Categories > Anime/Manga > .hack//Sign

summer holidays

by sarabelle181 1 review

it’s been a year, and it’s the holidays, the 7 titans prepare for a summer like no other. From romance to action, their holiday is one to remember.

Category: .hack//Sign - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Published: 2008-12-28 - Updated: 2008-12-29 - 2261 words

0Unrated

The sun rose, greeting the seven sleeping teenagers still sleeping soundly. Jay’s alarm clock rang, he groaned and mentally kicked himself out of bed, and pressed the snooze button. He yawned, and scratched his stomach while stretching his hand with the other, he had stayed up late last night, devising a plan to capture Cronus and save the world once again. Reluctantly he arose and went to find his usual outfit, his yellow and purple striped sweater with his white plain shirt and baggy jeans. He knew he had awhile to wait for Neil to finish, so he went down to have breakfast still in his boxers and shirt. As usual he was the only one awake apart from Neil who had woken early to get ready for school. He looked at the clock, it was only 6:35, and school was in 2 hours. He got his cereal and milk and began to eat his breakfast. 20 mins later jay had just entered the showers, he showered, changed and brushed his teeth in just 15 mins. The others were just starting to wake up. He bumped into Theresa in her small pink nightgown along the way to his room, “ oh hey, didn’t see you there, have a good sleep” he asked looking at her half drooped eyes and hunched back. “ oh yeah it was okay I suppose” she half yawned. “better have a shower then” she added and took off into the direction that he just came from. After he got all his things ready, he headed towards the kitchen, he grinned when he saw his friends and said a quick hello before joining then at the table. Archie and Atlanta were debating over which cereal brand was better, while herry was happily eating both kinds. Odie was playing something on his new play game invention. Neil just arrived finally ready, and greeted then with a another self obsessed comment about his looks before quickly retreating back to him mirror. A few minutes later, a freshen looking Theresa came down, and grabbed an apple and a yogurt. After she finished they all climbed onto herrys truck to school. I can’t believe it’s been really a year already” squealed the orange-headed girl. “Yeah I know, just one more day of boring school and we are free,” added Atlanta. “Well not with cronus on the loose that is” Theresa sighed. Jay’s pmr rang and he grabbed it from his pocket. Its Hera she wants to see us, he said to the rest of the team. They walked straight over to heras office through the secret magical janitors closet. “ Hera, what’s wrong, is it Cronus” he greeted Hera nervously. “ No, no jay, just relax, as you know, the holidays are coming “ she paused staring at all the seven titans and received blank stares.” We, that is the gods and me have decided that you shall all have a proper holiday, forget about Cronus and have fun,” she firmly said. “b-bu-but why, how will you capture Cronus, you need our help to defeat him”
“no” she said, an edge to her voice” you may be the chosen ones, but you are also, teenagers a and you must take a break, you will find that when you come back, your mind will be cleared and you will be ready and better prepared.”
“go to the beach or camp out, just enjoy your holidays and live like normal teens even for a moment.”
They nodded slowly, the information being drained in. they were excused and walked back to school.
Soon the whole team was chattering about their holidays and where they were going to go. Only jay was quiet and walked behind slowly. “hey” a soothing voice said making him jump slightly, he looked up and saw Theresa giving him a small reassuring smile “cronus can wait for us, this is our holiday, a chance to celebrate all the times we had together for a year, we will beat cronus later, I promise”
“ but Cronus is still out there, and who knows what and where his next devious plan will be.”
“jay, remember, what Hera said, we need a break” she insisted.
Jay brought his head up and gave a small comforting smile. “ok, I guess I could” she gave a small laugh and linked arms with him and skipped to class, biology. The day passed quickly in a blur and before she knew it the holidays had just started.
“so, guys any idea on where we are going” she asked the team.
They all shook their heads in response.
“Hmmmm, she thought, suddenly a light bulb formed in her head. “how bout road trip, we can go to the beach and go swimming or go camping and even sailing” at the mention of sailing, jay perked up, it had been a long time since he had gone sailing. He couldn’t wait. Maybe this wasn’t such bad idea in the first place. At the same time, at the sound of swimming, Archie began to worry. “swimming????” “Yep,” Theresa grinned. “Awww are you scared of a wittle bit of water??” she teased him in baby voice. “Ha-ha, very funny” he sighed giving Theresa an evil glare. “That’s okay, Archie I can teach you how to swim” Atlanta said throwing her arm around him to comfort him. He reddened at the thought of him and Atlanta alone with each other in the sea. He nodded absently, still in his little daydream. “Well I dunno bout you, but I can’t wait for the summer barbeques, yummy” herry spoke while rubbing his tummy. “Aaahh, please, as if I’m going anywhere near those oily fatty foods, I am a famous well-loved model, you know” Neil said smirking at herry. Herry just replied with a sure, whatever before locking Neil into a headlock and messing his hair. Neil struggled to escape but when he did and finally looked at his mirror and screamed”herry, you monster, look what you did to my beautiful hair, how embarrassing” Neil, always fully prepared, brought out a comb and hair gel. The others laughed at his attempt to ‘fix’ his hair. They drove home and discussed their road trip for the whole ride. Finally they had reached their home, brownstone; they hopped out and went into their rooms to pack for the trip tomorrow. Atlanta of course finished first and decided to see Theresa and help her pack. As she neared her room she could hear multiple sighs of frustration. Atlanta opened the door to see Theresa lying on her bed looking up at her ceiling. “Hey” Atlanta greeted her. She turned her head and said a quick hello. Atlanta quickly scanned the room; Theresa’s clothes were sprawled everywhere. Atlanta asked if she wanted any help, Theresa answered with a bright smile and eager nod. “So what’s exactly the problem?”
