Categories > Anime/Manga > D.Gray-man

Within a Heart

by Mz-Authoress 0 reviews

Why did it changed? Is it evolving? She kept asking more questions to herself. What was bothering her was how her Innocence changed when she was battling Road. It seemed pretty weird to her that...

Category: D.Gray-man - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2008-12-26 - Updated: 2008-12-26 - 1182 words

-1Boring
Night 01: To London's Headquarters


Midnight, such a cold, dark midnight . A night that made a young woman whose locks of red hair covered her porcelain face, shiver up and down as The darkness that could become more dark, followed her as she walked . The coldness became more cold as as a warning of evilness coming. It was not fear, nor the coldness that made her shiver. The reason was that the town felt quiet and eerie as if a plague struck the town and left no one alive.

She arrived at London at midnight and began making her way to the Exorcist Headquarters. the young female exorcist, Diana whose lips turned into a smile, her face somewhat relieved she arrived in London without fighting any Akuma.

Ever since her encounter with the Earl, those dreadful Akumas had been after her to molest her of her peace. She was badly wanted by the Evil One. Akumas meant as a warning to Diana, to keep her rich-honey eyes alert for her kidnapping.

All those years training under General Cloud, her powers have indeed increased, but one thing that has bothered her all these years, is the curse mark the Earl had given her. A curse that completely changed her life, of her trueself.

It hurted her so much, it was an unbearable pain. A pain that no one else could understand, a pain that felt as if she was slowly dying away. She could not fight in such a condition, and everytime she fought, she felt darkness overwhelm her.

She was no longer the same.

Her decidion was to lay low for some time until she could get back to her ownself, but these Akuma kept appearing out of nowhere. There was no escape. With the mark, the Earl knew about her whereabouts. She was no longer safe.

As Diana walked down the path, a path the seemed it was leading her to hell, she looked at her surroundings and noticed something strange about the city. A fog took over inmediately, making it impossible to see.

She stopped in her tracks and looked around to see what was going on when she felt an odd presence hanging in the air; noot a pleasent one either.

"who's there?" She called out Looking around desperately. There was no answer, only the same evil chuckle she heard before.

She heard footsteps coming her way. She stood in fighting stance, waiting for the moment to be attacked. As she was about to activate her Innocence, her curse mark interfere and her heart began to hurt.

The pain was so unbearable she kneeled down and clutch her heart with her right hand. Her vision was beginning to fade away ans she fought it back. No avail.

"Who Are You!" She yelled louder, making her heart hurt more. She shut her eyes and she felt the presence closer.

"Now, now don't need to be bossy" it said. Diana recognized that voice from somewhere, it sounded so familiar, but why couldn't she remember.

"Who are you and what do you want" She hissed staring at a figure before her. She could tell it was a figure of someone.

He laughed "I didn't come here to fight you, I just wanted to see you" he said. At the end of the alley, she could see a shadow. It was definetly a male, tall, dressed elegantly. Though, she could not see his face.

When she got to look at him clearly, she then remembered who he was. Tyki.

"Well, don't you look pretty" he came closer to her as She stepped back, still clutching her chest. The pain would not go away and her vision became more blurry.

"Leave me alone! I don't want anything with you or the Earl" She shot back, backing away from him as possible

" I can't leave you alone. A beautiful lady like yourself should not be walking alone in the middle of the night" he sounded very sinister.

" just go away!" She cried out. Her eyes glaring at the handsome man standing before her. Her fists tightened hard, her blood boiling, making her poor heart suffer in pain.

As he came closer, her curse mark began to glow . She couldn't take the pain so she cried it out. S cry, that can be heard through out England.

"Why don't you just give in to the darkness Lady Diana? that way the curse mark won't hurt you. Can't you see that if you give in, all the pain you're going through will go away? If you keep fighting it back, you'll die" he lit up a cigarette and began smoking, taking all the smoke out.

Diana on the other hand said nothing, she stood on the ground thinking.
Why would the earl want her to give in to darkness? What is it the he wants from her.

"I bet you're asking yourself why does the Earl want you, am I right?" he asked her, finishing his cigarette before throwing it away.

She looked up at him, hoping he would give her the answer she was looking for.

"You're very special Diana, that's all I'm going to say. You'll find out who you really are soon enough" He left her and disappeared along with the fog. More question filled her mind and stood up as her curse mark stopped burning.

She looked around her once again, and the scenery was completely different than she saw before. This time, lively humans were walking around.

Diana cursed under her breath, still panting from the surprise Tiky just gave her. She touched her chest, where her heart layed. Closing her eyes, she hoped to be much stronger to overcome the curse.

Taking a deep sigh, calming herself from the encounter, She grabbed her small case went on to the Headquarters. Pretending to act like this incident never happened. But, she still couldn't get the Tyki's words out of her mind. The danger was about to begin.

Diana approached the Headquarters and was greeted by the gatekeeper, who suddenly recognized her and alerted Komui. As the gate opened she saw a figure inside the Headquarters. It was a funny figure standing before her with his goofy smile and his cup of coffee in his hands; Komui.

"Well, hello Lady Diana!" his smile grew wider as he began to skip with joy.

"Hello, Komui. It's nice to see you're happy to see me" She smiled at him as she approach him, entering the Headquarters.

"Of course, I'm happy to see you! it's been too long" He took a sip of his coffee and smiled at her once again.

"I have a surprise for you." He stopped and turned around and motioned her to follow him.

"what's the surprise?" She asked curiously. She began to follow Komui deep into the Headquarters.

"You'll see, just follow me" He kept on walking, leaving her with curiosity.

Why so many secrets and surprises? She's been wondering what's going to happen from then on. Diana has no choice, but wait and see what fate has in store for her.
Sign up to rate and review this story