Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Just For the Attention

Meet the Press

by silencing 0 reviews

The Epilogue, an exclusive interview with the girls

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor - Published: 2008-12-16 - Updated: 2008-12-17 - 1524 words - Complete

0Unrated
a/n- So my last final of the semester is tomorrow and I'm so sick I can't focus my eyes to read my notes...so I'm typing this up instead. Here's the Epilogue to Just For The Attention. Hope you enjoyed the ride as much as I did, if I'm being honest a lot of this wasn't planned (the sequel sure as hell wasn't). I enjoyed writing it immensely, and your comments only fueled my fires. Please keep a look out for the sequel, tentatively titled: Never Know Until You're There

Thanks are owed to Nik, Chris, Claire and Juliette who helped when I asked, read and gave me their honest opinions, and kicked me in the butt when I needed it.

And Happy Holidays
*
Disco Belles

Two nights ago, Panic at the Disco concluded their five month headlining tour with what can only be described as a truly memorable performance at the Hard Rock Hotel.
Not only did they pull out all the stops on the spectacle of what was to be their last live show with performers, but guitarist and lyricist Ryan Ross not only confirmed his relationship with tour gymnast Nikol Corbett, but proposed to her as a precursor to the finale.
Yesterday, this reporter got the chance to sit down with the two girls from Arizona, who turned a fandom inside out, on what could be considered their first day off in nine months.

Q: Nikol, when Ryan proposed, what went through your mind?
N: Firstly...I was entirely shocked, confused and elated. I did faint after all....that sums it up well.
D: It was fricken hilarious. But still only an 8.7
N: You are so harsh. Hate you
D: Yeah. In that love kind of way

Q: What's it like to travel with the same people for that long?
D: Sometimes it's comforting, but sometimes you just wan to them all in the nads.
N: Invasive...you lose all privacy. But it's great none the less.

Q: What was one thing on this tour you did that you thought you would never do?
N: See Dani in a meaningful relationship. Oh...hi!
D: You're a whore.
N: Your turn to answer. So. Answer.
D: Whore...probably the table dancing from one night at a club. My top was on, but it was a pretty packed house

Q: What motivated to audition in the first place?
D: I wanted the experience, but I also was in it to promote my sport. It just seemed like the sort of adventure I needed at the time.
N: I did it for fun...and because it was a learning experience. It wasn't like what people have been saying, we weren't in it just for the attention.

Q: How did you feel you handled the fans' reactions to your relationships?
N: As well as can be expected, I think. Some things were out of left field. It could have been worse.
D: Honestly...pretty terrible at first. I wasn't prepared for some of the blatant hostility, but I've gotten used to it now, and actually, it's gradually been getting better.

Q: What's in store for you next?
D: I've got a student teaching job lined up at a high school back home, so I'll be heading back there soon to apartment hunt.
N: Well. I'm staying on with the boys for the next tour, maybe doing some keyboard work. Then I'm going to work for DecayDance as a graphic designer/merchandise manager.

Q: What was your favourite moment or memory from the tour?
N: Singing “Out Tonight” and “Camisado” at karaoke. That was hilarious. I embarrassed Dani with “Out Tonight”.
D: You did not. And for me, I would say it was about two months into our relationship when Brendon took me on out only official “date”. It was absolutely perfect, and it was nice to get away from the chaos for a moment and function as a regular couple.

Q: What is your worst memory of the tour?
N: Walking into my room the morning after Dani and Brendon “made up” after a fight. More bare flesh than I've ever needed to see.
D: ...You know he looks good.
N: By good you mean: Claw-out-my-eyes-out-worthy, than sure.
D: You have no appreciation for the finer things in life.
N: Bite me. Now. ANSWER!
D: Damn. Alright. Chill. It was the visit to the emergency room. There was tension there you could cut with a knife.

Q: What was your favourite stop on the tour?
N: New York City. There was such high energy.
D: Phoenix. I missed home!

Q: What was the worst stop?
N: The Palace at Auburn Hills in Detroit.
D: Miami. Too damn sticky.

Q: If you could have done anything else on the tour, what would it have been?
N: Relaxed more when the chances were there. Very stressful some nights.
D: Worked the merch booth. Fangirls amused me to no end.

Q: Okay, c'mon, you have to have some dirt on the guys.
D: Brendon sleeps with a teddy if I'm not there.
N: Spencer is actually very loud spoken. Sometimes Ryan is more fun loving than he lets on. And I've gotten Jon in eyeliner.
D: Also, Ryan likes Barbie.
N: I thought that was Brendon? Oh. Wait. He like Ken.
D: Well he does have his faults. And Jon calls himself Captain Amazing-Man after too many drinks.
N: Spencer has SpongeBob boxers and has no qualms with running around the bus in them.
D: He fell asleep on the couch like that once, so we wrote on his chest in lipstick.
N: I remember that! I have photos of that somewhere.
D: I'll sell them for cheap!!

Q: Did you develop any new hobbies over the course of the tour?
N: I write before I go to sleep now.
D: Besides becoming a fill in teddy bear, I've learned how to juggle any kind of object instead of just batons.

Q: Do you have any nicknames for the guys?
D: I call Spencer “Pookie”.
N: I call Jon “Honey Bear”.
D: And Brendon now responds to “Slave”, does that count?
N: Ryan's...just Ryan.
D: Until night falls, then he's “Mr. Moves”, RyHo for short.
N: …...I do not! You're. A. Whore.
D: And?
N: Next?

Q: Have you heard anything about the next tour?
N: Of course...but I'd have to kill you if I told you.
D: All we're really allowed to say, is that's it's in the works and it's sponsored. More than that, and they give our souls to Disney.

Q: Do you have any dirt on any of the other performers?
N: Chris isn't considerate. Tracy's got a hilarious sense of balance.
D: Brian thinks he's funny, but occasionally ends up being offensive. Not that I don't find that funny of course. Tracy takes the longest showers and Chris is a softie when it comes to his girl.
N: And Dani's a whore. She hates waking up, too.
D: Careful, I could write novels about you.
N: Same.

Q: Was there any drama going on behind the scenes?
N: ...Drama? Uh. Lots.
D: You put that many people together on a tour for that long? There were cat fights daily, but that's part of the glory really.
N: True enough, drama happens.

Q: Do you think that you two grew closer together or further apart on the tour?
D: I think it improved if nothing else. It probably would have fallen apart if one of us weren't here, but seeing each other grow during this really just brought us closer together.
N: I agree. I think our friendship can survive anything now, and it will. This has been amazing for us both.

Q: Do you think you made any lasting friendships on the tour?
N: Yeah. I love the boys and a few of the other performers.
D: Oh definitely. Besides the band, I totally bonded with a couple of dancers, Juliette and Claire and the other performers were absolutely amazing to spend time with

Q: What about anyone else on the tour, like staff?
N: If I give Zack anymore heart attacks because I'm late or whatever, he'll kill me. Love to him!
D: Zack's an asshole. But my merchmen, Ron and Lee are made of win, and Shane's my main man.
N: Zack got us our reservation at the karaoke club, though!
D: Yeah, but he's mean to me. Worst piggyback rides ever.

Q: Do you think there was any one person on the tour that was your confidant?
N: I leaned on Jon like no one's business. He dealt with a crying Nikol.
D: I spent a lot of time talking to Spence backstage, but I really looked to Cassie and Haley when it came to the relationship stuff.

Q: Is there anything you would like to say as a final word to the fans?
N: Thanks a remember to chill a bit. We're people too.
D: Thanks for all the supporters and fans out there. This was an amazing experience and I wouldn't trade it for anything.
Sign up to rate and review this story