Categories > Anime/Manga > Sailor Moon > Mortal Kombat: Quest for the Moon

Chapter Seven: Lover's Quarrel?!

by Zpan_Sven 0 reviews

The Guard returns to inform them the tournament is about to resume and Mileena informs Serenity of some terrifying news. As they return to the Arena, we see that among the audience is Serenity's a...

Category: Sailor Moon - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Crossover, Romance - Characters: Ami (Mercury), Haruka (Uranus), Makoto (Jupiter), Michiru (Neptune), Minako (Venus), Pluto, Rei (Mars), Saturn, Tuxedo Kamen, Usagi (Moon) - Warnings: [?] [V] - Published: 2006-03-16 - Updated: 2006-03-17 - 2194 words

0Unrated
MORTAL KOMBAT: QUEST FOR THE MOON
AUTHOR: Zpan Sven
E-MAIL: Zpan(underscore)Sven(at)hotmail(dot)com
DISCLAIMER: I do not own Sailor Moon or Mortal Kombat, blah blah blah yadda yadda blah...
SUMMARY: Usagi and Shingo leave their abusive foster family after a fierce argument with Sailor Mars to compete in an ancient and mystical tournament called Mortal Kombat.
CHAPTER SUMMARY: The Guard returns to inform them the tournament is about to resume and Mileena informs Serenity of some terrifying news. As they return to the Arena, we see that among the audience is Serenity's adopted family as well as the Sailor Senshi.
Fight 3: Serenity versus Endymion.
Fight 4: Stryker versus Rain.
After the two battles, the Chosen are once more allowed a recess and they assemble in the Dining Hall to snack and confer for battle plans. The Audience is allowed to enter the Dining Hall for a snack and Ami informs them that the Palace and Tournament existed even before the reign of Queen Serenity the first. When informed that some of the Chosen are of nonhuman origin, Makoto assumes they are Youma until Scorpious warns them to be careful whom they address as such. The Senshi reveal the hostility they hold for Rei as she mistakenly assumes that the Chosen Warrior Serenity is not Usagi. When Setsuna defends her Princess, Rei makes another comment, only to be interrupted by the Prince of Saturn!
AUTHOR'S NOTES: I'm not very fond of Rei/Sailor Mars nor Endymion/Tuxedo Kamen. I have aged Shingo to be Usagi's twin brother instead of her younger one and they live with people they believe to be their foster parents; they are aware the couple is not their biological parents.
"Speech."
'Thoughts.'
/Telepathy/
WARNINGS: Angst, sexual situation, extreme language, and violence.
RATING: PG-13 to R
GENRE: Action & Adventure/Martial Arts/Supernatural
ARCHIVE: ask, and ye shall receive (more than likely)
- -
-
-
-
CHAPTER SEVEN: LOVER'S QUARREL?! -
-
-
The sound of the guard coming back broke the group apart.

"The gong to re-start the fights is about to be sounded. You might want to get back to the arena before hand, or Khan might get suspicious," the guard warned.

"Thank you, Lucan." Mileena said.

The Guard, Lucan, nodded before he spoke, "You're welcome."

"Let's go kick ass, Ladies." Serenity said with a vicious grin.

'It's good to have you back to normal, Serenity-hime,' Shi thought as he silently followed the four women back to the arena.

"Milady, there is something you must know about one of Khan's new fighters," Mileena cautioned.

"Which is?" Serenity asked.

"It's Prince Endymion. What might be worse, he's not brainwashed; he's serving Khan willingly, hoping to usurp him after the tournament. And...Serenity-hime, Endymion is Shao Khan's son," Mileena said with Jade nodding in confirmation.

Shi bit his lip hard enough to draw blood to keep from cursing out loud and giving his position away. Several expletives ran though his head in a multitude of dead languages. This was not a good day...
-
-
-
-
-
Hidoi Ikuko fanned herself with her program and frowned as the fighters came back to the arena. She wasn't sure why she and her husband had been brought here, but she had a feeling it had to do with those two demon children she and her husband had so generously taken in. Sitting beside his wife, Kenji sipped his beer while watching the assembled fighters. In several seats behind them sat The Inner Senshi, excluding Mars whom was sitting a few seats away from the Hidoi couple. In the row behind the Inners sat the Outer Senshi. Each individual had been invited as spectators to witness a martial arts tournament called Mortal Kombat. So far they had seen a mutated man killed by a robot and a ninja in black and dark purple beat the crap out of another ninja in black and red in less than five minutes.

