Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > ~X~ Fix Your Eyes ~X~

Chapter Six: Gerard's Promise

by allikitty699 1 review

Can Gerard make good on his promise?

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Published: 2008-12-25 - Updated: 2008-12-26 - 343 words - Complete

1Original
Author's Note: Things finally get kind of cute (I hope). I really, really hope you like it. I'm very critical of my writing, and I don't think my friends would be honest about their impressions of my writing, so I really appreciate any comments you could possibly give.

Chapter 6. Gerard’s Promise
Frankie
It was hard. Okay, strike that. It was really hard.
Gerard barely got through it. I barely got through it. There were relapses, there was blame, and there was anger. But no way was it as bad as it had been before.
In the middle of the night, I laid my head on his chest. He wrapped and arm around me, fingers gently tracing over my side. Gerard had finally recovered, and I was so happy.
“I love you,” he whispered.
“Love you back,” I answered, snuggling up to him.
“How long has it been that we’ve done this without me getting up for a drink?” Gerard asked.
I smiled and kissed his chest. “A long time. I missed it.”
Gerard nodded and grinned down at me. He looked so cute with his hair falling into his face. I sat up and gave him a peck on the lips. “So, we’re recording tomorrow, right?”
Gerard nodded, eyes closed. “Yeah. ‘Ghost of You’ first.”
I just held him closer. “You know…”
“What?” he asked, his eyebrows knit together. “Something wrong?”
And suddenly I couldn’t bring myself to say it.
So I smiled and answered, “No. I guess I was just thinking.”
How could I tell him that fame had ruined his life once, and that it could do it again? And how I hated being photographed everywhere I went? And how I (selfishly) wanted him all to myself?
But most of all, I wanted him to be happy. So I bit my tongue and tried to smile as I watched him drift off to sleep.

Author's Note: Review and rate, or the Nelson twins will turn up on your doorstep. Wow. That's one hell of an outdated reference.
Sign up to rate and review this story