Categories > Original > Romance > Sarah

Sarah

by KoraLuv 0 reviews

Sarah Anderton is a 17 year old girl who writes in her journal daily, misses her best friend, and has an annoying little sister.

Category: Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama, Romance - Published: 2006-03-16 - Updated: 2006-03-16 - 866 words

0Unrated
Sarah Anderton slowly dipped her quill into the inkwell, and paused as she contemplated what to write in her journal. The day had been uneventful and boring, but just like she did at the end of every day; she got out her journal and tried to write something down. As she thought, she glanced around her room looking at the new curtains her mother had just finished for her. They were a pale blue and so thin that you could almost see through them, she absolutely loved them and could not wait to finish the rest of the redecorating that her mother had promised her. Her bedspread was to be replaced and they were going to dye her rug a light blue like the currents and bed spread, she hoped it would look beautiful next to all of the dark wood that had made her room so depressing before. Sarah looked back at her journal and found that she had a big ink spot right in the center of her fresh white page; oh blast Sarah thought. It's dried. Now I've ruined my brand new journal, and I don't even know what to write. This day has been so boring; I wish Mirabelle had not moved. Mirabelle was her best friend in the whole world and last month her parents had forced her to move a whole ocean away. Well, Sarah thought, that's not quite true. It's really only a whole hour away, but when she used to live a five minute walk away, that is forever. I have got to find something to write about in my journal. A brand new journal and I've got nothing to write about. I guess I'll write about the weather.

September 7
The weather today was just weather not to hot or cold. I guess in that way it was nice, but so boring, which means I have nothing to write about. I miss Mirabelle I wish father would buy me my own horse so I could go see her when ever I wanted, maybe if I asked mother to talk to him he would. Well this journal entry is going from bad to worse so I'm going to go to bed and maybe tomorrow will be more eventful.

Sarah stood up, closed her journal, and walked across the room to her dresser. She pulled open the very bottom drawer and lifted up the false bottom. Her father had made it to keep Rosemary out of her journals. So far, Rosie had not found her journals, I wonder how long that will last Sarah thought, forever probably not. She closed the false bottom and reached for her nightgown. She unbuttoned the back of her dress reaching all but the last couple of buttons. Sarah then flung the dress over the back of the armchair and slipped into her nightgown, quickly scampering across the floor she jumped into bed blew out the lamp, and pulled up the covers. Oh its cold, Sarah shivered I wish I had thought of the foot warmer, and my hair, and teeth. I did not say goodnight to mother either. Oh well one night won't hurt.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"Sarah, Sarah! Sarah! Hurry get up, Sarah!" Sarah turned over and gave her sister a glare, "Rosie what do you want its barely even morning".
"Momma says she's going to take us to town to buy fabric for new dresses," Rosie exclaimed, "Sarah get up."
"Rosie, the sun is hardly even up. There is no way I'm getting for at least another hour" "But Sarah."
"Rosie go away."
"Momma, Sarah's not getting up, momma, momma..."
A new dress may be even a new party dress, a peach one with cream. No, a gold one with red, or a purple one with lots of ruffles. Oh, I don't know. A new dress! Sarah suddenly sat up and bounced out of bed and ran to the closet. throwing open the doors she stared at her dresses. Maybe mother can make over some of my old dresses to fit Rosie, then I could get a few more. Rosie would never go for that.
Boom! The door slammed open, "Sarah! Get up!" Rosie yelled.
"I'm up Rosie, I'm up".
"Oh, well," Rosie paused and then said" stop standing there and get dressed. I want to go to town."
"Ok Rosie, I know. Where's your nanny anyways?"
"She is helping Viviy get dressed," then giving Sarah a superior look exclaimed, "besides momma says next year I won't need a nanny."
"Vivian is going to be 10 years old in almost 2 months," Sarah mused, "she has grown up so fast." Sarah glanced at her sister and absentmindedly asked "what should I wear?" then astounded saw Rosie sit down in her armchair and bellowed, "Rosie, get out of here so I can get dressed."
"Ok, I'll go see if breakfast is ready."
"Rosie! Breakfast is not even ready yet, oh! You are so infuriating. Go annoy someone else."
"Ok, ok I'm leaving," Rosie pouted, "Just hurry. I want to go to town."
"I know Rosie, you don't have to keep telling me" Sarah turned back to her closet, and looked at her dresses. Now what do I wear?
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Sign up to rate and review this story