Rei frowned to herself as a female fighter with silver hair done up in the royal hairstyle of the Moon Kingdom stepped into view. 'That can't be that baka Odango Amata... she hasn't klutzed out and started crying!' the dark-haired Senshi thought, not knowing that she was about to receive the surprise of her life...
-
-
-
-
-
Shao Khan took another scroll from his Shadow Priest and smiled cruelly at the Chosen of Earth Realm before announcing:

"Serenity versus Endymion."

Several jaws -- all the Senshi excluding Pluto -- dropped in the audience and Makoto and Haruka had to be held down so that they would not interfere in the battle about to take place.

Serenity stepped into the arena and casually flicked back a strand of silver hair, her silvery-blue eyes hard as the form of Endymion stepped into the arena. Gracefully she lowered into the fighting stance she and her twin had been instructed to use since they were old enough to walk, watching as Endymion lowered into a stance she recognized as one used by upper members of OutWorld's echelon.

"FIGHT!!" Shao Khan bellowed.

Serenity back-flipped as Endymion hurled himself at her; she landed gracefully before propelling herself into the air, bringing her foot up and performing a perfect jump kick which slammed into his jaw. The son of Shao Khan was sent reeling as the tsuki-hime landed on the arena's stone floor. Flowing elegantly, she preformed a handstand, rotating her hips and swinging her legs in a helicopter kick, striking Endymion in the torso and head several times before placing her feet back on solid ground. Leaping backwards into a defensive crouch, Serenity watched as Endymion struck the ground and snarl viciously as he pushed himself to his feet.

Serenity leapt forward once more and attempted another jump kick, only for Endymion to capture her leg, shift his weight to knock her off balance, and swing the tsuki-hime around before releasing her. She was slammed into a column, the air whooshing from her lungs as she slid down the cold marble, much like Ermac from the previous bought. Gasping for breath as Endymion began to run towards her, Serenity regained the much needed oxygen as he moved into his attack, swiftly rolling out of the way of his slide kick. As she sprang to her feet, the tsuki-hime let loose a snapping high kick to the OutWorld prince's jaw, sending him reeling.

Delivering a low sweep-kick, Serenity knocked Endymion down once more and raised a slender, muscular leg up, promptly performing a leg drop over his chest, cracking his ribs from the force of the blow. Back-flipping away from him as he forced himself to his feet, she spun elegantly the second her feet touched the arena floor and landed a brutal roundhouse kick across his jaw for his efforts. He collapsed to the stone floor and choked on his own blood. Serenity raised her doubled fists and slammed them down onto the back of his head, knocking him into unconsciousness.

Shao Khan stared at Serenity as the tsuki-hime straightened up and looked at him defiantly. Crimson clashed with silvery-blue as the two glared at one another.

"Serenity wins." Khan snarled.

She smirked as he looked away and strode gracefully back to the other Chosen of Earth. Endymion was picked up by a couple of Khan's Shadow Priests and carried back inside for healing. Another Shadow Priest handed another scroll to Shao Khan and as he read it, his cruel smirk returned.

"Stryker versus Rain," Shao Khan announced.

A ninja in black and purplish-gray stepped into the arena. This was Rain, once a citizen of the Realm of Paradise and Peace, Edenia, forced into fighting for his people's conqueror to protect his Princess and comrades. Stryker nodded grimly and adjusted his fingerless gloves as he stepped into the arena with the ninja. Both men bowed to one another and lowered into their respective stances.

"FIGHT!!"

Stryker and Rain lunged at one another and met in a flurry of punches and kicks. Rain's head snapped backwards as Stryker's high punch broke through his defenses and landed squarely on the ninja's masked chin. The ninja staggered briefly and the police officer leapt forward to take advantage of his opponent's weakness only to be meet by Rain's high kick. The human warrior was sent flying head over heels and landed hard on his stomach. He rolled out of the way of Rain's leg drop and pushed himself to his feet. Stryker's head snapped backwards as Rain let loose a barrage of high punches to the police officer's chin. The Chosen warrior of Earth hit the ground once more and Rain picked the police officer up by the front of his shirt.

