Categories > Anime/Manga > Loveless > Loveless' Heart

I have my sister's fighter unit?

by Inuyisha 1 review

Heartless, Loveless, What's going on here? Heartless' sister, Adored ,Died? Sound familiar?

Category: Loveless - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Ritsuka,Soubi - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2008-07-17 - Updated: 2008-12-19 - 1870 words

0Unrated
My head is on my desk in my bedroom. My head is killing me. My body numb. My tongue refused to move. Why did it happen? How could it happen? I lifted my head off the table and wiped the tears from my eyes. Then I punch my wall. I punch it again and again, until my knuckles are bleeding. My Father bursts in my room and grabs me.

“ Calm down Ai!” My Father yells.

I punch at him, but fail because he is behind me.

“ Aikage! Aikage!” My father yells my name over and over agin, but I cease to care.

“ Sakura.” My Father says gently.

I immediately clam down. The anniversary of my sister’s death is today. Her name is Sakura Akaharumaru. Sakura has been gone for a year now. When I saw her dying, I asked her who had done it to her. She just smiled at me and coughed up some blood. I asked her again, and this time she answered me.

“ Beloved.”

That was all she said before her eyes no longer held life. That particular day was January 10th, her birthday.

“ Now its time for you to go to school.” My father says as he lets go of me.

I nod and grab my backpack. I wish my Father a good day and walk out the door, and head for my middle school. While I’m walking, I see girls with what is either their mother, sister, or friend. My tail wraps around my waist to show my sadness. I wipe the tears from my eyes and run full speed to my school. I stop when I reach the stairs. I climb up the stairs and stop when I hear laughter. I start to turn away but, I hear my Father’s and Sister’s words.

“ Give it a try.” Father smiles at me as he says that.

“You don’t have to go to the same middle school I went to. You know, if you go to another middle school, maybe the kids there will like you because of you and not because they know you’re my younger sister. Now give hit a try for me.” Sakura Onee-san says to me while patting my head, causing me to purr.


Alright. I’ll give it a shot.’ I think as I walk through the door.

A teacher is there to meet me.

“ Are you the new student?” She asks me while nervously straighting her hair.

“ Hai Sensei.” I say with a bow.

She grabs my hand and leads me to the classroom. All the students look at us as we walk in.

“ Class, this is your new classmate.” Sensei says.

“ Yo, my name is Aikage Akaharumaru.” I say with a smile.

“ Do you mind if they ask you some questions?” Sensei asks me.

“ No, not at all.” I say.

“ Why are you tail and ears red and blue?” A blonde with pink ears asks me.

“ I don’t know, they’ve been like that my whole life.” I say.

“ Yuiko wants to know why Aikage has caramel colored skin.” Yuiko asks me.

“ I’m not fully Japanese. My mother is African American. My Father is Japanese.” I answer.

“ Then why does Aikage have waist length jet black hair with red streaks?” Yuiko asks.

“ I did the streaks myself,” I lied, “But the black hair comes from my Father.” I say as my tail wraps around my waist again.

“ Why does Aikage’s tail look like a fox’s?” Yuiko asks.

“ I don’t know.” I say as my ears flatten on my head.

“ Aikage… Do you know why you’re parents named you Aikage?” Sensei asks me.

“ Love Shadow… Its because I was loved by everyone as a baby.” I reply.

“ Why don’t you sit by Yuiko.” Sensei asks me.

I nod and walk over to Yuiko. I take the seat on her left.

“ Hey, I’m Yuiko Hawatari.” She said.

I smile in greeting.

“ I’m Ritsuka Aoyagi” A raven haired boy on Yuiko’s right said to me.

“ Nice to meet you both. I hope we become friends.” I say to them before the bell rings.

Yuiko-chan, Ritsuka-kun, and I all get up and walk outside.

“ Ritsuka.” A male voice calls.

All three of us turn around to see an adult long blonde haired male.

“ Soubi.” Ritsuka says.

Soubi walks up to us and smiles.

This guy has Ritsuka-kun’s scent, so I guess I can trust him.’ I think as I relax a little.

“ And who’d you’re new friend Ritsuka-kun?” Soubi asks him.

“ My name is Aikage Akaharumaru.” I say.

“ Your last name is a mouthful to say Aikage-chan.” Soubi says with surprise in his voice.

“ That’s why my sister and I shortened it up to Akaharu.” I say.

“ Come to think of it, where is your sister?” Yuiko asks me.

“ Dead.” I say with no emotion whatsoever.

“ How did she die?”

“ I dunno. All she said when I asked her was ‘Beloved’.” I say.

Ritsuka angrily turned towards me.

‘” There’s no way that my brother killed your sister!” Ritsuka yelled.

“ Calm down Ritsuka. Aikage, what was your sister’s name?” Soubi asks me.

“ Sakura.” I say.

“ Do you know her real name?”

“ Adored.” I say before I see Soubi’s eyes darken.

“ Ritsuka, I’m afraid Seimei did kill her sister.” Soubi says.

I take one step back with tears forming at my eyes. I turn around and run.

“ Aikage, wait!” Soubi says.

