym.

"Look," Marcia pointed to a sign-up sheet. "You can play here, too."

Playing Volleyball didn't really cross Isabella's mind. If she did try-out and made the team, she'd feel like she was cheating on her old team.

Isabella smiled apologetically and shook her head, "I don't think I want to. It just wouldn't feel right playing for another team."

"Oh," Marcia pouted. "Okay then. You don't have to, I guess."

A loud ring emitted from over the speaker, signalling that the first class was about to begin and Isabella still needed to go to the office.

"I have to go get my schedule from the office. Do you know where it is, Marcia?"

Marcia nodded and pointed down the hall, "I'll see you at lunch, Bella."

And with that, Marcia was out of view, leaving Isabella alone to fend for herself. Isabella turned around and began walking down the hall, looking at each room to see if their were any signs of being coser to the office. Apparently, when Marcia said down the hall, she meant on the other side of the school.

"Great," mumbled Isabella. "Where the hell is the office?"

Isabella sighed and gave up, leaning back agianst the wall, letting her eyes scan over the floor while hoping that maybe someone would happen to come walking by and offer their help. After about five minutes, with no signs of life, Isabella growled out of frustration and kicked the wall while spitting profanities to no one in particular.

"Um... do you need help?"

Isabella was completely relieved when she heard a voice and turned her attention over to its owner, which happened to belong to a boy, "Yeah, do you know where the office is?"

The boys eyes darted around the hallway quickly before settling back on her and smiled nervously, showing most of his teeth, "Uh... yeah... its right this way."

Isabella pushed herself off of the wall and followed him down one hallway and up another before they came to the school office.

"Thank you." smiled Isabella.

The boy shook his head and waved off her thanks, "Its no problem. If I were new, I'd want someone to help me out, too."

Isabella laughed and placed a hand on his shoulder, "Is it that easy to tell that I'm new?"

"No," said the boy. "You're just nice to me."

Isabella scrunched up her nose again and retracted her hand, "What do you mean?"

"You'll see," the boy went on to say something else when the bell rang again. "I better go."

"Wait!" called Isabella. "What's your name?"

The boy peered over his shoulder and half-smiled, "Gerard."

Isabella watched as he hurried down the hall and crowded into a group of some kind of emo-looking kids. Well, that was interesting. He seemed really nervous about something while he was talking to her, but, what was it? He didn't seem like a nerd or a geek but evidently he was because Andrew, Marcia and their gang are pushing them around now. Maybe that's why he was so nervous.
Something about him caught Isabella's eye though. She didn't want to admit it but when she put her hand on his shoulder, something went off. She doesn't know what it is that attracts her to him but maybe it's his light brown eyes or his shaggy black hair. Or maybe it was that smile he showed her. Something about him, though.

_____________________________


"Bella, over here!"

Isabella dodged lunch table after lunch table until she managed to weave her way through the crowd and meet up with Marcia.

"So," grinned Marcia. "How do you like Belleville so far?"

Isabella shrugged and fell into the seat beside Marcia, "It's okay. Not much different from Ohio, though, which is good."

Marcia nodded and attacked her salad with her fork, "Did you meet any interesting people yet? Well, besides me."

Ignorance.

"Yeah," Isabella smiled remembering her earlier encounter. "I met this boy this morning. He seemed really nice."

"A boy?" pressed Marcia. "What boy? Is he cute?"

Isabella felt the heat rise to her cheeks after answering, "A little, yeah."

Marcia smiled widely and began looking around the room, jumping impatiently in her seat, "Who is it, Bella?"

"I think he said his name was Gerard or something."

"No!" gasped Marcia. "Not Gerard Way. You can't like him."

Isabella furrowed her brows and twitched her nose, "Why not? There's no law against me being friends with him, is there? I mean, that's just a little ridiculous."

Marcia shook her head and scratched her neck, "Not really, Bella. But he's friends with all the loser weird kids and since he hangs out with them that makes him one too. You see? If you want to be friends with us, you can't be friends with him."

Isabella shook her head and laughed, "But why? He was really nice."

"He may seem nice but that doesn't mean its okay to be friends. And besides, I know something that might be of interest to you."

Isabella turned her head and quirked an eyebrow, "Like what?"

Marcia smiled wickedly and gestured to the lunch line, "Andrew thinks you're cute."

"Andrew?" Isabella looked over and caught Andrew's eye. Sure enough, he was looking at her. "But what if I don't like Andrew that way?"

"It's better than Gerard Way, Bella. Trust me."

"I highly doubt that." mumbled Isabella.

Marcia narrowed her eyes and pulled her lower lip, "What was that, Bella?"

"Nothing." smiled Isabella. "I didn't say anything."

Marcia nodded and turned her attention back over to her lunch. At that moment, Gerard and his friends wandered into the cafeteria and sat down at one of the smaller tables. Gerard was laughing at something one of his friends had said and absent-mindedly ran one of his hands through his hair. How can she not be friends with him? He seems so nice and was the only kid that didn't force her to be friends with anyone. Unlike Marcia and her legion of pom-poms.
Isabella didn't really know she was staring until Gerard looked over and caught her attention. He smiled his cute little half-smile and waved, which Isabella returned quickly before Marcia saw and scolded her again.
Seemed like Gerard's friends saw because they were pointing over at Isabella and shoving Gerard in the arm while Gerard tried desperatly to hide the blush on his face. It was cute, really.
If given the chance, Isabella would march over there and sit with them instead, but is high school. And if you want to survive you have to do what you have to do. And that means leaving insignificant boys behind and going with the crowd. And right now that seems to be Marcia. The only problem was... could Isabella do that?



A/N - Hello people. This is just a taste of what's to come. If you like it review for me so I know to continue with it. I don't know how long all the chapters will be but there'll be more Gerard coming up since this is just the first one. Alright? R&R for me. Thanks.
Sign up to rate and review this story