"I'm sorry," Stryker heard Rain mutter right before the ninja slammed his knee into his gut. Gasping for breath, the human tried to double over reflexively but was met by Rain's uppercut punch and sent flying backwards.

Stryker struck the ground and had what little breath in him whooshed out from his lungs and he struggled to breath.

"Finish him." Shao Khan declared.

Rain bowed his head, careful to keep his eyes downcast so that the Emperor and his lackeys would not see the hate and disgust in the Edenian warrior's dark eyes. He straightened up and strode over to the gasping Human. The Edenian raised his fist and slammed it down hard across Stryker's jaw, knocking the policeman out cold.

"Rain wins." Shao Khan declared in a frigid tone and Rain concealed a wince; the Emperor would not be pleased by the Edenian's merciful gesture to Stryker.

"An hour long recess is granted for the noon-time meal." Shao Khan announced.

"It doesn't feel like noon," Serenity said to Tranquility as Clarimond scooped Stryker up into a fireman's carry.

"Agreed," Magnus said from where he had been leaning against the wall. "But I am hungry, and so are the others. Let us grab a brief meal and rest in that time before we fight again."

"How long will this fighting last?" Kung Loa asked.

"A week at the least -- it can go on so long as a month. It varies on how long the bouts are - and that is determined by the skill of the warriors in the fights." Rayden answered as the Chosen of Earth walked out of the arena and into the dining hall, unaware of the trouble that would soon break out...
-
-
-
-
-
The Sailor Senshi walked into the dining hall, most of the Inners in awe of the ancient architecture and the wide variety of people. Discreetly, Ami brought out the Mercury computer and began scanning the room, recording most of what was in it.

"Amazing! The Mercury computer informs me that this Palace and Tournament existed even before the reign of Queen Serenity the first!" Ami exclaimed softly to her comrades. "And some of these fighters are not Human!"

"Youma?" Makoto asked as she tensed up, ready to Henshin and kick ass if needed.

"No," stated a dark baritone behind them.

Ami's computer began to beep frantically as they whirled around to see a towering, muscular man in a black and dark gold ninja's uniform. The man's gold eyes were narrowed as he glared at the beeping computer, then at them. They remembered seeing him in the box of Earth's Chosen, staying close to the shadows.

"Just because something is not a Human does not automatically make it a monster," the man stated. "And be careful what you say around most of these warriors, especially those of OutWorld or members of my family."

"Scorpious!" a red-haired woman called, "Hurry up and eat, brother! I hear that you might be in the next bout."

The man, Scorpious, turned and spoke to the woman, "I am on my way, Sabra." He looked at them once more. "Remember my words, Humans."

Scorpious strode away from the Senshi and towards a group of fighters.

"Of all the nerve!!" Rei exclaimed in outrage of the man's rude and callous attitude.

"Shut up. And did we not say that you are to stay away from us, traitor?!" snarled Haruka, who curled her hands into fists threateningly.

Rei stepped away and looked around franticly when she saw the tsuki-hime in the group of fighters.

"It is Serenity!" Rei exclaimed. "I knew that Odango Amata couldn't be the true princess! And I bet that baka Shingo wasn't the real prince either!"

"The ones you insult are the Prince and Princess. You do not recognize them, Traitor." Setsuna said coldly, "Both were forced to hide their true appearance and personalities so that the enemy would never find us. The reason neither was not as graceful as in the past was because of the disguise and the fact that though though they were reborn on this planet, they were unused to the gravity."

"Doomo/, Puu." A silvery voice said from behind the Sailor Senshi and there behind them stood the /tsuki-hime herself. Behind Serenity, in various defensive stances were Tranquility and several of the warriors of Earth, even the bruised and battered Stryker.

"How can she be the Princess when she attacked her Prince! She and Endymion---" Rei began.

"Were never engaged," stated the quiet and deadly voice of the Prince of Saturn.
Sign up to rate and review this story