I stop. Bad idea a car was coming at me. I stand there too frightened to move. I close my eyes and wait for the pain. Instead, I feel two arms wrap around my waist and pull me away from harm’s way. My vision is blurred, so I wipe my eyes. I look up at the person who saved me. An adult male with long silver hair, amberish lavender narrow eyes, pencil thin eyebrows, and he was smiling at me.

“ Aikage.” The person says to me.

“ Who are you and how do you know my name!?” I demand.

“ Your sister didn’t tell you about me?” He asks me, his voice a soothing baritone.

“ No! Kura-onee-san never told me that she had an adult friend.” I yell.

“ My name is Yuki Inuharu.” He says.

“ Snow DogWhite?” I ask, trying out my Japanese translations.

Yuki-san laughs.

“ Almost.” He chuckles.

The faintest of real smiles appear on my face.

“ What are you doing here Soubi?” Yuki asks as his eyes narrow into slits.

“ I’m Ritsuka’s fighter unit. You?” Soubi says, his voice hard.

Not wanting anyone to start a fight, I grab Yuki’s hand.

“ Come on, lets go for a walk.” I say while walking into the direction of the park.

“ Okay.” Yuki says while letting me lead him.

Minutes later, we arrive at the park. I take Yuki to an open area, take off my backpack, and stretch. I look at Yuki and he gives me a perplexed look.

“ I’m going to try out for a gymnastics team. That way I can be alittle more like my sister.” I say.

“ Is that what you want, or what your father wants?” Yuki asks me.

The question momentarily catches mr off guard. My eyes darken as I think about the question.

“ It’s what I want.” I lie after two minutes.

“ No… Its what your Father wants. Isn’t it?” Yuki says, seeing through my lie.

“ Yes.”I say as I sit down onto the grass.

Yuki sits by me and puts his hands on my head. Somehow or another, I start to purr. Wait a second. Purr? For Yuki? The only person I ever purred for was Kura-onee-san.

“ It seems I know how to make both Akaharu sisters purr.” Yuki says

“ Do not!” I say.

Yuki removes his hand and tickles me with it. I start to giggle.

“ I don’t hunh?” Yuki asks while tickling me with both hands.

This time, I’m laughing my head off. My ears are twitching and my tail is swinging madly around my waist.

“ Okay… ahahaha… you…do… heeheeheeahahaha….knowhowtomaketheAkaharusisterspurr.” I laugh.

Yuki stops tickling me and laughs.

“ I’m glad your onee-san was so playful.” Yuki says.

Yuki’s smile quickly disappears. Yuki stands up and I also stand.

“ Yuki, what’s wrong?” I ask.

I see his eyes narrow. His lips slowly part, as if he was warning someone. I heard a rustle in the bushes. Two people appear from the bushes. I recognize one of them as Heather Gamanichi.

“ What do you want?” Yuki asks them.

“ We came here to get Heartless.” The girl says.

I give Yuki a puzzled look. Yuki grabs me and pulls me into a hug.

“ You will not take my Sacrifice.” Yuki says.

“ So your serving a new master too hunh?” Heather asks.

“ Kagura, you and this Heather make up the ‘ careless’ unit?” Yuki asks.

“ Cut the talk, and lets fight.” Heather says.

“ I declare battle.” Kagura says.

“ I accept… Automatic mode.” Yuki says his voice no longer a soothing baritone, but a cold rough baritone.

“ Oh, I see.” Heather chuckles.

I’m looking at Yuki and see all their stances. My sister and I used to do this a lot. So I think that they’re playing the game Sakura-onee-san and I used to play.

“ Slash!” Kagura says while moving her arm downward.

“ Denied.” Yuki says while putting up one of his hands.

“ Reflect, no negative energy shall touch him.” I say.

The attack goes back to Kagura and Heather screams. Yuki picks me up bridle style and looks at me.

“ How do you know how to do this?” He asks me.

“ This is like a game Kura-onee-san and I used to play.” I say.

“ Slice them into pieces!” Kagura yells.

“ Defense.” Yuki says.

“ Help him defend his loved one.” I say before the attack subsides.

“ Would you like to go home?” Yuki asks.

“ And go to shed your tears?” I ask and in a flash of light, Heather and Kagura are gone.

“ Are you okay?” Yuki asks me, his voice back to its normal tone.

“ Yeah. Just a little shaken up. That’s all.” I say while snuggling into his chest.

I feel his chin between my ears. As a response, my ears bow low to my head.

“ I love you, Aimaru.” Yuki says.

He used the nickname my sister had given me. Tears start to stream down my eyes. Yuki pulls me closer and gently shushes me. I nod against his chest and feel something cool touch my ear. I look up and see that Yuki is crying I reach up and gently wipe his tears away.

“ Yun-kun… Please don’t cry.” I whimpered.

He tilts his face into my palm and smiles.

“ I’m crying because I’m happy you didn’t get hurt.” Yuki says to me.

“ I’m happy that you didn’t get hurt too Yun-kun.” I say as he brings his face closer to mine.

“ Aimaru. You need to rest.” Yuki says to me.

“ But I’m not…” I trail off as a strong wave of sleep washes over me and I fall asleep.
Sign up to rate and review this story