“I just don’t know what to bring” she sighed looking at Atlanta for answers.
“What’s so hard about it, I just stuffed some of my clothes I liked and zipped up my suitcase and voila, im packed and ready to go.”
“Yeah I guess so”
Atlanta walked to her wardrobe and brought out a turquoise halter-top with a jean skirt mini.
“Here” she said handing her friend an outfit. “Here’s one outfit, now just find a few more”
Theresa grabbed them and put then in her large pink suitcase. She took out her bikinis and laid them on her bed. “Which one” she asked Atlanta undecidedly.
“Uummm, bring blue floral one and the red one with the pretty designs on”
“So do you want to borrow one to wear, you know to impress a certain boy” she asked innocently.
“Me in a bikini, um no way, and who may I ask is this certain boy” she asked directly staring into Theresa eyes.
“A certain boy with purple hair who likes you in more ways then a friend” she smiled mischievously.
“a-ar-archie, and m-mee” she stuttered, a fait blush surfacing her face.
“Oh, Atlanta so oblivious sometimes, but the important question is, do you like him as a friend or maybe more…..” she trailed off, and packed more clothes while waiting for a response. Atlanta seemed at loss for words, just as she was packing her black vintage skinny jeans. She heard Atlanta quietly whisper” I dunno, do I”
Atlanta absently handed her a v-cut white singlet with sequins on the hem. “ But im to young for a relationship, Archie doesn’t really like me, it was probably a joke, but still wouldn’t hurt to encourage him,” she thought,
“Actually, can I borrow your pink bikini”
“Sure” Theresa replied with a knowing look. after they had finished packing Atlanta, walked out to put her bikini in her suitcase, she opened the door and turned around and added” o, and I’m sure jay would love to see you in a bikini as well” at the comment Theresa shook her head denying it, but Atlanta only smirked when Theresa’s face turned rosy pink and shut the door firmly shut.
When they had all finished packing they met downstairs in the kitchen when Athena was preparing dinner. “What’s cooking?” asked herry starving already.
“we are having an omelet, now go and sit down, dinner will be served in a couple of minutes. The 7 teenagers sat down at their usual dinner table. Atlanta next to Archie and Theresa who sat across from jay with herry,odie and Neil on his sides. Once more they talked all about their holiday, until Athena walked in with the omelet, she laid the plates and cutlery next to it. The titans each thanked her, and waved goodbye to her. Each of them took their plates and cutlery. Theresa and jay waited patiently for the rest of their teammates to collect their things, before grabbing their own. Their hand collided when they reached for the same fork. They looked at each other or a minute before looking down embarrassed. “sorry,” they mumbled to each other. Atlanta was the only one watching this with interest and wide eyes. She looked around, was everyone so oblivious that their leader and physic, maybe liked each other more than friends. The answer was yes, herry was more interested in his food, while Odie was fiddling with his fork and knife and napkin to produce some sort of device. Neil, was looking at himself as usual, fussing over his head. While Archie was staring at Atlanta but when she turned to look at him, he turned away and looked down at his plate. Jay and Theresa were now avoiding eye contact and slowly ate their food. This was the first time Theresa was shy around a boy, but she was the boy expert, she had all of the guys drooling after her, not to mention all the girls jealous o her. She recalled back to the time just a few weeks ago when the boys from P.E.. where chatting about her and staring at her run around the oval. She also remembered seeing jay’s deadly face when they started talking about how hot and pretty she was. Jay must have been jealous as he kept diverting the topic. It was pretty obvious all the guys were jealous of jay as he got to live with her and see her everyday. When she was in the showers in the girls room next to the boys change room, she overheard them pestering jay about her. Questions like” dude, do you see her in her nightgown, I bet its small and tight not to mention revealing” or “ man jay, did you ever walk in on her changing, man if I were you I would fake amnesia so I wouldn’t know which room was mine and walk in on a certain girl changing or doing interesting stuff” she heard chuckles from all the boys who were no probably daydreaming about her. She heard one of them asking jay if he alright as he was turning red. Atlanta snapped back to reality, I can’t believe I missed all this. By now the team had finished eating and were heading towards the lounge for their usual movie night. Theresa and jay sat on one couch and herry sat on the armchair, the rest of them sat on the floor or the chairs. Throughout the movie, Atlanta paid more attention to Theresa and jay, jays knee accidentally nudged Theresa’s knee. Sorry he apologized quietly. She mouthed that it was ok. She saw them looking at each at the corner of their eyes at different times throughout the movie. ‘someone please give them a push” she silently begged. An idea slowly formed in her head, she would be cupid, but she needed an assistant, she glanced at Archie and decided the job would suit him. Atlanta nudged Archie who only gave her a questionly glance, she pointed towards the soon to be couple. She watched as Archie’s mouth formed into an o from the shock of their leaded and fighter. She quickly told him what she planned on doing and of course Archie nodded ready to agree anything she wanted him to do. Archie sighed and silently thought as he looked at Atlanta’s beautiful features “o, atalanta,if only you understood how I feel for you, I would die if you told me to do so.” Together they devised a plan to bring their friends closer together.
Sign up to rate and review this story